PDA

View Full Version : Everytime I buy something online, something goes absolutely wrong!!!

Rip The Jacker
07-16-2005, 07:56 AM
First, let me start off by saying this.... SHIT!

There, now that I've gotten that out, let me go on...

Like a week ago, I bought something off eBay. I won Super Mario Advance 4 for my Gameboy Advance SP in an auction. Now, knowing this was eBay, I was sure to pay attention to the user's feedback. Up until now, he has 100% feedback, nothing negative. He's also sold GBA SP games only, up until right now.

So I bought Super Mario Advance 4 for $14 (with shipping), which was good, the game costs $24 used. So I'm happy, I got it for $14, and I waited one week. Today the game arrives. And guess what? I open the package to find a bootleg copy of the damn game!!!

The label on the cartridge is literally home-made! It's like a sticker with a stretched image on it, it looks like it was obviously made with some label-making program at home! The stupid thing came off easily!

When I turn on the game, I get the following message:

Reading...
Saved data corrupted.
Game OK.
File 1 OK.
Blah blah blah OK OK OK.
It looks to me like he got a flash rom cartridge (empty GBA cartridge), and put the Super Mario rom on it. I normally wouldn't have a problem with it being bootleg and stuff, but the game is messed up. I ran into a ton of problems trying to save my game. This sucks, half the time I save my game, it disappears after it turn my GBA off and back on. :(

How the hell did he sell 20 something bootleg games to eBay users and no one noticed??? Everytime I buy something online, something goes horribly wrong! :angry: :angry: :angry: :(

Mad Cat
07-16-2005, 11:20 AM
You can buy these bootlegged games for a few quid ($6 or so?) in countries with more lax laws. I always buy a few new GBA games in Turkey, you gotta be careful of things like Pokemon though, they don't have the time battery, etc. Some don't save games properly, either, while some are perfect. Its hit and miss, really, but the price is right considering how much you'd have to pay normally.

EDIT: I wonder if you could go buy it brand new from a shop nearby. Swap cartridges. Take it back and say it gives an error message when you put it in (plus most stores have a week or so no quibbles return). They'll probably check the cartridge quickly, and if they're not smart they won't know. Bang. You've got a brand new real, working game.

Peerzy
07-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Report him to ebay and paypal. Selling warez is not only illigal but totally against what the scene is about. Email him saying your gonna gtet him butt fucked by ebay unless he refunds you your money.

brotherdoobie
07-16-2005, 11:52 AM
Report him to ebay and paypal. Selling warez is not only illigal but totally against what the scene is about. Email him saying your gonna gtet him butt fucked by ebay unless he refunds you your money.

...and the scene is so happy with p2p...;)

Peace bd

Afronaut
07-16-2005, 12:38 PM
I think Peerzy refers to Teh Scene, groups that does the rippin.
They dont charge money.
I dont think the groups actually feed the p2p with the releases.
But lucky for us, someone who has access to the right places does.

:)

Just an uneducated guess, I dot claim to understand how all this Scene and p2p stuff works.

Monkeee
07-16-2005, 12:47 PM

roflmfao, i totally agree with Peerzy roflmfao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

brotherdoobie
07-16-2005, 12:49 PM
They dont charge money.

Just an uneducated guess, I dot claim to understand how all this Scene and p2p stuff works.

You are correct Slinger. I was being facetious. I am currious if Peerzy realized the irony in his statement.

The scene detest p2p releases. :)

Peace bd

Peerzy
07-16-2005, 12:50 PM
They dont charge money.

Yup, groups don't charg for the camera they use to cam movies, or the computers they use to rip dvds.

Groups have nothing to do with the p2p scene at all. They release onto ftp's and most of them wish there stuff is kept off of P2P.

Thats why some groups even password protect stuff, and only give out the passwords to people they know in the scene.

Groups would much rather see there stuff off of BT sites, or Emule or anywhere other than teh ftp's.

P2P if you think about it is what makes companies lose all the money. Originally stuff was kept very private and only for teh 1337 people and sceners.

They dont charge money.

