PDA

View Full Version : LOOKING for Star Trek: TNG Best of. For $$

slim150
07-16-2005, 07:24 PM
Anyone in the states notice that Spike TV has on late friday nights the best of Star Trek: The Next Generation? I really enjoy it and I was going to buy the entire TV series until I noticed it cost mmm 600ish dollars.

Also, to download them off bittorrent is kinda out of the question because of the size.

So I was wondering, if anyone out there is a great fan of the series who already has them all can build a list of these best episodes on Spike TV and well.. you know ;).

I am willing to pay via PayPal as well. PM me or post etc..

davec8
07-16-2005, 09:04 PM
to download them off bittorrent is kinda out of the question because of the size.
I guess you don't have the patience. I'm in the process of getting the Voyager series. I'm done copying the first 3 seasons and just finished DL'ing the 4th season. It takes a lot of time(each season is just under 9 GB) but it's worth it in the end.

So I was wondering, if anyone out there is a great fan of the series who already has them all can build a list of these best episodes on Spike TV and well.. you know ;).
What the best episodes are is a matter of opinion. If I listed all my favourite episodes of TNG, you probably won't agree with some of them. You need to decide yourself.

As far as finding single episodes, I don't think bittorrent is the best choice. It's better for full seasons. I haven't looked myself but perhaps you'd have better luck with the edonkey network or Ares or DL the full season on BT then delete the ones you don't like.

{I}{K}{E}
07-16-2005, 09:52 PM
Asking money for 'backups' is wrong.

Why not rent the DVDs and copy them?

slim150
07-16-2005, 10:17 PM
I guess you don't have the patience. I'm in the process of getting the Voyager series. I'm done copying the first 3 seasons and just finished DL'ing the 4th season. It takes a lot of time(each season is just under 9 GB) but it's worth it in the end.

What the best episodes are is a matter of opinion. If I listed all my favourite episodes of TNG, you probably won't agree with some of them. You need to decide yourself.

As far as finding single episodes, I don't think bittorrent is the best choice. It's better for full seasons. I haven't looked myself but perhaps you'd have better luck with the edonkey network or Ares or DL the full season on BT then delete the ones you don't like.

yah i guess you are right. sigh

Busyman
07-16-2005, 11:49 PM

Exactly. I have almost the entire series from DVD copies.

Work smarter not harder slim.

slim150
07-17-2005, 01:29 AM

Exactly. I have almost the entire series from DVD copies.

Work smarter not harder slim.

brilliant