PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Want To Support Me For A Mission's Trip?

jrzofclay
07-20-2005, 09:34 PM
delete

DanB
07-20-2005, 09:37 PM
I want to go to Spain. I have the week off 22nd - 29th August, if anyone fancies sponsoring me I will be grateful, I have fuck all and will probably need around £500-£600 ? :unsure:

MCHeshPants420
07-20-2005, 09:39 PM
I'm going to the off-licence in a minute (before it closes at 11pm) if anyone fancies sponsoring me I will be both grateful and drunker. I have two quid but need a further 4 quid for an eight pack of Fosters.

GepperRankins
07-20-2005, 09:41 PM
this a religious thing?

JPaul
07-20-2005, 09:41 PM
From July 30 to August 6th, I will be heading down to Mexico with my youth group for an outreach program with the YUGO organization. The total figure of this trip is $300. This amount covers cost of the rental van(s), the campsite we will be situated at, the meals provided at the site, and the YUGO Ministries equipment, which includes the songbooks, and the lesson aids.

I have already gotten $235; therefore I will need $65 to cover the rest of the trip. Any financial donations will be graciously appreciated, even if it's $1, seriously, I will appreciate that.

If you do decide to support me, I'll email you an electronic copy of my prayer letter so you can keep me in prayer.

Thanks a lot guys.
Don't know you from a bar of soap. Will continue to support the charities I already do.

Best of luck

Mr. Mulder
07-20-2005, 09:43 PM
this a religious thing?

No, I think Cheese just wants some beer? :unsure:

MCHeshPants420
07-20-2005, 09:46 PM
this a religious thing?

I'm going to turn Foster's into... :shifty:*

*Piss, not the shifty smilie.

Mr. Mulder
07-20-2005, 09:50 PM

I'm going to turn Foster's into... :shifty:*

*Piss, not the shifty smilie.

http://www.homebrewandbeer.com/bitsandpieces/images/fosters.gif

vidcc
07-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Sorry but I can't support this (http://www.yugo.org/outreach.htm)

JPaul
07-20-2005, 10:05 PM
Why not.

manker
07-20-2005, 10:09 PM
Why not.Bad web page design, one presumes :unsure:

I'm not supporting this because the promised electronic copy of his letter of prayer is not much compensation for my $1.

Smith
07-20-2005, 10:10 PM
What is the objective of this trip? Are you trying to convert the kids, or just help them out, becuase i dont support those kind of groups.

DarthInsinuate
07-20-2005, 10:12 PM
Why not.
i'm selfish, and an arse. you tool you :lookaroun

manker
07-20-2005, 10:14 PM
What is the objective of this trip? Are you trying to convert the kids, or just help them out, becuase i dont support those kind of groups.Which don't you support.

The groups that try to convert the kids or the ones that just help them out.

JPaul
07-20-2005, 10:17 PM
Why not.
i'm selfish, and an arse. you tool you :lookaroun
seems fair.

vidcc
07-20-2005, 10:35 PM
Why not.

Because there is no god.

I will support religious groups going to aide people suffering from a tragedy or just the less fortunate but I cannot support religious groups "spreading the word".

I have often donated money to local churches for specific charitable causes and have participated in local activities run by churches. I have no problem at all with that.
I do not see the spread of religion as being a good thing. We can all be good people, we don't need to believe in god to achieve this.

Smith
07-20-2005, 11:00 PM
What is the objective of this trip? Are you trying to convert the kids, or just help them out, becuase i dont support those kind of groups.Which don't you support.

The groups that try to convert the kids or the ones that just help them out.

teh converting kind ;)

jrzofclay
07-21-2005, 03:01 AM
delete

jrzofclay
07-21-2005, 03:05 AM
delete

{I}{K}{E}
07-21-2005, 10:04 AM
And also, even if we are the groups that try to convert, we're only doing it to help people out and hopefully make the Earth a better place. Sure, millions of people don't agree with our religion, and that's fine. But religious groups are often stereotyped. We're often portrayed as fanatics. What they don't realize is that we're only trying to help out people, even if you think the way we do it is bad because often people don't know why we even do it.

How can changing religion make you a better person? :huh:
You can help people without asking them to change religion!

It's wrong to ask people if they wanna join your 'group/cult/religion' . If people want to join they will come to you.