You are correct Slinger. I was being facetious. I am currious if Peerzy realized the irony in his statement.

The scene detest p2p releases. :)

Peace bd

I do realize. The P2P scene the people hwo go out on the streets with bootlegged DVD's and sell them have caused masive problems for the scene. Not just by getting pratically the whole media into it and getting reports on the news and stuff. If stuff was kept in the scene like it should be then im sure there would be alot less of these busts we see and alot more decent stuff being pirated.

I was simply saying that selling stuff also goes against what the groups work for.

roflmfao, i totally agree with Peerzy roflmfao :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://img211.imageshack.us/img211/6030/roflcopter74gq.gif

Rip The Jacker
07-17-2005, 06:37 AM
EDIT: I wonder if you could go buy it brand new from a shop nearby. Swap cartridges. Take it back and say it gives an error message when you put it in (plus most stores have a week or so no quibbles return). They'll probably check the cartridge quickly, and if they're not smart they won't know. Bang. You've got a brand new real, working game.
Most likely they will check, the game I recieved has a shitty home-made label that looks significantly different. Otherwise I'd try that. :(

I sent him this message through eBay:

I'm very disappointed. The game you sent me is bootleg. It looks like you took a GBA Flash Rom Cartridge (blank GBA cartridge) and put the Super Mario Advance 4 rom on it.

The label on the cartridge looks stretched and like it was made at home with some label making program. It's really easy to come right off.

The game is giving me problems. Whenever I run it, I get the following message:
Reading...
Saved games corrupted.
Game OK.
File 1 OK.
File 2 OK.
And it just goes on from there.

Basically I can't save my games. After playing, half the time I save my game, it just disappears. I've had to start over 5 times now. The saved game is corrupted.

This is NOT the original game, this looks like its completely bootleg to me. What should I do about my save game problem? I want some answers, otherwise I'm sorry but negetive feedback will be given.

Please respond as soon as possible.
I'm pissed man. In no where in his aution page does it say "Note: Your not getting the actual game. I'm sending you a bullshit home-made game. Don't worry, it's 10% guarenteed to work."

:angry:

Rip The Jacker
07-17-2005, 07:06 AM
Looks like someone else (a user named shelbulah) before me finally realized that the game's this guy sells are bootleg!

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hkstandard

EDIT: Left his ass negative feedback (see top). Looking for how to report him to eBay...

Peerzy
07-17-2005, 11:49 AM
In your Ebay go to items won then click the drop down menu next to the item you won and click report to Ebay.

Has he replied yet?

Buffalo
07-17-2005, 07:51 PM
Hope you get sorted & i'm sure you will, You're not the only one,
I Bought a pair of Oakley Sunglasses friday "Oakley Juliet sunglasses"

http://www.sunglasses-int.com/images/items/04-114.jpg

Got them sat morning with a bit of a shock!

Item descripsion: They have embedded 'O's on the templates and Oakley etched across the nosepiece. Metal Frames The ear cups are full rubber. Highest Quality Oakley sunglasses No Marks, No Scratches. They are Brand New:

Sounds Good, All the above would be on the originals,
But what I recived, no embedded O's & no etched logo, No metal at all, Total plastic crap!!! Well mad

If ebay or paypal don't sort it then it's best to give a visit,
So far he has been banned, But after reading in there forum, they just re sign up with a new account,, how fucked up is that.
Ebay is rife with fake goods & their not doing a thing to stop it, Some of theese glasses are going for £100 + What is going on with Ebay!!!

Rip The Jacker
07-17-2005, 10:14 PM
In your Ebay go to items won then click the drop down menu next to the item you won and click report to Ebay.

Has he replied yet?
I can't use that report feature yet, it says I have to wait at least 10 days, and today is day 9. I might try that tomorrow. I emailed eBay customer service reporting the guy, and they said they'll "investigate" it. The guy also hasn't replied yet.

@Celebs
That sucks, I know how you feel. :( How much did you pay for them?

