PDA

View Full Version : Futurama Direct-to-video

Mr. Mulder
07-18-2005, 09:14 AM
Comic-Con 2005: IGN DVD Exclusive - Futurama Direct-to-Video Greenlit
Bender, Fry & Co. set to return.

July 15, 2005 - In the first of IGN's exclusive Video Blogs direct from San Diego's Comic-Con International, voice actor Billy West (Fry, Zoidberg, the Professor, and many more voices for many more shows) revealed to us that a brand-new direct-to-video Futurama movie has been greenlit. Not only that, but there is also an option for a second movie as well.

With the model established by Family Guy's return – where a direct-to-video movie eventually spawned the show's return to Fox primetime as well – could the much-missed Futurama also be on the way back to a set near you?

w00t! :01:

DarthInsinuate
07-18-2005, 10:53 AM
:01: teh awesome :01:

david622
07-19-2005, 04:20 PM
YAY!!! even if the movie sucks, it might spur enough attention to bring the show back, which is what we've all been wanting anyway ;)

DarthInsinuate
07-19-2005, 04:47 PM
YAY!!! even if the movie sucks, it might spur enough attention to bring the show back, which is what we've all been wanting anyway ;)
how can you doubt Futurama's non-suckyness

WOOB, WOOB, WOOB, WOOB, WOOB, WOOB

david622
07-19-2005, 04:49 PM
the thing is, the movie may not be nearly as good as the show. i love futurama.

i also love family guy, but i'm having doubts about the upcoming movie. even if it's just gonna be a 2-hour-long episode of family guy (which is good in theory), is 2 hours too long?

i guess we'll just wait and see.

DarthInsinuate
07-19-2005, 04:55 PM
i thought they scrapped the Family Guy movie since they got the series back :unsure:

david622
07-19-2005, 05:00 PM
it's straight-to-dvd, but it comes out in a month or two.

Busyman
07-19-2005, 06:00 PM
i thought they scrapped the Family Guy movie since they got the series back :unsure:
http://www.filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t97929.html

Smith
07-20-2005, 01:40 AM
Yes, i was watching some Futurama episodes yesterday, i dont get why the show was canceled, they where funnier than the new simpsons episodes :(

DarthInsinuate
07-20-2005, 10:07 AM
because no one watched it, claiming it was just a Simpsons rip-off written by some idiot

david622
07-20-2005, 01:13 PM
what a shame. now, don't get me wrong, i love the simpsons, but i have to say i think this show's better.

and this show has nothing to do with the simpsons. the jokes are different, the characters are COMPLETELY different (okay, maybe bender and homer have their similarities), the settings is different, and the drawing style is completely different, and futurama has computer effects.

people can be dumbasses.

grabber
07-21-2005, 07:30 AM
it is really a copy of the simpsons. its a comedy show and it has the same style of artwork. yes i know that the simpsons all have yellow skin but the formation of the eyes, face and hands are the same. but the setting is different and the humor is not an exact copy. its also set in the future so most of the scenes are different

VreebieZ
07-21-2005, 06:33 PM
But the time frame is also different. And I won't complain watching MORE simpsons.
Family guy <=> American Dad also.

Rizindon
07-22-2005, 12:25 AM
tut tut simpsons rule !

terance
10-10-2005, 03:44 PM
I cannot see any Futurama/The Simpsons on tv(only in german wich I don't understand enough to get the jokes) ,but I have 30 futurama episodes on a dvd ,and I love them. " I gotta practice my stabbin' " & " Kill all humans " are my favourite quotes.

DarthInsinuate
10-10-2005, 04:06 PM
Morbo > Kent Brockman :snooty:

cpt_azad
10-11-2005, 11:45 AM
Wow, simpsons is teh gay rite about now. Ever since the last couple of seasons it's gone down hill like a fuckin rocket. If you actually like the eps from 2002-2005 than i really really feel sorry for you. Yes you have your opinion, use it, but you'll still be a moron following main stream tv.

Futurama had a lot of potential and was 50 times more funnier w/ better material than what Simpsons has rite about now or for the past 3 years to be exact.

If people can for some reason, even comprehend, comparing Family Guy to the Simpsons, that would literally be like comparing a gold brick to a piece of shit (respectively), it just ain't gonna happen buddy. If you can shit gold bricks, than go make your own show, if not, lay off the crack and stop watching Simpsons. They really gotta cancel it soon, it's going nowhere.

edit:

Morbo > Kent Brockman :snooty:

agreed.

ziggyjuarez
10-11-2005, 10:21 PM
Wow, simpsons is teh gay rite about now. Ever since the last couple of seasons it's gone down hill like a fuckin rocket. If you actually like the eps from 2002-2005 than i really really feel sorry for you. Yes you have your opinion, use it, but you'll still be a moron following main stream tv.

Futurama had a lot of potential and was 50 times more funnier w/ better material than what Simpsons has rite about now or for the past 3 years to be exact.

The simpsons has been funner then ever,more if you ask me.Futurama is funny but it gos The simpsons then Futurama.main stream tv? :lol: Did not know you had some underground on some hidden channel.That comment means notheing from a slipknot fan.