I don't believe in god and for me the bible is a fantasy story, I have nothing against people who believe in god/bible ect... but they shouldn't ask people to join their club. :dry:

GepperRankins
07-21-2005, 10:37 AM
Why not.

Because there is no god.

I will support religious groups going to aide people suffering from a tragedy or just the less fortunate but I cannot support religious groups "spreading the word".

I have often donated money to local churches for specific charitable causes and have participated in local activities run by churches. I have no problem at all with that.
I do not see the spread of religion as being a good thing. We can all be good people, we don't need to believe in god to achieve this.
i agree

vidcc
07-21-2005, 03:57 PM
The reason we're going down to Mexico is to provide support and aid for the poorer folks of Mexico. We build houses and help out with the work they have been working on
That is not YUGO outreach and I see no mention of it on the website.

I wish you all the best in your venture and hope you gain from it, but i don't agree with it.

JPaul
07-21-2005, 06:28 PM
But religious groups are often stereotyped. We're often portrayed as fanatics.
What is your religious group.

JPaul
07-21-2005, 06:29 PM
... but they shouldn't ask people to join their club. :dry:
Why not, people can just say no thanks.

jrzofclay
07-21-2005, 07:35 PM
delete

jrzofclay
07-21-2005, 07:41 PM
delete

Guillaume
07-21-2005, 07:49 PM

We're Christians. Not Catholics, or any other cult that is familiar with Christianity.

Erm. So you're a Christian who's not a Christian? :blink:

BTW, was that a j'polism at all.

bigboab
07-21-2005, 08:00 PM

We're Christians. Not Catholics, or any other cult that is familiar with Christianity.

I have this strange feeling that you are a member of the KKK.:ph34r:
You say the bible does not promote violence. What about 'An Eye for an Eye'?
If someone kills you, are you not supposed to kill them back? Wait that cant be right.:blink: I'll go and Google that. Be right back.:unsure:

JPaul
07-21-2005, 08:27 PM

That's a good way to meet and greet people. Call Catholicism a cult, nice way to meet people old bean.

So your group is "Christian" nothing more specific than that. Do you have a name for it, other than "Christian", because that doesn't really tell anyone very much.

It must be called something surely. Even if it's just "Simply Christian"

jrzofclay
07-21-2005, 08:30 PM
delete

JPaul
07-21-2005, 08:32 PM
There is no where in the Bible where it says to hate anyone or kill anyone based upon religion, race, sex, etc.
You really want to have a read at the Old Testament, never done with the smiting and stuff. It's pretty violent stuff going on there.

DanB
07-21-2005, 08:35 PM
There is no where in the Bible where it says to hate anyone or kill anyone based upon religion, race, sex, etc.
You really want to have a read at the Old Testament, never done with the smiting and stuff. It's pretty violent stuff going on there.

Perhaps this is why he needs the sonsorship? :huh:

jrzofclay
07-21-2005, 08:37 PM
delete

JPaul
07-21-2005, 08:40 PM
Sorry, i should have made myself more clear. I meant that there is no where in the Bible that says to kill soley for the idea of killing. sure there were the crusades, and yeah i do have my disagreements with them, but they were for a reason, even though many ppl believe it was just another unjustice war
So killing for no reason = Bad, wonder how often that happens. Pretty rare I would have thought.

Killing in the name of God (e.g. crusades) = OK. Where is your mandate for this.

JPaul
07-21-2005, 08:43 PM

Perhaps this is why he needs the sonsorship? :huh:
Indeed, perhaps he wants to buy a Bible.

maybe you can download it, would that be wrong.

JPaul
07-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Maybe he doesn't know you can download it free from Project Gutenberg.

Guillaume
07-21-2005, 08:44 PM
Who would ask for copyrights anyway? :unsure:

Are you trying to multiply the rods?

JPaul
07-21-2005, 08:46 PM
Who would ask for copyrights anyway? :unsure:

Are you trying to multiply the rods?
It's not copyrighted ( :naughty: ) any more mate.

No, I think he's a git.

jrzofclay
07-21-2005, 08:49 PM
delete

JPaul
07-21-2005, 08:52 PM
...the crusades was a Catholic war. The roman catholics tried to take away the holy land from the muslims. The christians had nothing to do with this.

So which non-Catholic Christians were about during the crusades.

Who were these Christians sitting decrying the acts of the "roman catholics". Which group are we talking about here.

jrzofclay
07-21-2005, 08:54 PM
delete

Snee
07-21-2005, 08:55 PM
So, let me get this straight...

