PDA

View Full Version : This Section Has Become a Spamfest.

manker
07-12-2005, 10:06 AM
There used to be some fairly good, serious discussion in here but just recently it has turned into a place where people bump several 2 year old threads in order that they can get more posts - or reply to six or seven threads with one word answers. Usually so they can request invites in the BitTorrent section.

Threads with a modicum of discussion get buried. It's only happened since post count got turned off in the Off-topic Poll section and Funny Stuff.

I rarely check here now and suspect others do likewise.

Poll Question:

What can be done about it?

DanB
07-12-2005, 10:09 AM
Turn off topics poll post countsback on?

manker
07-12-2005, 10:11 AM
Turn off topics poll post countsback on?Option two, I think.

I had a phonecall inbetween writing the thread and finishing typing the poll options :blushing:

DanB
07-12-2005, 10:13 AM
Turn off topics poll post countsback on?Option two, I think.

I had a phonecall inbetween writing the thread and finishing typing the poll options :blushing:

I thought i didn't see them to start with :huh:

Snee
07-12-2005, 10:36 AM
Turn post counts off everywhere :snooty:

Peerzy
07-12-2005, 10:54 AM
Moderate the section more. Having a laugh and spamming is all good in certain sections, but other sections are for serious talking and shouldn't have the stupid spam in them.

:nazi:

manker
07-12-2005, 11:07 AM
Moderate the section more. Having a laugh and spamming is all good in certain sections, but other sections are for serious talking and shouldn't have the stupid spam in them.

:nazi:That's the thing tho' - some of the spam is on-topic (oxymoron, I know). Some people reply to six or seven threads with one word replies which are on-topic but add little to the discussion.

Example:

Q: Do you agree with abortion?
A: No.

I don't believe that's what this section should be about.

Also the bumping of old dead polls with only one poll option is very annoying.

I don't believe the modulaters can undulate their way around this problem with stricter measures. I think it's about coercing teh spammers into other areas.

Guillaume
07-12-2005, 11:40 AM
Turn post count off everywhere and attribute the stars (for those who need them) basing on the amount of time spent on the board and date of joining the said board.
There should be a way to calculate some sort of ratio. :01:

ziggyjuarez
07-12-2005, 12:21 PM
nerd...

Wolfmight
08-15-2005, 02:20 AM
Just kidding...wanted to balance the votes.

DarthInsinuate
08-15-2005, 10:00 AM
yes

DarthInsinuate
08-15-2005, 10:02 AM
i'd prefer it if we didn't have post counts at all, and there was a better way of dishing out bittorrent invites

if not, only allow post counts in Software and Funny Stuff, i don't care about those sections so you can spam them into the ground if you must

Busyman
08-15-2005, 01:00 PM
I didn't know post count was back on in the off-topic sections anyway. :blink:

Why the fuck should we have post counts OR stars?

Tbh honest, I don't notice the spam as much as most of you (or simply doesn't get to me as much).

If someone asks me question, I might say simply NO and couldn't give a shit* about my post count.

If someone has a one word answer, I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it. It is annoying when/if there's pages of one word answers though. It really does fuck up a thread.

I'd like to know who's idea it was to start post counts back in the off-topic sections anyway. I hope it wasn't to curb spam elsewhere 'cause it still goes on.

* Whether this is the correct version or whether I should or shouldn't give 2 or even 3 shits, I could or couldn't give a shit. If one struggles with this wording then simply get some pussy to get your mind off grammar. However, If you think that there is something, possibly, in the world that you do give 9 shits about, feel free to use whatever the fuck comes to mind since, if you could or couldn't give a shit, it doesn't fucking matter....now does it? ANSWER ME MOTHERFUCKER!!!. Thanks, and fuck yo mama.

Barbarossa
08-15-2005, 01:09 PM

'S not.

Busyman
08-15-2005, 01:12 PM

'S not.
Oic, but the serious poll section has it.

Still dumb.

Alien5
08-15-2005, 02:32 PM
Turn post counts off everywhere :snooty:
i agree aswell :)