PDA

View Full Version : London Bomb's (Part II)

Peerzy
07-21-2005, 12:38 PM
Just watching teh news, reports of a coloured man with a rucksack "bursting into flames" on a tude train. 3 London stations evacuated and there has been an incident on a bus in east London.

:pinch:

RPerry
07-21-2005, 01:08 PM
Just watching teh news, reports of a coloured man with a rucksack "bursting into flames" on a tude train. 3 London stations evacuated and there has been an incident on a bus in east London.

:pinch:

Just heard the same from my mother -in -law, off to see the news :cry:

{I}{K}{E}
07-21-2005, 01:09 PM
http://filesharingtalk.com/vb3/t99006.html

4play
07-21-2005, 01:12 PM
seems nobody hurt as these bombs where very small or did not detonate. hell even one of the people with the bomb strapped to his back is reported to be walking.

seems a suspect package at shepards bush (hammersmith and city line station), warren street and oval while one went off on a bus in hackney.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4703777.stm

Gemby!
07-21-2005, 02:07 PM
ah crap - shepherds bush is two stops away from me :angry:

glad i didnt go shopping today though, would've went to shepherds bush :pinch:

4play
07-21-2005, 02:16 PM
shepards bush sucks for shopping ealing or hammersmith are better.

that is a really girly comment :blushing:

Gemby!
07-21-2005, 02:19 PM
well when i say shopping there we would've met up there then went hammersmith :P

cos it sucks

cinema there is decent though. well its the nearest

DanB
07-21-2005, 04:07 PM
:(

Gemby!
07-21-2005, 04:22 PM

:console:

DanB
07-21-2005, 04:31 PM

:console:

:w00t:

ty

ziggyjuarez
07-21-2005, 04:34 PM
seems nobody hurt as these bombs where very small or did not detonate. hell even one of the people with the bomb strapped to his back is reported to be walking.

seems a suspect package at shepards bush (hammersmith and city line station), warren street and oval while one went off on a bus in hackney.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/4703777.stm
what did the guy look like?Get Him!

Gemby!
07-22-2005, 09:56 AM
stockwell station has been closed ...but its unknown if its another bomber suspect man person threat OR shooting one of them

vivitron 15
07-22-2005, 10:51 AM
theyve closed the station at stockwell - apparantly shot a guy dead, and police have surrounded a mosque in east london

manker
07-22-2005, 10:59 AM
They bundled some Asian guy to the floor of a tube train and shot him, point blank, 5 times.

JUST IN CASE, no doubt.

DarthInsinuate
07-22-2005, 11:28 AM
woot, police with guns, great idea

Money Fist
07-22-2005, 11:51 AM
yep
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG "FREEZE"
thats how we do in Stockwell

{I}{K}{E}
07-22-2005, 11:53 AM
yep
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG "FREEZE"
thats how we do in Stockwell

:01:

it seems the dude fell when entering the train... maybe teh cops thought he would blow himself up? so they shot him 5 times? :unsure:

DarthInsinuate
07-22-2005, 11:54 AM
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG "FREEZE" "now, get up, Bitch"

{I}{K}{E}
07-22-2005, 11:54 AM
BANG BANG BANG BANG BANG "FREEZE" "Get up, Bitch"

:lol:

you missed 5 times?

DarthInsinuate
07-22-2005, 11:56 AM
i typed it quickly and messed up the joke :shame:

bigboab
07-22-2005, 12:46 PM
The suspect trips when running into the train. He is pounced upon by three 'policemen', he is shot in the head five times.

Extracts from 'news as it happens;

The police tried to revive him. (I bet they did)
They had a helicopter ambulance immediately at the scene. (there are a lot of helicopter ambulances on the tube:unsure:)
I thought that the woman newscaster was trying to 'put' words into the witnesses mouths. 'Are you sure he tripped or did the 'police' push him'?

Let's hope it was one of the culprits.
Sadly they wont be able to interview him to get information on the rest.

The police said that they would shoot to kill. It appears that they are now doing just that.

Money Fist
07-22-2005, 01:42 PM
i hope CCTV footage gets realesed
that clown jumped the barrier wearing a thick padded jacket (on a sunnyday)
he was asking for it bomb or not

and yep the cops have been ordered to shoot to kill bomb suspects

DanB
07-22-2005, 04:17 PM
Serves him right. If armed police tell you to stop then you stop unless you really, really have something to hide, its not rocket science is it?

