PDA

View Full Version : Rumors of possible ATI takedown!

Shiranai_Baka
07-13-2005, 01:11 PM
So there are rumors of ATI to be bought by AMD or intel or other companies since they have been doing bad on the stock market (?) Lets wait and see. :)

Edit: Found source.

http://firingsquad.com/news/newsarticle.asp?searchid=8341

Speculation is heating up that ATI may be an enticing takeover target for a company such as Intel, AMD, Broadcom, or Texas Instruments, after an analyst at TD Securities issued a report stating as much: "Mr. Lee said takeover rumours surfaced last month after ATI issued its third-quarter results and provided "weak" fourth-quarter guidance." Ars Technica quotes a Candian article that goes on to state that ATI has failed to launch a new high-end part for the crucial back-to-school and potentially holiday sales seasons, hurting ATI's OEM sales business with PC manufacturers such as Dell.

Some analysts are speculating this makes ATI a perfect takeover candidate, as they're currently down right now but could quickly come back if their next high-end part is strong (in addition to Xbox 360 sales).

peat moss
07-14-2005, 12:41 AM
Interesting read hadn't heard about it , bet AMD or Intel would love that in their stable .

While I have an ATI 9700 pro now I would n't have a problem switching to Nvidia on my next system . But I wonder what they think about it all ? Would love to be a fly on the wall at the next Nvidia's board meeting . ;)

bigdawgfoxx
07-14-2005, 04:42 AM
Haha i have a 9700Pro to and would have a hard time deciding what card to buy next lol

Shiranai_Baka
07-16-2005, 10:35 PM
Hrmm, I thought more people would've taken interest in this article. No one else has comments on this? El Oh El!