Sure, banish me. :happy:

Rat Faced
07-19-2005, 07:29 PM
Sure, banish me. :happy:

For you, i'd prefer teh Bondage :naughty:

missie
07-19-2005, 07:35 PM
:ohmy:

Mis-capitalisation is a mortal sin nowadays.
Let's hope your not hung, drawn and quoted. :snooty:

Rat Faced
07-19-2005, 07:39 PM
Thought you liked them hung :unsure:

vidcc
07-19-2005, 07:41 PM
We're just trying to find out if you've had your fun yet.. :ph34r:

I confess to not paying attention to bans etc. so if someone previously banned rejoins under a new name I probably wouldn't notice.

Perhaps a flame room would be a good idea with banned people only allowed to post there but everyone else free to roam and visit the flame room to flame the banned :wacko: ... http://www.umbc.edu/honors/France/Photos/Stocks%20-%20Baux.jpg
kind of like a modern day stocks...that way you could keep the "bondage" as well :naughty:

bigboab
07-19-2005, 07:48 PM
If you know for a fact that someone is circumventing a ban then the question should not even be asked. :ph34r:

Come to think of it. If you 'knowingly' allow someone to circumvent then you yourself could be in a precarious position.:P

Snee
07-19-2005, 07:49 PM
I'm for, as you know.

Rat Faced
07-19-2005, 07:50 PM
Dont know anything, just strongly suspect :snooty:

However, those involved seemed to be having sooo much fun, it seemed a shame to spoil it. :wacko:

JPaul
07-19-2005, 07:53 PM

:lol:

Yeah right.

You'll be saying he has a southern hemisphere ip next. :blink:

bigboab
07-19-2005, 07:53 PM

However, those involved seemed to be having sooo much fun, it seemed a shame to spoil it. :wacko:

If its the person I think you are talking about. Has he/she broke any board rules?

JPaul
07-19-2005, 07:54 PM
If you know for a fact that someone is circumventing a ban then the question should not even be asked. :ph34r:

Come to think of it. If you 'knowingly' allow someone to circumvent then you yourself could be in a precarious position.:P
I agree with boab.

All admin / mods to modulate their own posts for 3 days.

{I}{K}{E}
If its the person I think you are talking about. Has he/she broke any board rules?

12. If you get placed on 'Moderation' or a 'Ban', do not circumvent that action by creating another account. Doing so can result in a permanent ban to all accounts.

JPaul

Yes, circumvented being banned.

Edit - Jinx

bigboab
07-19-2005, 07:56 PM

Edit - Jinx

RF says he has not any proof at the moment.

DanB
07-19-2005, 07:58 PM
We all have more than enough proof.

Ban him :01:

JPaul
07-19-2005, 07:58 PM

Edit - Jinx

RF says he has not any proof at the moment.
I very much doubt he "strongly suspects" based on "no proof".

missie
07-19-2005, 07:59 PM
Power to the people!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/missie77/6.jpg

now, welease Dave.

JPaul
07-19-2005, 08:00 PM
Power to the people! http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v627/missie77/6.jpg

now, welease Dave.

Dave's fwee mate, you must have missed it.

Free Nelson Mandela.

Rat Faced
07-19-2005, 08:02 PM
Free Sex!!!!

Erm, i mean :blushing:

missie
07-19-2005, 08:03 PM

Ah good.
fwee woger, then. :01:

JPaul
07-19-2005, 08:11 PM

Ah good.
fwee woger, then. :01:

I'm watching the puntsphere just now, can we make it later.

Snee
07-19-2005, 08:14 PM
The way I see it, it's very unlikely that someone from his neck of the woods would come online only to immediately attack people in the exact same way billy always does, and not be billy.

I suppose it could happen, but the odds for that are very low.

And he went straight for the drawing room without posting in any of the filesharing forums or anything. Who, on the internet joins this board in order to discuss the israeli/palestinian issue, when there are heaps of other forums dedicated to such matters? How did he even find the place?

bigboab
07-19-2005, 08:18 PM
The way I see it, it's very unlikely that someone from his neck of the woods would come online only to immediately attack people in the exact same way billy always does, and not be billy.

I suppose it could happen, but the odds for that are very low.

And he went straight for the drawing room without posting in any of the filesharing forums or anything. Who, on the internet joins this board in order to discuss the israeli/palestinian issue, when there are heaps of other forums dedicated to such matters? How did he even find the place?

I agree Snny. What I am saying is, if proof was/is available then he/she should have been banned immediately. Not allowed to carry on circumventing.

missie
07-19-2005, 08:22 PM
Is there a list of banned members, that is available for regular members to view? To be honest, I don't know who is banned and who is not. And I'm gullible enough to believe most folk only have one account, so when they are banned, they are gone.

Where's Bujub gone?
What does the Queen carry in her handbag?
Why cant we have an alternative Pinball game?
Who smoked my spliff?

:fist:

Snee
07-19-2005, 08:24 PM
He must really love us to keep coming back this way :happy:

GepperRankins
07-19-2005, 08:25 PM
To enforce teh bannage?
um. no.