I'm thinking about buying the game from Gamestop used, walking out of the store, swapping them and going back in asking for a refund saying I got a bootleg. What are the chances of it working? :unsure:

Tikibonbon
07-17-2005, 11:58 PM
I'm thinking about buying the game from Gamestop used, walking out of the store, swapping them and going back in asking for a refund saying I got a bootleg. What are the chances of it working? :unsure:

2 wrongs don't make a right.

Rip The Jacker
07-18-2005, 12:00 AM

Yeah I know, but what else am I supposed to do? Either I get cheated, or GameStop gets cheated, I'd rather have it be GameStop than me.

Tikibonbon
07-18-2005, 12:06 AM
Yeah I know, but what else am I supposed to do? Either I get cheated, or GameStop gets cheated, I'd rather have it be GameStop than me.

I dig what you're saying. But you have ways of getting your money back. So to get your money back and pull one on Gamestop, you would be no better than the original seller.

File with Paypal if you used them.
If paid with a money order, file a fraud case. (Federal charge using postal service)
If paid with a credit card, contest the charge as it is total misrepresentation in his discription.

May want to go as far as reporting him/her to Nintendo for pirating. (just don't tell them of your habits :lol: )

lynx
07-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Since you've now spoken to Ebat customer service, they (or someone) may want to see the evidence. That's going to be a little tricky if you swap it at GameStop. And suppose GameStop don't fall for it, they may just decide to take action against you.

Rip The Jacker
07-18-2005, 01:48 AM
I dig what you're saying. But you have ways of getting your money back. So to get your money back and pull one on Gamestop, you would be no better than the original seller.

If paid with a money order, file a fraud case. (Federal charge using postal service)
If paid with a credit card, contest the charge as it is total misrepresentation in his discription.

May want to go as far as reporting him/her to Nintendo for pirating. (just don't tell them of your habits :lol: )
I don't want my money back because in the description he said he'd refund the money for the game, but not the shipping. The game was $6, the shipping was $8. The shipping was more than the game. :frusty: Plus I can't get a refund, he isn't returning my emails. :angry:

I can't file with paypal, because I used my friend's eBay/PayPal account (I don't have one) and it's too much of a hassle for him. I used his account to buy it, and then I paid him in cash.

Report him to Nintendo? Eh, too much of a hassle also, I don't even know where the guy is, somewhere in Hong Kong. :(

@lynx
Damn, your right. There could be severe consequences if I get caught.

Shit, oh well. Guess I just lost $14 on a defective game... :frusty:

lynx
07-18-2005, 02:26 AM
I notice he had the cheek to leave a positive feedback on the account. :rolleyes:

Mind you, I notice he left the same feedback on all the accounts.

But you might like to look at this account:
http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=hkallinone

Leaves exactly the same feedback too.
Multiple accounts without declaring the link - definitely against Ebay rules.

Rip The Jacker
07-18-2005, 02:46 AM
Yeah he left my friend good feedback on his account after he paid for it. :P

Yeah I know what you mean. There are a bunch of eBay members from Hong Kong, all giving out the same feedback, and most of them have negative feedback from people saying the games are bootleg.

I've found about 3-4 members from Hong Kong who are giving out bootlegs, yet most of the feedback is positive. Either people are stupid, or they just don't care if it's bootleg, as long as it works for them.

This is what the REAL cartridge looks like:
http://img328.imageshack.us/img328/2790/b2073c90910je.jpg

Thats not what the cartridge I got looks like, its a shitty home made label with Mario on it and Luigi in the backround. It's very different, I'd post it but I dont have a digicam.

Why doesn't eBay notice this these things?

lynx
07-18-2005, 03:28 AM
If they always gave the same feedback but different from other members I could understand it. But giving exactly the same feedback as another member, for the same class of goods, the likelihood of that is virtually nil unless they are the same person or have some sort of cartel running.

I think you should inform Ebay's customer services about this, it is far more likely to get their attention as it smells more like organised fraud.

muchspl3
07-18-2005, 03:36 AM
First, let me start off by saying this.... SHIT!

There, now that I've gotten that out, let me go on...

