PDA

View Full Version : Tour de France official thread!! :)

tralalala
07-12-2005, 05:32 PM
OK, seems nobody cares about it so I'll start this myself....

Today in stage 10, the Peloton went off, and a breakaway was made after some 12KM of racing.

That breakaway was eventually run down by "Groupe Armstrong" which consisted of himself, Ullrich, Rassmussen, Vinokurove, Basso, and some others.

They then picked up the pace even more with 20KM to go, dropping Vinokurove and Ullrich and even Basso, leaving Armstrong and Rassmussen to battle it out with 2 other riders (1 of which was Alejandro Valverde, a good sprinter).

500 meteres from the end, Armstrong and Valvede stepped on it and went for the big sprint finish, with Valvede finishing a couple inches ahead of the Grand Master.

Armstrong managed to get 1:02 minutes from Basso, 2:14 minutes from Ullrich and over 5 minutes (!!!) from Vinokurove.
This means Armstrong is back in yellow again, leading the tour by 38 seconds from Rassmussen, and his closest rival of the big names is only Basso, over 2:30 minutes away.

This definately is a delight for the great American, going for his 7th consecutive Tour victory, an all time record.

Post thoughts, results and opinions in this thread :D

Rafi

backlash
07-15-2005, 07:59 PM
I've been watching it every day! :) go Lance! he's an amazing cyclist.

crazikid
07-23-2005, 02:55 PM
GO LANCE, wat a champion!

99%
07-23-2005, 03:27 PM
that is one hell of a bikeride

http://eur.i1.yimg.com/eur.yimg.com/i/fr/sp/carte.jpg

Busyman
07-25-2005, 12:54 AM
7 victorys in a row!!!!!

Guillaume
07-25-2005, 09:39 AM
@99%: that's not this year's tour.

I'm sure he could have won more than 7. :01:

Has anyone more info on the rumor saying Armstrong is going into politics?

Busyman
07-25-2005, 11:29 AM
@99%: that's not this year's tour.

I'm sure he could have won more than 7. :01:

Has anyone more info on the rumor saying Armstrong is going into politics?
I hope not. If he does, on the surface it would be a steaming pile of bullshit.

There's some asshole pushing him to do it.

tralalala
07-25-2005, 07:05 PM
If he was smart enough to reitre at the peak, he will be smart enough not to go into politics..

jetje
07-26-2005, 11:35 AM
Armstrong start in a next tour.....

with Cheryl as a STAR.... :schnauz:

Armstrong wins because of the no-brainers in the peleton like Jan Ullrich, Levi Leipheimer, Bobby Julich i.e. and the fact that the only one that could have come close to him, next years winner, Ivan Basso did Lance a favor by driving the Giro (The Italy Tour) first. Wich gave Lance the chance to finish in style.

Lance is a big champion, but this years competition was never coursing for first place.
Lance said in an interview with the Dutch tele, he will step back out the 'public life' for the next years.... ;) .