He wants to have the money so he can go on a holy crusade down in Mexico to protect cheebus's inalienable right to get pished, and, if he has time to spare, he'll buy a bible and maybe brainwash some mexicans like DanB?

:2kewl2read:

JPaul
07-21-2005, 08:56 PM
So which non-Catholic Christians were about during the crusades.

Who were these Christians sitting decrying the acts of the "roman catholics". Which group are we talking about here.
what are you talking about? the roman catholics invaded the holy land to get it from the muslims

You said it was not the Christians

The christians had nothing to do with this

I take it then that Catholics are not Christians.

jrzofclay
07-21-2005, 09:06 PM
delete

JPaul
07-21-2005, 09:10 PM

What the Catholics believe in, that's false from Protestant Chrisitianity, is that they belive that Jesus came down from heaven after dying on the cross and had sexual relations with Mary. Also, catholics dont believe in the new testament
Oh right, so he had an incestuous relationship with his Mother, after returning from the dead.

Catholics don't believe in the New Testament, I didn't know that.

Could you possibly provide me a source for this. It comes as a complete surprise to me.

The whole Catholic thing seems a bit mental if you look at it that way.

Snee
07-21-2005, 09:15 PM

Some people think they are and some think they aren't. A christian is someone who professes faith in Jesus Christ and believes in His teaching and doctrine. What the Catholics believe in, that's false from Protestant Chrisitianity, is that they belive that Jesus came down from heaven after dying on the cross and had sexual relations with Mary. Also, catholics dont believe in the new testament
I see someone else is :2kewl2read2:

bigboab
07-21-2005, 09:16 PM
I am sorry JP but you are not taking into account that history as far as America is concerned did not start till just before their War of Independance. Or it looks like that to me.:cry:

Snee
07-21-2005, 09:18 PM
Obviously these upstart Catholics have managed to corrupt the original protestantic faith with their heathen ways.

Shame on them, I say.

JPaul
07-21-2005, 09:20 PM
I am sorry JP but you are not taking into account that history as far as America is concerned did not start till just before their War of Independance. Or it looks like that to me.:cry:
I'm just trying to understand old bean.

I find these revelations re the beliefs of the Catholic Church quite startling. If they are true, re the Mary / New testament thing then they must be a strange group indeed. A cult, as our new friend says.

I'm sure he will provide us with some sort of evidence supporting these startling claims.

bigboab
07-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Obviously these upstart Catholics have managed to corrupt the original protestantic faith with their heathen ways.

Shame on them, I say.

How could they Snny they were there first. As far as Catholics and protestants are concerned.:)

Protestant with a small 'p'. dont drink as much now.:(

Snee
07-21-2005, 09:23 PM
Protestant with a small 'p'. dont drink as much now.:(
Que? :blink:

jrzofclay
07-21-2005, 09:24 PM
delete

JPaul
07-21-2005, 09:28 PM
Thanks for that, so it's the Mormon's who say that Catholic's believe that Jesus had intercourse with his mother. Do you not consider the Mormon's to be a cult, like the Catholics.

I would prefer a Catholic source, if, that's OK. If they believe it then it should be easy to find one.

Oh and one re them not believing in the New Testament would be nice as well.

I am seriously intrigued with what you tell us.

Guillaume
07-21-2005, 09:36 PM
I would prefer a Catholic source, if, that's OK.

You just gave yourself away as a member of that catholic cult thingy, JP.

Weirdo. :dry:

JPaul
07-21-2005, 09:37 PM
I would prefer a Catholic source, if, that's OK.

What do you mean "gave yourself away" mate. I haven't declared or hidden anything.

I am genuinely interested in what the chap has to say.

jrzofclay
07-21-2005, 09:41 PM
delete

{I}{K}{E}
07-21-2005, 09:42 PM
Shall I move this thread to The Drawing Room?

jrzofclay
delete

Guillaume
What do you mean "gave yourself away" mate. I haven't declared or hidden anything.

And now you're rodding me into confessing I was pulling your leg. :fist:

bigboab

I am genuinely interested in what the chap has to say.

