PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of this..?

tralalala
07-12-2005, 02:13 PM
I play on Pogo.com, a great online gaming site where you can even win prizes....

One day I was wandering through the prize winning rules, and look what I found.....

Eligibility
• Open to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who already have connection to the Internet and an e-mail account.
• U.S. legal residents must be 18 years or older to win cash prizes. Canadian legal residents must have reached the age of majority in their state/province of residence to participate.
• In order to be declared a winner, Canadian residents may be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill-testing question.

WTF??
Where did that come from? Why would a Canadian need to answer a question to win a prize..????

Is this the only place it goes on in or are there other places it happens in as well???????

I think it smells bad at Pogo..

Rafi

RPerry
07-12-2005, 02:23 PM
I play on Pogo.com, a great online gaming site where you can even win prizes....

One day I was wandering through the prize winning rules, and look what I found.....

Eligibility
• Open to legal residents of the United States and Canada (excluding Quebec) who already have connection to the Internet and an e-mail account.
• U.S. legal residents must be 18 years or older to win cash prizes. Canadian legal residents must have reached the age of majority in their state/province of residence to participate.
• In order to be declared a winner, Canadian residents may be required to correctly answer a time-limited skill-testing question.

WTF??
Where did that come from? Why would a Canadian need to answer a question to win a prize..????

Is this the only place it goes on in or are there other places it happens in as well???????

I think it smells bad at Pogo..

Rafi

I used to play pogo games when I got my first computer. in all the time I played, I never ran into one winner of the so called prizes :rolleyes: I actually never played for the money anyway, only to pass the time

tralalala
07-12-2005, 05:16 PM
Sure, that's why I play too :)

But that rule seems very odd to me......

Snee
07-12-2005, 05:24 PM
Maybe you've got this a bit backwards.

Consider the fact that they might have implemented that to make it more even.

"Americans have such a hard times spelling their own names so we know where to send the prices, and that makes it unfair, so lets give the Canadians something tricky to do too."

That's predjudice that is.

tralalala
07-12-2005, 05:26 PM
Yes, but taking it seriously, I think it is very unfair, let's say a Canadian wins the 4,999$ jackpot, and fails the question......??? I would be pretty pissed off, wouldn't you?

lynx
07-12-2005, 05:46 PM
Usually, these games are nothing more than simple games of chance. That's probably illegal under Canadian law, so they have to pass a "skill" test in order that it is no longer a game of chance.

It will probably be a question like "what colour is the opposite of black: 1)red 2)blue 3)white".

Gripper
07-12-2005, 05:54 PM
red

tralalala
07-12-2005, 05:58 PM
blue?

:lol: lmao

Rat Faced
07-12-2005, 06:06 PM
Usually, these games are nothing more than simple games of chance. That's probably illegal under Canadian law, so they have to pass a "skill" test in order that it is no longer a game of chance.

It will probably be a question like "what colour is the opposite of black: 1)red 2)blue 3)white".

A little like our own multiple choice questions, to win stuff off TV?

bigboab
07-12-2005, 06:14 PM

"Americans have such a hard times spelling their own names so we know where to send the prices, and that makes it unfair, so lets give the Canadians something tricky to do too."

/reported.

I know an American who can spell his name, O J.:blink:

Busyman
07-12-2005, 06:26 PM

Aww get off our nuts. :happy:

Btw, is there legal gambling in Canada?

NikkiD
07-12-2005, 06:40 PM
Aww get off our nuts. :happy:

Btw, is there legal gambling in Canada?

Yes. It isn't federally regulated though, it's done on a provincial level. Some provinces have different laws regarding gambling than others.

tralalala
07-13-2005, 01:14 PM
:lol: It's illegal to gamble in Israel....
The police seem to bust loads of people annualy for having gambling machines in their shops (cafes, bowling places, snooker clubs etc.)....

Barbarossa
07-13-2005, 02:38 PM
:lol: It's illegal to gamble in Israel....
The police seem to bust loads of people annualy for having gambling machines in their shops (cafes, bowling places, snooker clubs etc.)....

So here's another reason not to visit ... :ph34r:

tralalala
07-13-2005, 02:48 PM
:lol: :lol: LMAO :lol:

tralalala
07-13-2005, 02:48 PM
And what do you mean by "another reason"...?? <_<