PDA

View Full Version : Double posts

peat moss
07-13-2005, 05:45 AM
Hey whats up with that ? I swear I'm drinking tea tonite really ! But when I go to edit for spelling or add a link I end up with double posts . :blink: I'v been posting here for two years and never had as many as the last week . :frusty:

Afronaut
07-13-2005, 05:52 AM
I just edited one of my posts, no problem here. I suspect it could be a browser issue.
Try to clear cookies and whatnot, maybe it helps.

What browser you're using?

peat moss
07-13-2005, 06:37 AM
Firefox , I think its when I preview an edit, but not sure.

Afronaut
07-13-2005, 06:39 AM
Sara had some issues, uninstalled firefox and reinstalling did the trick.
It's possible to save the profile/settings before going for it.

Im not 100% of this info as I've not done it.

But it did fix issues Sara's Firefox was having.
(Im not sure of Sara thought...:P)

sArA
07-13-2005, 09:38 AM
I may be occasionally catty but don't need fixing thankyou Afronaut!! :lol:

My issues were to do with smilies and the mod tools and was fixed by a reinstall, but I had to go to the application data in documents and settings (hidden files) and delete the Mozilla folder to get rid of the problem settings...

Oh...and don't forget to save your personal files (I think its .bat) or you will lose all your favourites and stuff

peat moss
07-13-2005, 12:43 PM
Mabye will try that thankx. For back up I use Mozilla backup. :)

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

RPerry
07-13-2005, 05:04 PM
I've had a couple of double posts myself, mostly when I submit it times out. I have learned just to close the window, and I usually come back to find my post :shifty:

RealitY
07-13-2005, 05:16 PM
Thats basically what Ive gotten in the past also...

peat moss
07-14-2005, 01:17 AM
Thanks all for the replys, I think it coincides when the board is slow or busy and I need to learn "patience " :blushing: Hey no fair atleast you mods can delete yours when you screw up . :D