Like a week ago, I bought something off eBay. I won Super Mario Advance 4 for my Gameboy Advance SP in an auction. Now, knowing this was eBay, I was sure to pay attention to the user's feedback. Up until now, he has 100% feedback, nothing negative. He's also sold GBA SP games only, up until right now.

So I bought Super Mario Advance 4 for $14 (with shipping), which was good, the game costs $24 used. So I'm happy, I got it for $14, and I waited one week. Today the game arrives. And guess what? I open the package to find a bootleg copy of the damn game!!!

The label on the cartridge is literally home-made! It's like a sticker with a stretched image on it, it looks like it was obviously made with some label-making program at home! The stupid thing came off easily!

When I turn on the game, I get the following message:

Reading...
Saved data corrupted.
Game OK.
File 1 OK.
Blah blah blah OK OK OK.
It looks to me like he got a flash rom cartridge (empty GBA cartridge), and put the Super Mario rom on it. I normally wouldn't have a problem with it being bootleg and stuff, but the game is messed up. I ran into a ton of problems trying to save my game. This sucks, half the time I save my game, it disappears after it turn my GBA off and back on. :(

How the hell did he sell 20 something bootleg games to eBay users and no one noticed??? Everytime I buy something online, something goes horribly wrong! :angry: :angry: :angry: :(
http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/728/ownedcatkid6vh.gif

brotherdoobie
07-18-2005, 03:47 AM

I don't want my money back because in the description he said he'd refund the money for the game, but not the shipping. The game was $6, the shipping was $8. The shipping was more than the game. :frusty: Plus I can't get a refund, he isn't returning my emails. :angry:

I can't file with paypal, because I used my friend's eBay/PayPal account (I don't have one) and it's too much of a hassle for him. I used his account to buy it, and then I paid him in cash.

Report him to Nintendo? Eh, too much of a hassle also, I don't even know where the guy is, somewhere in Hong Kong. :(

@lynx
Damn, your right. There could be severe consequences if I get caught.

Shit, oh well. Guess I just lost $14 on a defective game... :frusty:

You might as well chalk it up as a loss kid. A lesson learned,and besides
think of all the programs,you haven't paid a dime for. You prolly,got a copy of Photoshop Creative Suite 2...or something like it,lying around on your hard drive.;) What would that cost you,twelve hundred dollars or so?
Not bad 'eh?

Peace bd

Celerystalksme
07-18-2005, 12:34 PM
I hope i dont get ripped off with all the sega saturn gear im getting...i haven't used my saturn in ages...but couldn't pass up the chance to get virtua cop 1 & 2 and the laser gun...plus command & conquer...

sArA
07-18-2005, 03:18 PM
Sorry bout your trouble RTJ......I have been pretty lucky with Ebay so far :crossedfingers:

@Celerystalksme...hi there, nice to see you still popping in from time to time :)

Barbarossa
07-18-2005, 03:51 PM
I am always incredibly suspicious of anything on EBay from Hong kong. Especially when it's clearly mass-sellers, and not individuals.

I bought a bluetooth dongle from a HK seller, and although I am very happy with it, the seller made me pay a postal insurance which I didn't want to pay, which pissed me off somewhat.

These people are wrecking EBay IMO. :angry:

manker
07-18-2005, 07:06 PM
I bought a bluetooth dongle from a HK sellerBloody hell, matey. Next you'll be telling us it was multi-speed.

This is a family forum :cool2:

Peerzy
07-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Just don't do anything with the cart/ After the 10th day you use the Ebay feature which then is linked to his Paypal account. He can either give you a full refund or leave a statement. If he does niether after another 10 days they freeze his paypal and ebay account automatically untill he pays you back (Shipping and all)

If he leaves a statement Ebay and Paypal read up on both. Im sure if you give them a piccy of the crappy cart they'll side with you and you get a full refund. After a while he'll just end up paying up cause you can't create a new paypal account and use the same credit card. Meaning he would have to change banks just to be able to setup direct debit on the new paypal account. Hardly worth the few dollars the cart cost.