{I}{K}{E}
07-19-2005, 08:27 PM
Is there a list of banned members, that is available for regular members to view?

no. the banned members are not on the 'memberslist'

here (http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/memberlist.php?) you can find all members (but not the banned once :P ).

DanB
07-19-2005, 08:28 PM
He must really love us to keep coming back this way :happy:

we give him teh horn :naughty:

bigboab
07-19-2005, 08:28 PM
Is there a list of banned members, that is available for regular members to view? To be honest, I don't know who is banned and who is not. And I'm gullible enough to believe most folk only have one account, so when they are banned, they are gone.

1. Where's Bujub gone?
2. What does the Queen carry in her handbag?
3. Why cant we have an alternative Pinball game?
4. Who smoked my spliff?

1. Dont know. Last I heard he was moving. I think.
2. A recipe for porridge. She makes terrible porridge. After the last stuff she made for me I gave her a recipe.
3. Because it would take away the glory from the present leader. Who is?
4. You.:lol:

Peerzy
07-19-2005, 08:29 PM
Who smoked my spliff?

:shifty:

missie
07-19-2005, 08:34 PM

:fist: OoooooOoo!!!
Feckit, I'm going to walk the dog before I skite ye.

bigboab
07-19-2005, 08:47 PM

Where did you pick that word up from. Its a while since I have seen it used.:)

DanB
07-19-2005, 08:52 PM

Don't use that top lock :P

Rat Faced
07-19-2005, 09:30 PM
Are you suggesting she should only keep her bottom locked? :huh:

missie
07-19-2005, 09:35 PM
:fist: @ the pair of you too.

Boab, me nana is always threatening to skelp, skite or skud me.
I've never got the full whack of her granny paddle, but one day. :fear:

bigboab
07-19-2005, 09:42 PM
:fist: @ the pair of you too.

Boab, me nana is always threatening to skelp, skite or skud me.
I've never got the full whack of her granny paddle, but one day. :fear:

Yep. There is nothing worse than a skited lug.:lol:

manker
07-20-2005, 10:33 AM
No. I don't think Billy should be banned.

Having him back was pretty funny and added some life into the Drawing Room - which until that point was mainly boring me to tears.

I don't particularly like Billy but that doesn't mean that I reckon he should have a lifelong ban. He can't hurt anyone by posting here so why the harshity.

I accept that sometimes the popular opinion is that someone should get banned for life. However, I don't agree with it - no matter who it is.

Similarly I don't expect everyone to share my opinion, so ... do what you gotta.

JPaul
07-20-2005, 11:32 AM
No. I don't think Billy should be banned.

Having him back was pretty funny and added some life into the Drawing Room - which until that point was mainly boring me to tears.

I don't particularly like Billy but that doesn't mean that I reckon he should have a lifelong ban. He can't hurt anyone by posting here so why the harshity.

I accept that sometimes the popular opinion is that someone should get banned for life. However, I don't agree with it - no matter who it is.

Similarly I don't expect everyone to share my opinion, so ... do what you gotta.

Normally I would agree with you. However my opinion is that he is a really nasty piece of work. Not in the "terrorism is great" get a reaction mould.

He told us that he was a subscriber to the Executive Intelligence Review (a subscriber mind, not just reader). Having read some stuff written by and about Mr LaRouche he is a very unsavoury character. His views are somewhat singular. His youth movement is very concerning. His recruitment tactics are highly suspect. He is in fact a mentalist cult leader. You can find this out yourself easy enough. It's actually a rather interesting exercise.

Billy himself has posted what I consider to be anti-semitic filth, on his own forum. He doesn't do it here because he wouldn't get away with it. However he does post it. Please also bear in mind that you can and do laugh at him, he is no more than a source of fun to you. However others may not be able to do that.

The bottom line is that he is banned and that he has further broken the rules by circumventing that ban.

Enforce the ban, or not, it's a matter for the people who run this board. Your board, your rules to enforce or remove as you see fit. However it would be sad to see other people banned for life and him being allowed back in, just becuase he is such a troll.

manker
07-20-2005, 11:41 AM
I do, of course, see that point.

I'm posting rather selfishly and not considering the feelings of the board as a whole. Mainly because it's not required of me. I do get entertainment from Billy's presence and often laugh at what gets posted, nothing he's writen has offended me. In fact something posted by Bawa in the drawing room offended me last week but I still don't wish him to be banned.

It's just the way I look at things.

The bottom line for me is that I knew other people who'd circumvented a ban and I wanted them reinstated to the forum. To say I wish Billy's ban be enforced would be a bit hypocritical of me, I think.

Snee
07-20-2005, 11:51 AM

I'm posting rather selfishly and not considering the feelings of the board as a whole. Mainly because it's not required of me. I do get entertainment from Billy's presence and often laugh at what gets posted, nothing he's writen has offended me. In fact something posted by Bawa in the drawing room offended me last week but I still don't wish him to be banned.