Point blank execution, I like :01:

Its not like they just shot him for falling over, they had been chasing him through the station ffs

Barbarossa
07-22-2005, 04:21 PM
Yes, he won't make that mistake again... :ph34r:

Rat Faced
07-22-2005, 05:01 PM
And apparently he's not connected with anything..

oops

DanB
07-22-2005, 05:05 PM
They haven't he said he wasn't connected at all, they just said he wasn't one of the 4 men they had CCTV footage of

Busyman
07-22-2005, 05:36 PM
They bundled some Asian guy to the floor of a tube train and shot him, point blank, 5 times.

JUST IN CASE, no doubt.
;)

{I}{K}{E}
07-23-2005, 06:15 PM
the guy that was killed wasn't a terrorist :ohmy:

Rat Faced
07-23-2005, 09:35 PM
LONDON (AP) - The man shot and killed on a subway car by London police in front of horrified commuters apparently had nothing to do with this month's bombings on the city's transit system, police said Saturday in expressing their ``regrets.''

A day earlier, the police commissioner said the man was ``directly linked'' to Thursday's attacks, in which bombs on three subway trains and a bus failed to detonate properly. No one was injured.

``For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets,'' a police spokesman said on customary condition of anonymity.

Source (http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5161962,00.html)

You were saying Dan? :rolleyes:

:ph34r:

bigboab
07-23-2005, 10:20 PM
LONDON (AP) - The man shot and killed on a subway car by London police in front of horrified commuters apparently had nothing to do with this month's bombings on the city's transit system, police said Saturday in expressing their ``regrets.''

A day earlier, the police commissioner said the man was ``directly linked'' to Thursday's attacks, in which bombs on three subway trains and a bus failed to detonate properly. No one was injured.

``For somebody to lose their life in such circumstances is a tragedy and one that the Metropolitan Police Service regrets,'' a police spokesman said on customary condition of anonymity.

I disagree RF. This fellow if not guilty of the bombings was guilty of something else. Why else would he try to evade the police? By running away from the police he was making the police think that he was guilty. This gave them every right to take the action that they did.

So an 'innocent' person is killed, if so that is regrettable. Hundreds of innocent people are being killed in the bombings. I say carry on with the shoot to kill policy. It will reap dividends in the end.

DanB
07-23-2005, 10:57 PM

On the day I said it they were saying he was directly connected :P

I don't really care though, as Boab said he was up to something or else he would have stopped when challenged

Guillaume
07-23-2005, 10:59 PM
I don't really care though, as Boab said he was up to something or else he would have stopped when challenged

The guy probably was trying to travel without a ticket. Surely he deserved to be shot. :angry:

Rat Faced
07-23-2005, 11:06 PM
Dunno, there are people being arrested and held for weeks without charge under Terrorism Acts around the world, including here.

If I was asian and some copper pointed a gun at me in London atm, im pretty sure i'd run for it too. :ph34r:

Boab, you wouldnt say that if your skin was darker than it is :angry:

DarthInsinuate
07-23-2005, 11:08 PM
most people would be frightened by the sight of a gun and freeze, regardless of ethnicity

Rat Faced
07-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Fear = Andrenalin = Flight or Fight..

They were 3ft away from the guy, and he was on the ground when they shot him 5 times ffs :P

DarthInsinuate
07-23-2005, 11:13 PM
most people would be frightened by the sight of a gun and freeze, regardless of ethnicity
except for black people of course, they would probably pull out an uzi and shout "i'm gonna fuck you up, pig bitch"

bigboab
07-23-2005, 11:17 PM

The guy probably was trying to travel without a ticket. Surely he deserved to be shot. :angry:

If he was innocent he did not deserve to be shot. Nobody is arguing about that.
Look at the evidence.

He comes out of a house that is under surveillance.
He is an Electrician (bomb making?)
He refuses to surrender when asked to do so by the police.
He is dressed in a heavy coat in the middle of July.
He runs away and on to a Tube train.
The Police carried out the instructions recently issued to them about shooting 'in the head'.

Have I missed anything?
I think more has yet to be revealed(If allowed).

DanB
07-23-2005, 11:19 PM

Get a £10 fine or run away from the armed police and risk your life. Hmmm whats the sensible decision there?

RF, so if you have a bomb strapped to you can you not detonate it when you are on the floor? :unsure:

DanB
07-23-2005, 11:21 PM
If I was asian and some copper pointed a gun at me in London atm, im pretty sure i'd run for it too.

