View Full Version : Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Adster
07-13-2005, 03:36 AM
shit 100% already on rotten tomartoes .com

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/charlie_and_the_chocolate_factory/

im big fan of Tim Burton films too

Guyver
07-13-2005, 03:44 AM
Depp always puts his all into his roles :D, looks like its goin to be a good flik :)

motov600
07-13-2005, 09:52 AM
looks good
worth watching in the cinema, i think

Aaron_T
07-13-2005, 09:06 PM
yep seen the advertisements at the cinema the last time i was there, looks great to me, i thoroughly enjoyed the original so i hope this one matches up.

gonna go see it soon hopefully..

peat moss
07-14-2005, 01:10 AM
Depp always puts his all into his roles :D, looks like its goin to be a good flik :)

He looks weird with with the Prince Valiant haircut eh ? Was talk he modeled his look on Micheal Jackson . :lol:

orcutt989
07-14-2005, 02:21 AM
I am afraid for this movie. I am a hardcore fan of the original. Gene Wilder is my "Willy Wonka" and so is the little blonde-haired Charley Bucket, but I guess since it was a Novel anyone can play it. The movie had its own sense of "twisted-ness" and I know burton has his own kind of twistedness also, I just hope he doesnt ruin the movie.

maebach
07-14-2005, 03:58 PM
Tim Burton is good with his movies. Edward Scissorhands, BATman, Pee-Wee ( :blink: ), Nightmare before Christmas, James and The Giant Peach and maybe The Corpse Bride will be good too.

muchspl3
07-16-2005, 03:35 AM
Just got back from seeing this a little while ago and I loved it. Johnny Depp (as expected) was a great Willy Wonka. But the best moments for me were the new Oompa Loompa songs. They were all updated and just catchy as hell. There are some really funny moments throughout the film which had the audience laughing. I loved all the flashbacks which showed Willy in Loompaland and him as a kid. His Dad (Christopher Lee) was great as always.

There were a lot of big differences from the original movie here. No plot to steal the everlasting gobstopper, no lickable wallpaper, no Willy getting mad at the end as a test for Charlie. I haven't read the book, but I imagine that this movie is closer to the book than Gene Wilder's 'Wonka' was. I really need to read that book along with it's sequel, "Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator".

Oh and the audience clapped at the end when the credits rolled. GHEY

lee551
07-16-2005, 06:43 AM
friends all told me it was hilarious. i'll have to grab it when it 'appears.'

asmithz
07-16-2005, 08:24 AM
Just got back..... Johnny Depp was great. I love the cannible joke, That was teh hilarious.

Guyver
07-16-2005, 08:33 AM
Just got back..... Johnny Depp was great. I love the cannible joke, That was teh hilarious.

i dont got to the movies anymore...ill wait and download it like always lol

tracydani
07-16-2005, 10:04 AM
I am afraid for this movie. I am a hardcore fan of the original. Gene Wilder is my "Willy Wonka" and so is the little blonde-haired Charley Bucket, but I guess since it was a Novel anyone can play it. The movie had its own sense of "twisted-ness" and I know burton has his own kind of twistedness also, I just hope he doesnt ruin the movie.

My thoughts exactly. I have still been eager to watch it. When I heard it was coming out and Burton and Depp were doing it I figured it would have a chance.

Then I saw a preview and saw how Depp was acting and I thought I would not watch it. But I have since read that he did a very good job after a bit.

Can't wait to see it.

@ muchspl3

It's been a while since I have seen people clapping for a movie. Must have been good :) Maybe the movie guys will actually start making more movies people are willing to applaud.

TD

asmithz
07-16-2005, 10:27 AM

Ahh....well me too, but i was out with friends.

ahctlucabbuS
07-16-2005, 10:44 AM

Same... the reason however is that it premiers september 16 over here :frusty:

And watching the trailer, Michael Jackson did indeed pop into mind when watching Depps performance.

asmithz
07-16-2005, 05:56 PM

Same... the reason however is that it premiers september 16 over here :frusty:

And watching the trailer, Michael Jackson did indeed pop into mind when watching Depps performance.

Yea he is very much like MJ in this movie, exsept he dosen't like children. ;)

Monkeee
07-22-2005, 12:25 AM
just finished watching this movie. It was great! Johnny Depp made a perfect Wonka. Still ekpt all the Wacky essence of Wonka!

ironkoala
07-22-2005, 06:24 PM
the movie is highly recommended...depp did a real good job along with the oompa loompa songs. the veruca salt song was hilarious. the violet song was really weak though.