The bottom line for me is that I knew other people who'd circumvented a ban and I wanted them reinstated to the forum. To say I wish Billy's ban be enforced would be a bit hypocritical of me, I think.
I don't have access to the same information as the team does or anything, but I think it's fairly safe to say that we've never wanted anyone reinstated who has behaved so badly, for such a long period.

We aren't talking circumventing a ban once here, we are talking about a pattern of circumventions and, if I may say so, insanity that never stops, and has gone on for quite some time.

Having said that, if we are going to keep him on, for whatever reason, let him serve as a warning example for new members.

"This is what you don't do"
or
"This is what you'll end up doing if you screw up your life and take refuge on the internet rather than dealing with your issues"

If you feel you might be going Billy Dean, people, then get help before you lose all concept of what's real and what's not.

GepperRankins
07-20-2005, 11:52 AM
well i like regular maulings, he keeps our gums healthy

JPaul
07-20-2005, 11:54 AM

Like I said I see your point and for the most part agree, there is little I would want people banned for. Particularly when we remember the age of a lot of the chaps here. As you know a lot of it is for effect, or regurgitating opinions they have heard. Feck we've both (sadly) been her long enough to actually see people growing up.

A fully formed anti-semite, who believes himself to be 100% correct and does not deal in compromise. Who deliberately posts in immotive terms and noises people up. Who may actually be influencing people who read, but don't post much. Especially if their home environment is of the same view, or who have little in the way of role models.

To me that is a concern, particularly allied with other aspects, as previously reported. I suspect you think I may be over analyzing this, but it is a genuine concern.

JPaul
07-20-2005, 11:55 AM
Also he's a tit.

Afronaut
07-20-2005, 11:56 AM
Also he's a tit.

Small, yet important detail.

;)

JPaul
07-20-2005, 11:58 AM
Also he's a tit.

Small, yet important detail.

;)
:lol:

Thanks, I put a lot of effort into that.

Please feel free to download it and use it if you need to.

GepperRankins
07-20-2005, 11:58 AM
doesn't seeing him get kicked around like a football teach these kids anything? :unsure:

manker
07-20-2005, 01:26 PM
I can't disagree with the reasoning of anyone who believes that he should remain banned.

However, the rules aren't set in stone and I come here to be entertained. More people = more entertainment for me, Billy included.

If all the mentalists stopped using the interweb, I'd be gutted :D

JPaul
07-20-2005, 01:36 PM
How would you know :naughty:

Snee
07-20-2005, 01:38 PM
Let him stay then, we can link noobs to his posts and say that's what not to do, like I said. And also, I can't argue about the entertainment value.

manker
07-20-2005, 01:45 PM
Let him stay then, we can link noobs to his posts and say that's what not to do, like I said. And also, I can't argue about the entertainment value.I like it -- Look, kids - do you really want to post like him.

Just think of him as the forum pinata.

Edit: Note I am ignoring JP as I think he's BoB!1! and as such got my mate Dave into trouble :ph34r:

Rat Faced
07-20-2005, 01:45 PM

His Internet Access would have been curtailed. :rolleyes:

JPaul
07-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Edit: Note I am ignoring JP as I think he's BoB!1! and as such got my mate Dave into trouble :ph34r:

:lol: irl

arsefecker

JPaul
07-20-2005, 01:46 PM

His Internet Access would have been curtailed. :rolleyes:
Indeed.

lynx
07-20-2005, 01:47 PM
Of course, before exercising any ban on the grounds that someone is a banned member in disguise, we have to be reasonably convinced that he actually is that member. In this case I am, others may not be.

There may be other grounds for banning the person however, but I'm not certain that we have reached that point. Yet. But I feel confident he will provide us with sufficient reason before too long.

JPaul
07-20-2005, 01:51 PM
Of course, before exercising any ban on the grounds that someone is a banned member in disguise, we have to be reasonably convinced that he actually is that member. In this case I am, others may not be.

There may be other grounds for banning the person however, but I'm not certain that we have reached that point. Yet. But I feel confident he will provide us with sufficient reason before too long.
Is being a tit not enough then.

Oh wait, no never mind, I take that back.

:whistle:

MCHeshPants420
07-21-2005, 09:48 AM
Ban him again. I don't want other banned members popping back now, like Gungrave or Rapfan. Gungrave because he was a nob and Rapfan because he was so very depressing.

Anyone who doesn't notice a six-page thread devoted to them should be banned on principle anyhow.

Busyman
07-21-2005, 01:20 PM
I'm totally against this ban but for different reasons than manker.

There ain't no fucking proof besides a hint of posting style. :dry:

If it was definitely proven is him then of course ban him. Just because others have been brought back, it doesn't mean resurrection is deemed okay for all.

Simply put, if one can hide their IP and not announce themselves as a former banned member...unfortunately they have a new life in the Witness Protection Program and should be left alone.

Use the logic. "It seems like it's him" ain't enough.

manker
07-21-2005, 01:28 PM
So what lynx said :dry:

MCHeshPants420
07-21-2005, 03:05 PM
Ban him. Anyone who says different should be banned as well for attempting to help a banned member circumvent their ban.