Then you'd end up getting shot too :rolleyes:

Rat Faced
07-23-2005, 11:25 PM
Maybe he had a few pockets full of dope... :ph34r:

bigboab
07-23-2005, 11:39 PM
Dunno, there are people being arrested and held for weeks without charge under Terrorism Acts around the world, including here.

If I was asian and some copper pointed a gun at me in London atm, im pretty sure i'd run for it too. :ph34r:

Boab, you wouldnt say that if your skin was darker than it is :angry:

I have been called a Bl*k Bar Steward a few times.:)

The colour of your skin should not make you feel guilty. Nor should it give you an excuse from obeying lawful instructions to 'surrender'. Would you have felt great if this fellow had detonated a bomb on the tube and killed more people?

I'm sorry but it has reached the stage where we cannot take that chance.
IMO a small amount of innocent lives lost is better than a large amount of innocent lives lost.

We will not solve this problem by sticking to the European Human Rights or any other Do-Gooding establishment. We will only do it by hitting the bastards before they can do damage.

P.S. there is absolutely no excuse for the taking of innocent lives, unless in error. No matter what the cause. We are not talking 'open war' here.

Busyman
07-24-2005, 02:56 AM
except for black people of course, they would probably pull out an uzi and shout "i'm gonna fuck you up, pig bitch"
You sound like a idiot. STFU.

Anyway...

The didn't deserve to be killed but at the same time he was an idiot...one, for a coat on in the middle of July and two, for running from authorities shortly after a terrorist bombing.

I wonder if a terrorist paid him (if he really wasn't one) to test the security.

Now authorities shooting him 5 times while he was pinned sounds a little far-fetched and over the top as well.

vidcc
07-24-2005, 03:21 AM
IMO a small amount of innocent lives lost is better than a large amount of innocent lives lost.
I am genuinely surprised at this from you Boab. Perhaps because of your view on the death penalty.

The logic is IMO without flaw in itself, although we agree that the loss of no innocent lives would be even better..... What a pity we don't live in a perfect world :(

bigboab
07-24-2005, 07:46 AM
I am genuinely surprised at this from you Boab. Perhaps because of your view on the death penalty.

The logic is IMO without flaw in itself, although we agree that the loss of no innocent lives would be even better..... What a pity we don't live in a perfect world :(

When at war you amend your views according to the situation.:)
I have always held the belief that the shoot to kill policy works.

P.s. what were my views on Capital Punishment? I've fogotten.:(

vidcc
07-24-2005, 01:21 PM

the "impression" I got was you were against it..... partly because of the fear an innocent person may die.

bigboab
07-24-2005, 03:26 PM

the "impression" I got was you were against it..... partly because of the fear an innocent person may die.

No I'm all for it. Providing that there is no question of guilt.

Biggles
07-24-2005, 03:46 PM
Whilst I would agree that every effort is made to ensure that the public is safe I would quite like to be safe from my police too.

This poor chap was under surveillance, followed, and finally jumped and shot whilst going about his lawful business. The intelligence agencies have a lot to answer for. They are complaining about being stretched and yet waste resources on a Brazilian electrician who it would appear has absolutely nothing to do with any form of terrorism.

One suspects it is the same intelligence that had us believing Iraq was armed to the teeth. We as citizens cannot know if we have been mistakenly targeted. I have in the past had an occasion to make a mad dash for a bus or a train. I would be most displeased to have my brains blown out because some "intelligence" goon had told a group of plain clothes policemen behind me that I was a mad bomber. To be fair to the police, by the time this kind of mis-information has reached them they can act in no other way.

Between bombers and mis-directed police, I think London is probably a place best avoided at the moment.

vidcc
07-24-2005, 04:06 PM

So we are as one in this.

I got the impression because you raised a question to me about it as if I was fine with it even though innocent people have been executed. You didn't state your own view on it as a whole..The question just seem anti-death sentence. But now it's clear and I am no longer surprised by your statement on this thread. :)

bigboab
07-24-2005, 05:10 PM
So we are as one in this.

I got the impression because you raised a question to me about it as if I was fine with it even though innocent people have been executed. You didn't state your own view on it as a whole..The question just seem anti-death sentence. But now it's clear and I am no longer surprised by your statement on this thread. :)

I move with the times Vid.:) Trouble is the Times ends up in the Paper Recycle Bin.:cry:

GepperRankins
07-24-2005, 05:21 PM
if a guy in plain clothes pointed a gun at me i'd probably leg it too

DarthInsinuate
07-24-2005, 06:12 PM
if a guy in plain clothes pointed a gun at me i'd probably leg it too
what if they were shouting "police"?

