PDA

View Full Version : Is it possible...???

threelions00
07-17-2005, 02:26 AM
...to play ps2 or x-box on pc? if so, what do i need to do? on a scale of 1 to 10, how difficult is it?

cheers, 3lions

Rick Phlegm
07-17-2005, 03:06 AM
No.

Even if you did manage to find an emulator somewhere (no reliable ones exist that I know of) they would run so slowly they would be unplayable.

You can always buy a TV card and hook your console up to it in case you want to record videos of your gameplay or something. Other than that, you're stuffed.

threelions00
07-17-2005, 03:16 AM
OK cheers Rick, think i'll just stick with pc games then

MCHeshPants420
07-17-2005, 09:30 AM
Check out The Emulator Zone (http://www.emulator-zone.com/) for links to emulators.

The answer is still no, but you can see that people are working on it.

threelions00
07-17-2005, 10:24 AM
Check out The Emulator Zone (http://www.emulator-zone.com/) for links to emulators.

The answer is still no, but you can see that people are working on it.

Cheers mesh, just taking a click there now

threelions00
07-17-2005, 10:30 AM
So mesh...could you take a little bit of time to explain the workings of these emulators please.

Do they come with games or do i need to separately download these etc...thanks for your help

3lions

MCHeshPants420
07-17-2005, 10:39 AM
So mesh...could you take a little bit of time to explain the workings of these emulators please.

Do they come with games or do i need to separately download these etc...thanks for your help

3lions

I'm no expert on the emulators though I have used the Playstation* and Megadrive ones. They don't come with games on them as such but ROMS (think disk image) of games are available all over the 'net and sites like Torrentspy.

Theoretically if the Playstation 2 emulators worked you could download a disk image and run that to play a game. Or if you had a disk you could play from that.

But at the moment emulation is only useful for playing quite old games for Playstation, SNES, Megadrive, etc. Still great in my opinion as Megadrive games pwn all but maybe not what you're looking for.

*For the Playstation (the first one) you'll also need the BIOS file, so you're best off downloading an emulator from Torrentspy or Pirate Bay as they will include these files.

threelions00
07-17-2005, 10:41 AM
Cheers mesh...the good old megadrive...that ruled beyond extremes...well...nearly but i prefered it to the snes

Peerzy
07-17-2005, 11:32 AM
Basically in a few years yes, but right now Pc's arn't powerfull enough.

threelions00
07-17-2005, 12:10 PM
is there any reason why they couldn't build in the bits needed? if x-box is microsoft, surely they may think of doing it.

Or maybe, money would be less and too many conflicts...give it time

Peerzy
07-17-2005, 12:54 PM
is there any reason why they couldn't build in the bits needed? if x-box is microsoft, surely they may think of doing it.

What teh fook are you talking about :blink:

threelions00
07-17-2005, 02:27 PM
like talking to a wall...

do you think that they will (you with me so far?) ever produce multi format machine such as a comibination of pc and x-box etc...

Peerzy
07-17-2005, 02:38 PM
like talking to a wall...

do you think that they will (you will me so far?) ever produce multi format machine such as a comibination of pc and x-box etc...

There moving more and more towards that. Xbox 360 being able to connect with other devices such as MP3 players and such.

By the way it doesn't matter if your talking to a wall or a forum you have to make your sentances make sense for either to understand you.

sArA
07-17-2005, 02:39 PM
Its something to do with the fact that games consoles use all their power to the graphics and a PC does so many other at the same time. This means, as I understand it, that PCs will be able to run x-box emulators and stuff once they are a hell of a lot more powerful...or somat.

I am sure that Peerzy will put me straight on the innaccuracies :happy:

threelions00
07-17-2005, 02:40 PM
Spelling is also vital e.g. sentences

Peerzy
07-17-2005, 02:47 PM

Build what bits in?

MS thinking of doing what?

What would make too many conflicts?

Give what time?

Your post gives little to no indication as to what the fook your talking about.

How about punctuation?

Or maybe, money would be less and too many conflicts...give it time.

My point being at least people can understand and respond to my posts and they make sense.

Its something to do with the fact that games consoles use all their power to the graphics and a PC does so many other at the same time. This means, as I understand it, that PCs will be able to run x-box emulators and stuff once they are a hell of a lot more powerful...or somat.

