PDA

View Full Version : emule waiting..

horia
07-12-2005, 05:17 PM
I have started using emule but I seem to have one problem...(I've read topics and posts here but I haven't seem to find anything that might help my problem)... I put something to download and it stays waiting althouh I'm uploading with max speed and that is my only download :cry: ... that sux...plz help.. I just use emule for small files(under 100MB)..thx..

nemesis01
07-12-2005, 05:48 PM
from my experience slowness goes with the network but the quality of the files evens it out somewhat, only way i have ever found to speed it up is to have a lot of files downloading, uploading more seems to have no effect.

horia
07-12-2005, 06:54 PM
but if I download lots of files it will take me days to finish small sized files... and that is so lame...

EDIT: I don't undersnatnd why it is still waiting, with only one download , good ratio and still... does the client have any word to say in this or it doesn't matter??? or maybe the server... who knows...pls help :ermm:

AndrewBarker
07-13-2005, 12:04 AM
althouh I'm uploading with max speed
This is your problem, you can't download anything if you upload at full speed
this is because your ACKnowledgment packets can't get through

In Options > Connection
set your upload speed to about 2 thirds of your maximum

sArA
07-13-2005, 12:18 AM
Not any less though huh?......No leeching :)

horia
07-13-2005, 08:00 AM
althouh I'm uploading with max speed
This is your problem, you can't download anything if you upload at full speed
this is because your ACKnowledgment packets can't get through

In Options > Connection
set your upload speed to about 2 thirds of your maximum

when I said max speed I refered to max speed of the 2 thirds of the total upload speed... it still doesn't want to conect to any sources :cry:

Afronaut
07-13-2005, 09:59 AM
The wait is the key in eMule:

Here's how i use it:

1.download 1 small and 1 large file of pr0n, Jenna Jameson will do, usually. (sometimes I dl more just to be sure :shifty: )

2. share that stuff, it is guaranteed to max your upload, thus fixing the ratio to plus side

3. let the mule run for couple of days (usually i leave it on for nights)

4. when the ratio is like 20:0, i go search for my rare mp3's pdf's whatnot and the downloads happens rather fast.
(im cutting in queus because of the good ratio)

5. no profits

6. jump to nr 3.

I use the version from here (http://www.filesharingguide.com/emule.htm).
Maybe not the best out there but it does the stuff for me.

Also, i use eMule for more rare stuff.
Generally speaking its torrents all the way, if possible.

:)