PDA

View Full Version : Any Gamecube Owners?

lewiso1
04-11-2003, 10:59 AM
This might be a little shallow minded, and maybe I need to do more research here but it seems like no one here has a GC. Is that true?

EDIT: Crud I haven't read the Newbies topic yet, I will do that now

Yomanda_66
04-11-2003, 02:15 PM
Yes I have a Gamecube with a very nice game called Metroid Prime!!!!!

mYst
04-11-2003, 03:20 PM
No offence intended- but doesn't most of gamecubes game seem a little childish. I mean, yea, there is resident evil, which is everything BUT childish, but that's one game. It's ok for little kids, and maybe ur 10 yrs old, but Im not sure that the rest of the board is, and that's why they don't have gamecubes. This is just my opinion , but I dont like gamecube at all. The controller is too small, the graphics arent all that great, the games are childish, and it doesn't support dvd's without attachments. Then again, neither does xbox, but you get my point? :D

Lyon
04-11-2003, 03:29 PM
Well since you put it nicely I wont go nuts :)
Its not childish, at all really. It gets just about the same 3rd party support as the others do, with top notch games such as Metroid Prime, Zelda ect. Anyone can have a opinion granted, but saying GC is "childish" isnt valid if you ask me. Nintendo do cover both younge and old age ranges, which is a good financial idea. GC rocks

mYst
04-11-2003, 03:36 PM
Metroid Prime is a great game, obviously, so I can't really say anything about it, but have you seen the new zelda? They made him a cartoon! His head is 5 times the size of his body! Everything else looks the same way, and if you ask me, thats childish. I'm not THAT well educated about GC games, so what exactly are the other "unchildish" games? (I'm trying to keep it nice so someone wont jump all over me for putting down GC) :)

Yomanda_66
04-11-2003, 03:37 PM
The Gamecube is for GAMES it is not trying to be a DVD player the X-Box does that (and plays games) quite nicely. I think if you saw and Played Metroid Prime then you may change your obviously uneducated mind. By the way I am also a LOT older than 10!

mYst
04-11-2003, 03:49 PM
Again, metroid prime, I've already named that one. Metroid Prime is only one game. Xbox isn't JUST defined by ONE huge hit like halo. It has others such as DOA3, Morrowind, Unreal Championship, DOA Xteme Beach Volleyball, and others like these. The same for playstation.

Lyon
04-11-2003, 07:01 PM
OK so you want a list of adult type games?

Off the top of my head

Metroid
Eternal Darkness
Resident evil(s)
Project Number 03
Enter the Matrix
Hunter
Ikaruga
MoH
Ghost Recon
Cant remeber the name, a exclusive voleyball ball game

And all the 3rd party games, also I know that you havnt played Zelda. You wouldnt care about the graphics. You see Nintendo have the balls to try somthing new and pull it off, Wind Waker is one of the best games EVER. Honestly I never thought I would say that again since the snes but there you go.

imported_The__One
04-11-2003, 09:27 PM
Then how come the PS2 and XBox are selling a lot more then the gamecube??

I had an Xbox (sold it an bought a new PC), and i thought it was way better then the GC, mainly because of it's versatillity, and because the grafix are nicer :D

note: I'm only talking about consoles here, 'cause I think the PC kicks any consoles ass :P

Lyon
04-11-2003, 09:38 PM
Whos gives a shit about sales (incidently the GC shot to number 1 over here in the UK with the release of Metroid and Nintendo wins hands down with the GBA) ive had all to many arguments about this to bother. But if you are going to talk about sales explain to me this, how does the Ps2 sell so well when we all know its the most outdated console out there? Nobody cares that it has the raw power of a rock, its all hype. If you like the GC buy it, so so simple.

lewiso1
04-11-2003, 11:02 PM
Well, it seems here like some people need a bit of light on the Gamecube. I now make this my mission to spread the word that it doesnt' suck, its doing well and it has a good share of games, just like any other console

imported_The__One
04-11-2003, 11:44 PM
... how does the Ps2 sell so well when we all know its the most outdated console out there?

...'cause it's still good :blink: :blink:

and have U compared the games on the PS2 to the games on the gamecube??

The grafix on the PS2 are just as good, if not better than the GC, and the ammount of games for the PS2 is undeniably larger then for the GC (and I&#39;m talking about good games). However I&#39;m not saying that the GC sucks, I&#39;m know it has good grafix, and it probably has great games (none that I&#39;ve played tho <_< ), I just think that the PS2 and XBox are simply better, wich dosen&#39;t make the GC bad, just not as good :D

Jibbler
04-12-2003, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by The__One@11 April 2003 - 16:27
Not true. PS2 has sold more, but it was released 18 months before GC/Xbox. Also, since the system is backwards compatible, this means there is already a huge user base. In fact, in Europe and Australia, the PS2 is #1 in sales, GC is #2, and the Xbox is #3.

Besides who cares if my GC plays DVDs? Or my PS2? Or my Xbox? This is a marketing gimmick, and it is only an advantage for those people who don&#39;t already own a DVD player. I have 3, 1 progressive scan, 2 regular.

I know the average of people on this forum is probably young, so alot of you may not have the money to purchase more than one system. The truth is, there are great games on each system, and each is worthy of purchase. I make enough money and I own all three, and you should too. ;) B)

Spindulik
04-12-2003, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by The__One@11 April 2003 - 22:27
3 answers for you:

-Game Cube software is geared towards smaller kids.

-You can copy XBOX and PS2 games.

