PDA

View Full Version : Neros Freaked out.. help!!!

jabbawillow
07-19-2005, 09:39 PM
Nero used to recognise my dvd rewriter when i tried to copy any movie file (avi etc) and encode it put a menu on and burn to dvd. now it doesnt recognise it automatically and i cant figure out how to do it manually, any suggestions????

Sudden
07-19-2005, 09:53 PM
Open nero vision express

near theTop right hand corner is a white
oblong box with an arrow pointing down,
click that and a list will appear,
pick your rewriter.

jabbawillow
07-19-2005, 10:06 PM
thanx for answering ill try, do you know why it wont recognise my drive properly anymore? even when i re install its the same

jabbawillow
07-19-2005, 10:36 PM
It keeps saying the files to big, but its not, i tried a system restore but it didnt help, i just want it to recognise my dvd burner as it is instead of a cdr !!!!

Smith
07-19-2005, 10:44 PM
Is there a CDR in the drive, or a DVD-R

jabbawillow
07-19-2005, 11:02 PM
its a dvd+rw

harrycary
07-19-2005, 11:14 PM
It keeps saying the files to big, but its not, i tried a system restore but it didnt help, i just want it to recognise my dvd burner as it is instead of a cdr !!!!

Not sure I understand, but the above statement has nothing to do with your CD/DVD burner.

How big, and what type of file are your trying to burn?

You should have no problem manually selecting which drive to use. (as described above)

So exactly what problem are you having? A drive selection issue or file burning problem?

jabbawillow
07-19-2005, 11:34 PM
Tried what sudden said but it still doesnt encode the file to play on my dvd player
will only accept video files. i reckon i triggered this page by using a dvdr instead of a dvdrw but since i havnt got anything but dvdrw right now i cant be sure

Sudden
07-19-2005, 11:55 PM
Tried what sudden said but it still doesnt encode the file to play on my dvd player
will only accept video files. i reckon i triggered this page by using a dvdr instead of a dvdrw but since i havnt got anything but dvdrw right now i cant be sure

Lets see if i got this right.

You opened nero vision express
You then selected your dvd burner
You tried to encode the movie file to dvd

Then this is where i'm lost

the file is to big?
will only accept video files?

jabbawillow
07-20-2005, 01:11 PM
Sorry it took so long to get back , ive tried all night but ill try and explain as best i can .Im trying to burn a norwiegan film ( uno ) its a avi. file around 700mb, the same as usual. it plays fine in divx player and what i would usually do then is open nero startsmart choose to burn a dvd ( without changing the menu to cd or dvd at the top, so i dont know what this was set to. But at some point between these two acts , nero says that it has found my dvd burner and if i would like to change from cdr to dvd. i say yes and then it lets me put the avi file in with a menu and encodes and writes to dvd. now that it doesnt ask that question it behaves like a cdr is in the machine or if i select my dvd burner it will only allow me to select .vob or other video files. in nero express it encodes the film but spits the cd back out when it comes to burning, saying there is not enough room on the 4.7 gb dvdrw i have in the drive. i know im coming across a bit dense but im trying to teach myself and ive only got a limited knowledge of what im talking about plus two small kids witch gives me limited and erratic time on the p.c. But any help is appriciated

Afronaut
07-20-2005, 04:08 PM
ReWritable disks?
They suck imo.

If you think Nero is messed up, re-install and see if it helps.
Other than that its rather hard to read from your post whats going on.

(You might want to hit the enter every now and then while posting here,
to make the post little more easier to read.)

;)

Sudden
07-20-2005, 11:07 PM
Sorry it took so long to get back , ive tried all night but ill try and explain as best i can .

Im trying to burn a norwiegan film ( uno ) its a avi. file around 700mb, the same as usual.
it plays fine in divx player and what i would usually do then is open nero startsmart choose to burn a dvd ( without changing the menu to cd or dvd at the top, so i dont know what this was set to.
But at some point between these two acts , nero says that it has found my dvd burner and if i would like to change from cdr to dvd. i say yes and then it lets me put the avi file in with a menu and encodes and writes to dvd.
now that it doesnt ask that question it behaves like a cdr is in the machine or if i select my dvd burner it will only allow me to select .vob or other video files.
in nero express it encodes the film but spits the cd back out when it comes to burning, saying there is not enough room on the 4.7 gb dvdrw i have in the drive.
i know im coming across a bit dense but im trying to teach myself and ive only got a limited knowledge of what im talking about plus two small kids witch gives me limited and erratic time on the p.c.
But any help is appriciated

Open start smart
Open nero vision express

what would you like to do=Left-click Make a DVD=Left-click dvd Video

Left-click Add video file-A box will open find where your Movie file is located
Highlight it press open
Now you can edit the movie or/and create chapters once that is done
Click next.
Now you can edit menu,once done click next.
you can now preview the movie
Click next
depending on which region your in and how you set that up you can now ,
Burn to or write to hard disk folder
If you select burn to by Left-click it will give you options on where to burn it.
once selected press Burn.

This guide is nowhere complete or comprensive just a simple guide.

Avi/mpg/mpeg once selected to burn to DVD
converts them to VOB files

harrycary
07-20-2005, 11:16 PM
hmm,

Nero may have a problem with the type of video compression(xvid, divx, et al) used in your .avi file.

Sorry, never encountered this before but, post your solution when you find it.