3 Rights make a left though :naughty:

I've also brought some dodgy HK shyte. Mine was teh new Chelski shirt tho. Got my full money back and got to keep the fake shirt (Which was perfect except it didn't have the little silvery authenticatiy on the bottom of the shirt)

Just stick with the system, he'll end up refunding you the full price (including shipping paypal gives him the choice to refund the whole ammount or nothing and his account stays froozen.) and you'll get to keep what he sent you.

Most of the time the buyer is in a better position than the seller. If they don't send it recorded (signed for) delivery and have over charged you, skanked you in anyway claim it never arrived. You either get a second one or your money back.

Rip The Jacker
07-21-2005, 10:54 PM
His feedback just gets better and better. :frusty:

Take a look at two real GBA games I already own:

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/7978/real6im.jpg

And the game he sent:

http://img240.imageshack.us/img240/4388/fake7zm.jpg

See the difference? :frusty:

@Peerzy
I'm going to use the open a dispute ebay feature today... see what happens...

Snee
07-22-2005, 11:23 AM
I had a look at a japanese cartridge I had at home, and while it did have the model number your cartridges have in the lower right corner (it's in the upper right corner on that tho'), it doesn't have the golden nintendo thing and that. And I'm still pretty sure it isn't fake.

Japanese and other asian cartridges look a bit different in my experience (have seen it before on old gameboy cartridges), but there should a model number. And maybe a two-digit number etched somewhere on the label.

Is the label glossy or not? And also, just out of interest, does it still say nintendo on the back?

http://www.planetgamecube.com/media/gen234.JPG
(Not the one I have)

The text in the upper left corner is probably the same on all japanese cartridges, the nintendo text on the bottom isn't always there (it's there to say who made the game I think, mario is obviously made by nintendo). And, if you look closely to the right there's an "11" etched into the label next to the logo (mine, a wrestling game, has a "41" etched into the label).

Can't find an original chinese one, but I'm betting it still should have the number etched into the label if it's real, and some kind of logo, like the japanese ones have on the upper left, and it should def have some kind of model number.

^Might come in handy if you have to prove it's fake.

GepperRankins
07-22-2005, 11:35 AM
that cart picture looks like a photo or scan o half the box

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/3797/mariofake8tc.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

see. not a pretty face :snooty:

manker
07-22-2005, 11:42 AM
I bought a really rare film from EBay last week for a friend. I couldn't download it anywhere and she really wanted it.

So I bought it off a dodgy HK seller. It was only $8 and $5 p&p so I thought fuck it.

It arrived yesterday and altho' obviously bootleg - it worked perfectly :P

Snee
07-22-2005, 11:49 AM
Also, RE: HK sellers, they might not be flashing games or copying movies themselves, 'cos you can get fakes everywhere, there.

Heck, they might even be daft enough to not know they are selling fakes (tho' I doubt that).

Illuminati
07-22-2005, 12:36 PM
See the difference? :frusty:

Get a few shots of the ROM cart loading up as well.

eBay could say something about the label (I'm not sure on how eBay react because all my dealings have been fine), but if they see what shows up when loaded it can provide a lot more weight on the fact that it's a bootleg.

Rip The Jacker
07-23-2005, 02:25 AM
I had a look at a japanese cartridge I had at home, and while it did have the model number your cartridges have in the lower right corner (it's in the upper right corner on that tho'), it doesn't have the golden nintendo thing and that. And I'm still pretty sure it isn't fake.

Japanese and other asian cartridges look a bit different in my experience (have seen it before on old gameboy cartridges), but there should a model number. And maybe a two-digit number etched somewhere on the label.

Is the label glossy or not? And also, just out of interest, does it still say nintendo on the back?

The text in the upper left corner is probably the same on all japanese cartridges, the nintendo text on the bottom isn't always there (it's there to say who made the game I think, mario is obviously made by nintendo). And, if you look closely to the right there's an "11" etched into the label next to the logo (mine, a wrestling game, has a "41" etched into the label).

Can't find an original chinese one, but I'm betting it still should have the number etched into the label if it's real, and some kind of logo, like the japanese ones have on the upper left, and it should def have some kind of model number.

