PDA

View Full Version : NHL will play

RPerry
07-13-2005, 10:48 PM
NHL, NHLPA reach agreement in principle
The NHL and the players' association reached an agreement in principle Wednesday on a six-year labor deal, ending a lockout that wiped out last season.

It's a new day," Philadelphia Flyers coach Ken Hitchcock told The Associated Press. "It's pretty exciting." Both sides still need to ratify the deal, a pact that is expected to contain a salary cap - something players' union executive director Bob Goodenow never wanted. That process is expected to be completed next week, the league and the union said in a joint news release.

"To be totally honest, I really don't care what the deal is anymore. All I care about is getting the game back on the ice," Flayers star Jeremy Roenicksaid in a telephone interview during a celebrity golf event in Nevada.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nhl/story/3758718

Busyman
07-13-2005, 10:54 PM
Cool. I know I'll get at least 1st and last game tickets for the Caps!!! :01:

davec8
07-14-2005, 12:25 AM
Finally. It's about damn time. I'm at the point where I can't watch any more old games on LeafsTV, classic sports or the NHL network anymore. I can't wait for things to get underway again.

maebach
07-15-2005, 03:16 AM
:lol: leafstv does show old games all the time. maybe the leafs will win this year.

Skiz
07-15-2005, 05:14 AM
Great! :w00t: Now they can move in behind professional badmitton and celebrity poker on my list of sports to watch. :P

peat moss
07-16-2005, 07:05 PM
My little guy keeps asking me Daddy when's Autumn ? Dawn'd on me he new before I did Hockey was back on ! :lol:

peat moss
07-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Great! :w00t: Now they can move in behind professional badmitton and celebrity poker on my list of sports to watch. :P

Hey whats wrong with celebrity poker ? I see they got quite a following with the hockey lock out . :D

zapjb
07-16-2005, 07:17 PM
Imo hockey is the best team sport!

Busyman
07-16-2005, 08:05 PM
In my opinion basketball is and at the very least the most entertaining. :01:

peat moss
07-16-2005, 08:48 PM
In my opinion basketball is and at the very least the most entertaining. :01:

Only in the last 2 minutes ! :dry: But I'm wondering how the rule changes will play out ? Hopefuly bring some new fans to the game ,lord knows they have a lot of work to do .

davec8
07-16-2005, 09:16 PM
I'm wondering how the rule changes will play out ? Hopefuly bring some new fans to the game ,lord knows they have a lot of work to do .
Like the saying goes, "drastic times call for drastic measures"
It's always a gamble to make major rule changes but at this point I don't think they have a choice but to do a big shakeup.

peat moss
07-16-2005, 09:44 PM
I was reading a news artical about the games makers (EA) trying to figure out who's going to be playing on what team so they could adjust their rosters . Their new games are do out soon . Made me chuckle !

GaG
07-30-2005, 03:49 AM
im so glad that they are bak... man i don't if i can stand another crap basketball season with the raptors... go leafs go... wooohooo%5 discount on tickets

peat moss
07-30-2005, 04:11 AM
im so glad that they are bak... man i don't if i can stand another crap basketball season with the raptors... go leafs go... wooohooo%5 discount on tickets

Try and contain your self will you.

Its more like :w00t: :01: :naughty: :w00t: JK Friend it is exciting tho.

Busyman
07-30-2005, 05:21 AM
I wouldn't even like basketball if the Raptors were my team. :ermm:

Canada already lost one team. I think the Raptors are next. Time to move them into the states.

zapjb
07-30-2005, 06:44 AM
Imo those who like basketball more than ice hockey or at all (lol) don't understand it. Prove me wrong bb fans. You can't. You never understood ice hockey & probably never played it. Ice Hockey IS THE BEST TEAM SPORT IN THE WORLD!!!!!

peat moss
07-30-2005, 05:14 PM
Imo those who like basketball more than ice hockey or at all (lol) don't understand it. Prove me wrong bb fans. You can't. You never understood ice hockey & probably never played it. Ice Hockey IS THE BEST TEAM SPORT IN THE WORLD!!!!!

Holey shit a computer abuser and hockey fan ? I liked you before but now you just moved up ! :lol: Fastest game in the world, think soccer on ice ! :shutup:

Is anyone watching the NHL draft ?

davec8
07-30-2005, 06:39 PM
Is anyone watching the NHL draft ?
Yes. Been watching the whole thing. I always do.
The Leafs just picked up Jeff O'Neill from Carolina. nhl.com link about it (http://www.nhl.com/news/2005/07/231336.html) Sweet. I like it. Solid #2 centre behind Sundin. I think that pretty much guarantees they won't sign Nieuwendyk.

EDIT: The article says they plan to use him on right wing. I think they need him up the middle more than on the wing. Oh, well. We'll see I guess.

Busyman
07-30-2005, 09:40 PM
I like hockey...only if I'm at the game.

...and I do understand it's but it's one of few sports I never played.

I like Andy Rooney summation of ice hockey....there isn't enough scoring.

Too many games end 1 to 0. I have the same problem with soccer.

Andy Rooney said also that basketball has too much scoring. A 7-footer just has to jump 4 inches to dunk.

However, basketball has more finesse and showtime coupled with basics.

peat moss
07-31-2005, 02:19 AM

Andy Rooney said also that basketball has too much scoring. A 7-footer just has to jump 4 inches to dunk.

To me it just seemed like a big man's game , if your 7 ft tall you do well. But Steve Nash is a smaller person and play's with heart something you can't teach, so all us white guys can dream I guess. Lord know's we can't jump :lol:

zapjb
07-31-2005, 06:19 AM
bb needs to raise the basket to 12 feet.

Busyman
07-31-2005, 06:22 AM

To me it just seemed like a big man's game , if your 7 ft tall you do well. But Steve Nash is a smaller person and play's with heart something you can't teach, so all us white guys can dream I guess. Lord know's we can't jump :lol:
I've played against/with 7-footers that were total shit at the game.

They just take up alot of airspace.

You still have to know how to play.

There are tons of small fries that are good at the game.

Busyman
07-31-2005, 06:23 AM
bb needs to raise the basket to 12 feet.
1 more inch might not make the difference to a 7-footer.

I used to be able to dunk and I'm only 5'9".

peat moss
07-31-2005, 09:12 AM
I've played against/with 7-footers that were total shit at the game.

They just take up alot of airspace.

You still have to know how to play.

There are tons of small fries that are good at the game.

Good on you ,small frire 's sometimes make game go round . :)