PDA

View Full Version : can't check gmail in Firefox?

sameer0807
07-13-2005, 11:34 PM
Hi,

Recently, for some reason when i try check my gmail in Firefox, i get a 404 error (or sumthin similar), but when i check gmail in IE it works.

Does anyone know wat's goin on with Firefox? And yes i have latest firefox updates n all.

plz help! I hate fkin IE.

thanks

Master$hake
07-13-2005, 11:43 PM
Check your security settings in firefox, make sure you have java enabled and so on.
Just for kicks you might want to think about not using gmail because of security issues. Google for that matter as well. Try www.scroogle.org for search purposes.

I tried connecting to www.gmail.com and it worked fine using firefox 1.0.5, there are java scripts on the opening page so make sure its enabled, I think active x to.

tesco
07-14-2005, 12:39 AM
Check your security settings in firefox, make sure you have java enabled and so on.
Just for kicks you might want to think about not using gmail because of security issues. Google for that matter as well. Try www.scroogle.org for search purposes.

I tried connecting to www.gmail.com and it worked fine using firefox 1.0.5, there are java scripts on the opening page so make sure its enabled, I think active x to.
There are no active x things on the gmail page, just javascript and html.
If javascript is disbaled it will show you the page still in a simpler mode.

Not sure why you are getting the 404 errors tho.

sameer0807
07-14-2005, 06:07 AM
ya javascript is enabled...still no luck. :( I think this has started to happen after i did Firefox update, how can i roll it back? Just to see if that might work.

micolithe
07-14-2005, 06:22 AM
It's working fine for me in Firefox, and I updated to 1.0.5 as well.

Have you installed any new extensions lately?

tesco
07-14-2005, 03:30 PM
Try clearing cache and cookies and everything maybe. :unsure:

maebach
07-15-2005, 03:21 AM
if all fails (IF EVERYTHING FAILS!) stick to IE.

Rick Phlegm
07-15-2005, 03:25 AM
Try deleting your profile. It's an extreme step but it wouldn't take too long to set everything up to your taste again.

sameer0807
07-15-2005, 04:22 AM
if all fails (IF EVERYTHING FAILS!) stick to IE.
lol i rather not use internet then browing net with IE.

Anyways I will first try what Rosco is saying, if didn't work out then will follow Rick Phlegm advice.

sameer0807
07-15-2005, 04:27 AM
Try deleting your profile. It's an extreme step but it wouldn't take too long to set everything up to your taste again.

OK it worked. Thanks alot man.

Cheers :D

suscept
07-15-2005, 10:27 AM
my gmail is not even working in IE... it just hangs saying loading......

Master$hake
07-15-2005, 12:29 PM
Are you running any other firewall or anti-virus or ad blocking software?

manker
07-15-2005, 05:19 PM
Are you running any other firewall or anti-virus or ad blocking software?That's probably the problem.

I had the same trouble of not being able to access GMail in any browser - as soon as I disabled my firewall (Kerio) it worked fine.

Not sure why a Kerio firewall would do that but it was definitely the root of my problem. It works fine with other firewalls.

Master$hake
07-16-2005, 02:00 AM
Kerio blocks alot of things by default in simple mode, turn it to advanced mode and try again it should ask you if you want to allow the traffic.

My guess is any security related software is going to have problems with gmail because of googles security policies.

If your looking for a good firewall try outpost, its much simpler to add rules for traffic and application control.