Gripper
07-24-2005, 06:43 PM
I dont care if they say puliss,thankyou or excuse me,it still put the shits up ya to have a gun pointed at ya,but you dont run!

Busyman
07-24-2005, 08:18 PM
Whilst I would agree that every effort is made to ensure that the public is safe I would quite like to be safe from my police too.

This poor chap was under surveillance, followed, and finally jumped and shot whilst going about his lawful business. The intelligence agencies have a lot to answer for. They are complaining about being stretched and yet waste resources on a Brazilian electrician who it would appear has absolutely nothing to do with any form of terrorism.

One suspects it is the same intelligence that had us believing Iraq was armed to the teeth. We as citizens cannot know if we have been mistakenly targeted. I have in the past had an occasion to make a mad dash for a bus or a train. I would be most displeased to have my brains blown out because some "intelligence" goon had told a group of plain clothes policemen behind me that I was a mad bomber. To be fair to the police, by the time this kind of mis-information has reached them they can act in no other way.

Between bombers and mis-directed police, I think London is probably a place best avoided at the moment.
Intelligence is still supposed to follow leads Biggles. :dry:

If an officer asks you to stop, fucking stop. It ain't rocket science.

It's almost like, "if guns are pointed at you, you don't quickly reach into your coat....even if it is for your wallet." :ermm:

vidcc
07-24-2005, 09:46 PM

It's almost like, "if guns are pointed at you, you don't quickly reach into your coat....even if it is for your wallet." :ermm:

I'm not sure how it would have affected this man as he was Brazilian by all accounts but the UK doesn't have armed police as a norm. The armed units are "special".
They don't have the gun culture we have so wouldn't risk being shot by getting out of their car when pulled over for a traffic violation and wouldn't in all honesty be expecting to be shot by police officers.
Admittedly they would surely identify themselves "Halt...armed police" but then as I said it's not typical to have armed police and if these were non uniform it wouldn't be automatic to assume they were police.

I wonder if they fire warning shots

You must have heard the joke about the British policeman "Stop....or I'll say stop again" ;)

Rat Faced
07-24-2005, 11:23 PM
He came from Brazil...

Dont people "disappear" there sometimes?

Maybe this is why he runs from armed coppers when he aint done anything?

Busyman
07-24-2005, 11:28 PM

I'm not sure how it would have affected this man as he was Brazilian by all accounts but the UK doesn't have armed police as a norm. The armed units are "special".
They don't have the gun culture we have so wouldn't risk being shot by getting out of their car when pulled over for a traffic violation and wouldn't in all honesty be expecting to be shot by police officers.
Admittedly they would surely identify themselves "Halt...armed police" but then as I said it's not typical to have armed police and if these were non uniform it wouldn't be automatic to assume they were police.

I wonder if they fire warning shots

You must have heard the joke about the British policeman "Stop....or I'll say stop again" ;)
Yes I have.

One caveat.....there was a fucking terrorist act committed just recently. The guy was an idiot and had been in the UK for awhile.

DanB
07-24-2005, 11:35 PM
didnt i post in here? :unsure:

manker
07-25-2005, 12:02 AM
didnt i post in here? :unsure:I think it was in teh drawing room that you declared urban war against Brazilian Electicians :D

vidcc
07-25-2005, 03:12 AM
Yes I have.

One caveat.....there was a fucking terrorist act committed just recently. The guy was an idiot and had been in the UK for awhile.

I did say I couldn't vouch for the way this foreigner acted, I was talking about British people in general who because they are not used to armed police generally would possibly not have the automatic reaction Americans would.
But on the point of a terrorist act just committed, the British are far more relaxed about those kind of things than the Americans are. This may have something to do with the fact that they have experienced it a lot more.

I can't remember who I made the analogy to but when it came to reactions to terrorism the USA was like a new parent that will sterilise the bottle if the baby drops it before giving it back by boiling it..... Britain is more like the parent that has 4 children and sterilising consists of wiping with shirt tails.

maebach
07-25-2005, 04:26 AM
These bombings are going too far, I think there's gonna be one masive attack in the end. I can smell it from Canada.