^Might come in handy if you have to prove it's fake.
Eh. The game he sent me doesn't have the model number, rating, or any Nintendo logos. It doesn't have any etched numbers on it either. The guy took the game's box art, cropped it, and made the sticker at home. It does say Nintendo on the back of the cartridge though.

that cart picture looks like a photo or scan o half the box

http://img347.imageshack.us/img347/3797/mariofake8tc.jpg (http://www.imageshack.us)

see. not a pretty face :snooty:
That's exactly what I noticed, stupid, cheap, home-made, cut off label. :frusty:

@manker
Bootleg DVD's too? Damn HK sellers!

@SnnY
I'm pretty sure he knows he is selling bootlegs, I sent him a message saying it was bootleg, to see what he'd say. Guess what? He won't respond to my emails.

@Illuminati
Yeah the bootleg game has a hacked message when you turn it on, but I have no way of taking the pictures. I don't have a digital camera, I used my scanner for the GBA cartridge pics. :(

Snee
07-23-2005, 10:18 AM
The point tho' was that it doesn't have to have all of those things, but that it should have some (think I said which), and knowing that should help you if you have to prove it's fake.

And I wondered if the plastic part was an exact copy of nintendo's own cartridges, IE if the mould still had the word nintendo on the back :unsure:

Good luck, anyhow.

Peerzy
07-23-2005, 11:59 AM
I bought a really rare film from EBay last week for a friend. I couldn't download it anywhere and she really wanted it.

So I bought it off a dodgy HK seller. It was only $8 and $5 p&p so I thought fuck it.

It arrived yesterday and altho' obviously bootleg - it worked perfectly :P

Complain anyway, they give you a full refund cause they don't wanna get butt fucked by ebay and you get to keep your movie :01:

@RTJ - Did you contact ebay and open a claim up?

Rip The Jacker
07-23-2005, 09:40 PM
The point tho' was that it doesn't have to have all of those things, but that it should have some (think I said which), and knowing that should help you if you have to prove it's fake.

And I wondered if the plastic part was an exact copy of nintendo's own cartridges, IE if the mould still had the word nintendo on the back :unsure:

Good luck, anyhow.
The cartridges are very similar, with a few slight differences. But yeah, the bootleg cartridge he sent me does have the Nintendo logo on the back. Underneith it is written: "Model No. AGB-002. Pat. Pend. Made in Japan" The same thing as the real cartridges. :unsure:

@Peerzy
When I try to open a dispute by clicking "item not recieved or different," it tells me to file a claim thru paypal, then it takes me to the paypal website. The paypal account used was my friends, I used his eBay account to buy the game.

I think I'm going to just forget about it. This is becoming more trouble then it's worth. Shit happens I guess, now I know not to buy from HK sellers anymore. The game does work, just a few save game problems...

Peerzy
07-23-2005, 09:51 PM
No, thats normal you have to file a complaint through Paypal to get your money back.

Just go round his house login and file the complain and ask him to check up every few days. After making a complaint you don't have to do anything and you're almost certain to get you money back (Including postage cost) back and get to keep the crappy game.

Rip The Jacker
07-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Chances are I'll get a refund, and I'll get to keep the crappy game? Hmmm... I'm going to ask my friend about this...

Rip The Jacker
07-23-2005, 10:03 PM
Hmmm.... HKstandard is no longer a registered user. Think eBay nailed his ass after I reported him? :unsure:

Peerzy
07-23-2005, 10:04 PM
95% Chance you'll get a full refund.

When you file a complaint the person is given three options.

-Argue (At which point they leave a statement and Paypal check out your statement and theres and decide who wins {Read: You})
-Full Refund
-I have already sent a full refund (If they select thyis they have to give the paypal payment number of the refund, which they won't be able to do unless they have infact given you a full refund)

It takes like 5 minutes to file the complaint as well.

Even if there not a registered user they are still a user a paypal user which means you can still get your money back.

Rip The Jacker
07-23-2005, 10:27 PM
Alright. I have filed a complaint. Now we wait...