You might have to wait till after the next 'meeting'. But I think they will stick with the truth as they know it. It is far too costly to reprint all those pamphlets.:(

vidcc
07-21-2005, 09:44 PM
Who would have expected it to happen in this thread :unsure:

http://stevecopy.blogharbor.com/_photos/p_spanish_inquisition.thumb.jpg

Snee
07-21-2005, 09:45 PM
I'm pretty interested too, I was brought up a Protestant, so obviously i don't have this Catholic thing down, as they say, and from what I can tell whoever told this chap these things obviously had a better grip on it than anyone I've ever met.

It's a bit like that Shahak bloke Billy quoted the other day, I did some research on him and it turns out he'd made the startling discovery that some jews worship the devil when they wash their hand or somesuch, and he was a jew and everything, so he must have known what he was talking about. That was really an eyeopener.

I'm intrigued as to what else this bloke will reveal next, I really am.

bigboab
07-21-2005, 09:51 PM
I'm pretty interested too, I was brought up a Protestant, so obviously i don't have this Catholic thing down, as they say, and from what I can tell whoever told this chap these things obviously had a better grip on it than anyone I've ever met.

It's a bit like that Shahak bloke Billy quoted the other day, I did some research on him and it turns out he'd made the startling discovery that some jews worship the devil when they wash their hand or somesuch, and he was a jew and everything, so he must know what he's talking about. That was really an eyeopener.

I'm intrigued as to what else this bloke will reveal next, I really am.
I think he is asking you to read it for yourself Snny. I'm too busy at the moment or I would read it.

jrzofclay
07-21-2005, 09:53 PM
delete

Snee
07-21-2005, 09:54 PM
I don't know, if I am, what would that mean?

Peerzy
07-21-2005, 09:56 PM
Shall I move this thread to The Drawing Room?

How about the Trash section :unsure:

So basically what you're saying jrzofclay is that Jesus fucked his virgin mother :blink:

jrzofclay
07-21-2005, 09:58 PM
delete

JPaul
07-21-2005, 09:59 PM
Thanks for that, so it's the Mormon's who say that Catholic's believe that Jesus had intercourse with his mother. Do you not consider the Mormon's to be a cult, like the Catholics.

I would prefer a Catholic source, if, that's OK. If they believe it then it should be easy to find one.

Oh and one re them not believing in the New Testament would be nice as well.

I am seriously intrigued with what you tell us.
If you read what i posted above at:

http://www.scripturecatholic.com/

"But Catholics do not believe that God has given us His divine Revelation in Christ exclusively through Scripture. "

The Scripture are the letters Paul wrote, Romans, 1 and 2 Corinthians, Galtaions, Philipians, Colossians, 1 and 2 Thessalonians, etc, which are all in the new testament

Don't get sniffy with me, Christian Boy.

You posted a link to a really big site, did you expect people to read the whole thing. To find your "evidence" I have neither the time, nor the inclination.

I asked for two simple things ;

1. Can you provide evidence that Catholics believe Jesus rose from the dead and had incestuous sexual relations with his mother.

2. Can you provide evidence that Catholics do not believe the teachings in the New Testament.

If you can please do, if you can't then please stop preaching it.

I hope you are not typical of your version of "Christian". I certainly wouldn't support you doing missionary work, because you really aren't very good at getting your message a cross.

Peerzy
07-21-2005, 10:07 PM
Why don't you get a job.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=98222

You want to make money yet will try everything apart from getting off your lazy ass and working.

EDIT: This is also wouldn't be the reason why you want us to send you money "for personal reasons"

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=90237

:rolleyes:

EDIT2: Also why not cut your internet off? That'll save you like $40 and you won't be able to post here. Everyone wins.

JPaul
07-21-2005, 10:17 PM
Why don't you get a job.

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=98222

You want to make money yet will try everything apart from getting off your lazy ass and working.

EDIT: This is also wouldn't be the reason why you want us to send you money "for personal reasons"

http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/showthread.php?t=90237

:rolleyes:

EDIT2: Also why not cut your internet off? That'll save you like $40 and you won't be able to post here. Everyone wins.

:lol:

That's a bit h4r5h.

The lass is just posting pish on the interweb, for a wee reaction. It makes her feel important. She probably shows it to her "friends" for a laugh, I'm sure they have a good giggle.

The least you could do is play along.

MCHeshPants420
07-21-2005, 10:56 PM
I'm going to the off-licence in a minute (before it closes at 11pm) if anyone fancies sponsoring me I will be both grateful and drunker. I have two quid but need a further 4 quid for an eight pack of Fosters.

Thanks for all the donations. :dry: