PDA

View Full Version : Ntl antivirus

Gripper
07-15-2005, 02:29 PM
Ntl are offering a free antivirus program to their users,was wondering if anyone had given it a go and had any problems with it,or would recommend it,am using AVG at the moment,had a couple of things slip through before so would like to know if anyone had tried the NTL program

nemesis01
07-15-2005, 02:35 PM
best place to ask really is www.nthellworld.co.uk saw the link the other day to the program but couldn't say if it was up to much or not, if you want a decent free one get the years free trial of CA Eztrust Antivirus. if you do get that ntl one tho let us know what it's like, i'm curious but not so much that i want to install it.

Gripper
07-15-2005, 05:37 PM
Have installed it,easy enough to install,did a full scan with it and it said it had found 2 viruses,so I scanned with trend online virus checker which found none,when I tested the files individualy with the ntl virus checker it passed them,so it may have some detection problems,we'll see how it go's

peat moss
07-16-2005, 12:26 AM
Have installed it,easy enough to install,did a full scan with it and it said it had found 2 viruses,so I scanned with trend online virus checker which found none,when I tested the files individualy with the ntl virus checker it passed them,so it may have some detection problems,we'll see how it go's

Nothing like false positives to give you a sense of dread. :rolleyes:

Smith
07-16-2005, 03:48 AM
Sympatico offers this program called freedom. Its a peice of shit, all it does it make your computer slow. Get NOD32 off TPB and follow the install instructions. You get the best AV. It only takes up like 3-4 mb of memory and has the best find rate.

PM me if u need help

Gripper
07-18-2005, 09:40 AM
Thanks Canuk am dloading nod 32 at the moment,the ntl av doesn't seem to be taking up much resources yet so I'm gonna let it carry on for a bit and see how it does:)