PDA

View Full Version : Which Anti-virus is the best?

Delorean
07-19-2005, 11:43 AM
Guys i need some help here... I have Mcafee on my pc but i was informed that Mcafee drains almost the 80% of your processor power... I don't know if is true... Is there any better Anti-virus to install on my pc?
I heard about Nod32 but.. i'm not sure how good it is and if i can trust it...
what do you think should i do guys?

Sudden
07-19-2005, 12:48 PM
http://img314.imageshack.us/img314/341/searchfirst7it.gif

peat moss
07-19-2005, 12:51 PM
Check out this thread .

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=95387&highlight=antivirus

manker
07-19-2005, 01:03 PM
Kaspersky rawks!!11http://www.sighost.us/members/danb/bbq.gif

Just a pre-emptive strike, there.

trajillo
07-19-2005, 01:04 PM
we get about 1 of these per week..that somehow able to click on new thread and write a whole paragraph but cant be bothered to click search and click and read...kids these days with their hip hop music and baggy pants.

manker
07-19-2005, 01:08 PM
Guys i need some help here... I have Mcafee on my pc but i was informed that Mcafee drains almost the 80% of your processor power... I don't know if is true... Is there any better Anti-virus to install on my pc?
I heard about Nod32 but.. i'm not sure how good it is and if i can trust it...
what do you think should i do guys?It's not true that McAfee drains 80% of your processor, unless you're using a 386 or something. Click ctrl+alt+del and have a look in the processes tab for McAfee. It will tell you how much of your processor's resources it is currently using.

NOD32 is completely trustworthy and there are better Anti-virus applications out there than McAfee - but for a better appraisal, read the thread that Peat Moss directed you to.

Delorean
07-19-2005, 03:16 PM
Thx guys!!! specila thx Peat Moss for the link!!
Btw i searched my processor power.. Its running normaly..
i guess i'll stick ith mcafee eventually!!! :D

Smith
07-19-2005, 05:32 PM
we get about 1 of these per week..that somehow able to click on new thread and write a whole paragraph but cant be bothered to click search and click and read...kids these days with their hip hop music and baggy pants.

So true lol.

Oh and NOD32 pwns.

abu_has_the_power
07-19-2005, 05:58 PM

So true lol.

Oh and NOD32 pwns.

amen!
nothing beats nod32 for virus protection amazingness :01: :01:

Peerzy
07-19-2005, 06:42 PM
I use my own knowledge and test every 1 month with a few popular scanners. So far nothing, as long as you're spart and don't go googling for "Free illigal download warez games lololol" and going on dodgy sites, you'll be fine.

orcutt989
07-19-2005, 07:00 PM
What about Symantec Antivirus Corporate? Uses Norton Definitions and updates, but much less system rescources used up.

Izagaia
07-19-2005, 07:21 PM
What about Symantec Antivirus Corporate? Uses Norton Definitions and updates, but much less system rescources used up.

Izzy's AV application of choice. :01: :cool:

Snee
07-19-2005, 07:23 PM
Symantech Corp. is good, I've got that on one os, and KAV personal pro on another.

Sy. Corp. seems to be lighter on resources to me of the two :unsure:

Smith
07-19-2005, 07:55 PM
Mabye someone could make a antivirus sticky, so people wont post this crap?

peat moss
07-20-2005, 12:31 AM
Thx guys!!! specila thx Peat Moss for the link!!
Btw i searched my processor power.. Its running normaly..
i guess i'll stick ith mcafee eventually!!! :D

Your welcome in more ways than one ! :D That link was interesting in that almost half of our members use a Norton flavour anti virus (Symantic Corp ) . Must say something ? But I have Symantec corp . aswell . Version 10.00.359 is great , but ver.9.0.2.1000 is a little faster at start up . Heres a link for a few different anti virus programs like Nod32, Kaspersky, and Norton. Which can be found by useing our search function enjoy. :)

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=14&page=1&pp=20&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=365

Izagaia
07-20-2005, 01:30 AM
But I have Symantec corp . aswell . Version 10.00.359 is great , but ver.9.0.2.1000 is a little faster at start up . Heres a link for a few different anti virus programs like Nod32, Kaspersky, and Norton. Which can be found by useing our search function enjoy. :)

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/forumdisplay.php?s=&f=14&page=1&pp=20&sort=lastpost&order=desc&daysprune=365

Version 10.00.359 performs a "start-up" scan each time users logon to Windows. I recall reading about it in a Symantec bulletin. Unfortunately, this scan cannot be configured or neutralized and at present because of a glitch that Symantec has yet to iron out, it will cause your CPU performance rate to sparatically jump to 90-100% useage while taking place (about three minutes for the scan to complete on my Athlon3200).

I personally do not mind this scan. Just one more tool protecting my system, IMO. I do not care for the high CPU rate though. However I am certain that Symantec will iron out the "kinks" shortly. In the meantime, they have posted a couple of temporary registry fixes that will halt the scan altogether until the problem is solved.

I will edit my post with links to the bulletins as soon as I find them.