There isn't any chance of PayPal freezing my friends account, right? :unsure:

He'll kill me....

Peerzy
07-23-2005, 10:31 PM
No chance.

Rip The Jacker
07-23-2005, 10:33 PM
Alright cool, I hope I didn't forget anything while writing out the report.

Thanks for your help so far Peerzy. :)

Peerzy
07-24-2005, 12:39 AM
So when do i get my 25% fee :unsure:

Snee
07-24-2005, 10:41 AM
Chances are I'll get a refund, and I'll get to keep the crappy game? Hmmm... I'm going to ask my friend about this...
Hey, maybe you can flash it again, if it's one of them flash cartridges you can get in some places. Funny it looks like a regular cartridge tho', I wonder where you get those fakes :unsure:

Rip The Jacker
07-24-2005, 06:33 PM
Hey, maybe you can flash it again, if it's one of them flash cartridges you can get in some places. Funny it looks like a regular cartridge tho', I wonder where you get those fakes :unsure:
Yeah I was wondering about that. At first I thought it was a Flash Rom Cartridge, but they usually look much different. Also, Flash Rom Cartridges cost a lot more than the actual games, so no one would buy one, put Mario on it, then sell it for much less. Maybe it's some kind of cheaper cartridge that can be flashed once? :unsure:

@Peerzy
Uh... PM me your address, if I get my refund I'll send you a check. :shifty: :P

Rip The Jacker
07-24-2005, 06:46 PM
Ah son of a bitch!

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/6252/dammit2dy.jpg

I can't believe I didn't notice it at first! :frusty:

Snee
07-24-2005, 07:20 PM
:lol:

Sneaky people in Hong Kong.

Rip The Jacker
07-24-2005, 07:42 PM
It could have been worse, from http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1724 :

So recently I picked up Castlevania: Harmony of Dissonance from a seller in New York called stylesandgames. It arrived today in the mail, and just to be sure I check the back and saw the dreaded NINTONDO on the cart.
Nintondo :lol:

At least my seller was sneaky about it, I couldn't tell the difference at first. :P

Rip The Jacker
08-01-2005, 02:45 AM
I win! :D :01:

http://img235.imageshack.us/img235/807/yay4xe.jpg

He didn't say anything about returning the bootleg game either, so I also got a bootleg game for free. :P

I was going to let it slide, I didn't think I'd actually get a refund. Thanks Peerzy. :)

muchspl3
08-01-2005, 02:56 AM
tell ebay you got a refund, he is not a scammer, just dishonest

Rip The Jacker
08-01-2005, 03:07 AM
Actually, he is no longer a registered user at eBay...

muchspl3
08-01-2005, 03:11 AM
Actually, he is no longer a registered user at eBay...
yes
because of complaints that he was a sammer, let them know he returned your money

Rip The Jacker
08-01-2005, 03:26 AM
But I don't get it. He sells defective bootleg games, isn't it better now that he lost his account? He returned my money yeah, but that doesn't mean what he did was right. :unsure:

muchspl3
08-01-2005, 03:28 AM
But I don't get it. He sells defective bootleg games, isn't it better now that he lost his account? He returned my money yeah, but that doesn't mean what he did was right. :unsure:
I don't know man, you didn;t get ripped off, in fact you have your money and a game, shouldn't you tell ebay that he refunded your money
I would....

Rip The Jacker
08-01-2005, 03:35 AM
But think about it. I ordered the game on the 7th, and got the refund on the 30th. I mean, yeah it's cool I got a half-assed game for free, but if I had known the game was going to be bootleg, I would have saved myself a month worth of trouble.

Not only is it illegal, but it just sucks.... to order a game, wait a friggin week only to find out it's fake, then have to file a complaint thru PayPal. I'd rather not have it happen to other people.

Also, I have a bad feeling this guy has more than one account. Look at the feedback he leaves for the buyers, I've found a bunch of other eBayers from Hong Kong who sell bootlegs, and leave people the same exact feedback. It looks like organized fraud to me... see lynx's post earlier in this thread...