-I don&#39;t believe there is a way to copy Game Cube games.

mYst
04-12-2003, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@12 April 2003 - 04:11

That&#39;s all I was saying from the moment I said anything in this thread. There may be a few adult type games out there, but there are alot of them that aren&#39;t. Sure Xbox has a few games that look the same way, but not as many. People have different opinions about which system is better, but it really depends on what U like.

Lyon, I have played Wind waker, not my type of game, sorry.

mYst
04-12-2003, 03:13 PM
Originally posted by Spindulik@12 April 2003 - 04:11

That&#39;s all I was saying from the moment I said anything in this thread. There may be a few adult type games out there, but there are alot of them that aren&#39;t. Sure Xbox has a few games that look the same way, but not as many. People have different opinions about which system is better, but it really depends on what U like.

Lyon, I have played Wind waker, not my type of game, sorry.

"The Avatar Man"
04-12-2003, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by Lyon@11 April 2003 - 20:01

1Metroid
2Eternal Darkness
3Resident evil(s)
4Project Number 03
5Enter the Matrix
6Hunter
7Ikaruga
8MoH
9Ghost Recon
10Cant remeber the name, a exclusive voleyball ball game

1great game
2arguable-the other systems have similar games that could be argued to be better
3great but not really exclusive any more
4dont know
5the other systems have it too
6dont know
7again NOT exclusive
8ditto
9ditto
10yeah that sega one right?it&#39;s pretty good.

the problem with the gamecube is that there is very little there outside of the KICKASS nintendo properties,wich could be more than enough for some,but not for me <_<

summond_skull
04-23-2003, 05:16 PM
i do 18 games the best is super smash bros melee it rock gamecube will win .

nintendo will never die :P

Duo
04-23-2003, 05:20 PM
I agree with you guys on it&#39;s geared more toward kids. If they came out with more RPG&#39;s, I&#39;d be happy :D

Windwaker was oddly too easy. There were some confusing parts but overall, too easy. Especially Ganondorf. Getting to him was harder than actually killing him.

That&#39;s my 2 cents.

Bass
04-24-2003, 02:43 AM
I havn`t seen the game cube,so wouldn`t like to comment on it, but I have had SEVEN...... YES...... SEVEN PS2`s, because they kept knackering. Thats in 1 year, and finally they agreed to send me a brand new 1. That has only been repaired once&#33; I`m tellin` ya,Sony`s customer care totally sucks, and the PS2 is a shit fuckin product built with sub-standard components, masked by Sony`s previously good reputation, and if anything goes wrong with it i`ll fix it me self.

PS2.........FUCKIN` CRAP&#33;

cheers,
Bass.
<_<

Xelotath
04-24-2003, 06:22 AM
wow, I am impressed about how civil this thread as been. no Fanboy bashing, flaming, or anyhting&#33; I am a proud owner of a GC and i have to say it is great. I am sure the Ps2 and X-box are great too, but I have always liked nintendo. some say the GC is geared for younger people. but its not ture. the GC is greared towards EVERYONE from a 5 year old to a 30 year old. and its hard to deny that Nintendo is one of (if not the ) best game developers around. Thats what i liek about them They can support themselves with their own talent. where ther other two need 2nd, and 3rd parties to keep their systems alive. but most peopel buy Nintendo consoles just for their games.

Blue_Seraphim
04-24-2003, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by Bass@23 April 2003 - 21:43
I havn`t seen the game cube,so wouldn`t like to comment on it, but I have had SEVEN...... YES...... SEVEN PS2`s, because they kept knackering. Thats in 1 year, and finally they agreed to send me a brand new 1. That has only been repaired once&#33; I`m tellin` ya,Sony`s customer care totally sucks, and the PS2 is a shit fuckin product built with sub-standard components, masked by Sony`s previously good reputation, and if anything goes wrong with it i`ll fix it me self.

PS2.........FUCKIN` CRAP&#33;

cheers,
Bass.
<_<
Let me give you some advice. buy your stuff at wallmart and keep the receipt. You can take it back for a brand new one everytime. Screw Ps2 customer support. let wallmart deal with them. Been through 3 ps2 consoles myself. My friends have been through a few too lol.

Pitbul
04-24-2003, 07:35 AM
HAHAHA u guys suck nuts. HAHAHAHA u guys have had to go thur PS2 i bought a PS2 when it first came out and i yet to have a problem. PS2 kicked ass thur the console wars. when the PS3 drops history will repeat itself

Davin Kellion
05-19-2003, 01:43 AM
Honestly, the only reason that PS2 and Xbox do better than the GC is because of marketing. It&#39;s all a numbers game. PS2 had the support of the PS one behind it. It was the first main stream console that used CD support. (the Sega I forget the name of it, was first...but didn&#39;t have the advertisment support to make it big)...that is why more game companies signed on with PS. It&#39;s cheaper to make a CD game than a Cartridge (N64) game. So with that PS had more support. Xbox has Satansoft backing them...so in conclusion....GC makes games to be fun. Xbox makes cutting edge games....and PS2 gets the most support from the gaming companies.

Game Cube may not have as many games....or the most advanced games...but they do have the best ratio of good games to crap ones.

:D But that&#39;s just my opinion :D

v_Virus_v
05-19-2003, 01:48 AM
I think gamecube is for younger peeps but :"> i have one i only got it to play one game Resident evil. All the rest of the games are little pink shits thats run around getting stars and stuff. I got a ps2 to play resident evil cv then the poos put a realy good game for 15+ peeps on a gamcube for 5+ peeps i was mad at the time but nm now