I am sure that Peerzy will put me straight on the innaccuracies

Its to do with the fact that an emulator must emulate everything from making the machine make the blinky power button lights (Even though nothing blinks on an emulator. The PC is emualting everything the console does so it has to be running Windows, all of your anti virus, and whatever else in the background then also think of everything the Xbox would do. So even though your loading a game from your computer the emulator says right send this piece of infomation through to the XBOX CPU (Which is a specially designed one) so the emulator is emulating hardware as well as software and whatever else is running on your pc at the same time.

threelions00
07-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Well peerzy, quite an effort. would still only make about level 4a in year 6 SATs

keep trying, you'll get there.

also if my post do not make sense, how did you comeup with an answer?

contradicting yourself there

Peerzy
07-17-2005, 03:05 PM
Well peerzy, quite an effort. would still only make about level 4a in year 6 SATs

I was trying to answer your question best i could and your trying to flame me :blink:

All of your posts do make sense apart from the one i've quoted.

Lets have a read again;

I said;

Basically in a few years yes, but right now Pc's arn't powerfull enough.

Okay so we're all see i've posted that yes. Then you reply with;

Is there any reason what bits? I checked this thread and have found no mention to any bits before and it's not clear what you mean by "bits"?

Well as far as i know a games console cannot also be a company, however Xbox is made by Microsoft.

Thinking of doing what? Building these "bits"? :blink:

What money would be less? Where has the money come from? The money gained from what?

What would cause to many conflicts? These "bits" again :blink: ?

Give what time? The "bits" to build themselfs? The money to be lost?

Thus explaing why your post didn't make sense. :D

I think that deserves at least a 5 :01:

I could not come up with an answer untill i had posted;

What teh fook are you talking about :blink:

and you had reworded and re-written your post so it was understandable. At which point I answered your question.

Infact fuck that i want a 6 :01:

threelions00
07-17-2005, 03:16 PM
ok...after a re-read, you can have a 5b...you got "you're" and "explaining" wrong.

By bits i meant whatever other hardware was needed, by conflict, i meant different drivers etc, would they all work nicely together etc

and by give it time, i mean that in time, there will be a machine that will do it, well that is what i think anyway

and by do it i mean be a combination of pc and x-box or something else

Peerzy
07-17-2005, 03:21 PM
ok...after a re-read, you can have a 5b...you got "you're" and "explaining" wrong.

By bits i meant whatever other hardware was needed, by conflict, i meant different drivers etc, would they all work nicely together etc

and by give it time, i mean that in time, there will be a machine that will do it, well that is what i think anyway

:01:

See without that infomation your post ment fuck all to anyone except yourself :rolleyes:

Also you forgot to capitlize the first word of your sentences :dry:

threelions00
07-17-2005, 03:23 PM
interpretation was a key factor there.

today is sunday, you know what that means...i don't have to brush my hair or put in capital letters

cpt_azad
07-17-2005, 05:29 PM
threelions00, a word of advice. Never argue with peerzy unless you're adequately prepared, there are only a few people on this board that can actually argue with him and prove him wrong. I am not saying he's every wrong (he has been wrong on a lot of occasions) but I am saying good luck with you trying to win an argument with him.

As for the emulators, no, not emulator exists that can emulate an Xbox or PS2 on a PC yet (as has been said a thousand times before). I'd say give it another 4 years or so.

Peerzy
07-17-2005, 05:45 PM
threelions00, a word of advice. Never argue with peerzy unless you're adequately prepared, there are only a few people on this board that can actually argue with him and prove him wrong. I am not saying he's every wrong (he has been wrong on a lot of occasions) but I am saying good luck with you trying to win an argument with him.

As for the emulators, no, not emulator exists that can emulate an Xbox or PS2 on a PC yet (as has been said a thousand times before). I'd say give it another 4 years or so.

Where? I see no proof. You are wrong :P

Right now N64 & Playstation 1 is as far as emulation has gone. Someone is doing something with the Dreamcast and in the next year or so that will be do-able.

Early attempts at an Xbox emulator left it only being able to run one game (The first Halo) and it running at about 2fps. At which point they gave up and just pirated the pc version :rolleyes:

ApacNTS
07-17-2005, 07:18 PM
so they actually came up with a decent n64 emulator? amazing, last time i saw them they were horrible, couldnt play but 1 game, and locked up after the starting movie. of course this was about 3 years ago...and i was on an ibook :0 could always stick with the gba emulator and the many many many pokemon titles :p

threelions00
07-17-2005, 09:13 PM
the idea was not to win or lose, just pass the time...which is did...anyway...bloody emulators...think i will get a games console...x-box or ps2? which is best?

And when is the PS3 being released?

Peerzy
07-17-2005, 09:27 PM
so they actually came up with a decent n64 emulator? amazing, last time i saw them they were horrible, couldnt play but 1 game, and locked up after the starting movie. of course this was about 3 years ago...and i was on an ibook :0 could always stick with the gba emulator and the many many many pokemon titles :p

Project 64 plays 99% of games perfectly on a alright/decent computer.