PDA

View Full Version : Criminal Disclosure certificate?

Mr. Mulder
07-19-2005, 02:45 PM
Just got a message from work saying that I need to buy a Criminal Disclosure certificate before I can start working there, this is the first time they've mentioned it, in a phone message just now telling me to pay fifteen pounds sterling for one.

Is this something new that all employers are doing?

http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/

Aaron_T
07-19-2005, 02:46 PM
never heard of it, what is its purpose?

Guillaume
07-19-2005, 02:59 PM
this is the first time they've mentioned it, in a phone message just now telling me to pay fifteen pounds sterling for one.

Erm.

CRB has intimated that it will increase its fees for Standard and Enhanced disclosures to £29 and £34 respectively with effect from 1 April 2005. :(

MCHeshPants420
07-19-2005, 03:01 PM
Just got a message from work saying that I need to buy a Criminal Disclosure certificate before I can start working there, this is the first time they've mentioned it, in a phone message just now telling me to pay fifteen pounds sterling for one.

Is this something new that all employers are doing?

http://www.disclosurescotland.co.uk/

I didn't for my job. In fact, they haven't even checked my references.

Surely they should be paying for this kind of thing though?

Mr. Mulder
07-19-2005, 03:09 PM
Just got off the phone with work, Yeah they said they'll refund it if I send them the original receipt.

It's only the basic package that's needed, came to £14.10. Not too sure what that is that you've quoted, Guillaume?

never heard of it, what is its purpose?

To this very day I still don't know

Guillaume
07-19-2005, 03:20 PM
Not too sure what that is that you've quoted, Guillaume?

Dunno really, it's a quote from the site you've linked us to.

We don't get to pay for such things, ribbit. :01:

manker
07-19-2005, 03:25 PM
It's to protect the employer. As Cheese said, they should pay for it and it looks like that's what they're doing. Maybe if you lied you wouldn't get the £15 back nor the job :unsure:

The agency which provides the certificate checks who you are and what dodgy dealings you've had in the past.

I've never bothered with it, but then I don't employ that many people.

Snee
07-19-2005, 03:26 PM
We don't have to pay for those things either.

Jobs that require them are usually, in my experience, either jobs that will have you handling sensitive information, or children/possibly old people.

Guillaume
07-19-2005, 03:26 PM
We don't have to pay for those things either.

Jobs that require them are usually, in my experience, either jobs that will have you handling sensitive information, or children/possibly old people.
Government jobs too.
edit: erm, except for the politicians, cause they're all corrupt, it's a known fact.

DanB
07-19-2005, 04:35 PM
That was my downfall with regards to that college job :dry:

Mr. Mulder
07-19-2005, 05:25 PM
Wasn't that the one where they hired and fired you on the same day? :dry:

vidcc
07-19-2005, 05:27 PM
does it show "spent" convictions?