PDA

View Full Version : Kazaalite Chatroom

SugarFrosted
07-21-2005, 08:15 PM
A few years ago there was more than one Kazaalite chatroom on IRC, which caused a lot of strife. And there were many versions of Kazaalite, each having its own group of promoters and fans.
Then the RIAA came along. And as a result the forums associated with Kazaalite.com died, leaving the chatroom, which was linked to the program, twisting in the wind. A lot of friends and users were lost when the domain died. The chatroom still exists even though it has moved several times.
The chatroom is still named Kazaalite even though it no longer represents any version of Kazaalite. The name was kept in the hopes that, at some point, someone who was searching for it might find his/her way back.
It is just a chatroom now, named in memorium for a great thing that once lived and was the most downloaded program on the internet. The crew there is small and looking for new users
I have been there chatting since November 2002. I am here to invite you to come and see us. I am here in hopes that some of the users here might be interested in coming to chat and maybe stay.
Please don't see this as a challenge of any kind. Just a friendly invitation to anyone who is interested.
We are on IRC server Camelot.SugarFrosted.com or use IP 83.243.46.10 and then join #Kazaalite. We look forward to seeing you :)

Afronaut
07-22-2005, 08:57 AM
I used ChatZilla (http://www.hacksrus.com/~ginda/chatzilla/faq/chatzilla-faq.html) and got there with this command;

irc://83.243.46.10/Kazaalite

:)

...looks quiet in the room thought...

{I}{K}{E}
07-22-2005, 09:00 AM
you haven't posted in 2 years and now you spam an IRC chat room :huh:

Mr. Mulder
07-22-2005, 09:01 AM
How rude :snooty:

DanB
07-22-2005, 04:49 PM

If you will send out those emails :rolleyes:

Vargas
07-22-2005, 05:55 PM
yeah well i have you beat with a kazaa lite chat room that was erected in feb 2002
http://freechat.raidersoft.com/sigmachat.pl?room=15781

RPerry
07-22-2005, 06:05 PM

well, atleast she posted Ike :)

SugarFrosted
07-22-2005, 10:28 PM
As I said, this was not meant as a challenge...it was meant as a friendly invitation...
if you don't want to visit, then don't. I am looking for old friends and friendly new users.
If you don't want me here, just tell me. But bear in mind, I was emailed a reminder to come back here.

Vargas said:
"yeah well i have you beat with a kazaa lite chat room that was erected in feb 2002
http://freechat.raidersoft.com/sigmachat.pl?room=15781"

I never said it was the oldest or even the first kazaalite chatroom.
I said that I (me, myself) had been chatting there since November 2002.
The chatroom had been there for some time before I arrived.
Yay!! for the longevity of some chatrooms!
(Hmmmm...I wonder why some people take everything as a challenge
and make it a pissing contest...)

And by the way, Thank You Afronaut and RPerry for visiting today.
It IS quiet a lot which is why we want to find old friends and new users.
And right now we have a bunch of people away on holiday.
Come back anytime! :)

FireWERX
07-23-2005, 12:15 AM
Hello!

I too would like to welcome people to stop by. I've even resurrected my 4 (Four) year old avatar. :D

So if you're bored, visit our little chat room and talk about plants, or balloons, or whatever.

TTYL ~ FireWERX

-----

:blink: irc://83.243.46.10/Kazaalite :blink:

Orpheus_hole
07-23-2005, 12:38 AM
Hi

I also hope users will come back and visit or new users to stop by and check it out and possibly stay. I have been in the chatroom for almost 2 years now and surely know that everyone there is very friendly.

Hope to see some new users soon.

Vargas
07-23-2005, 12:39 AM
there was more than one Kazaalite chatroom on IRC, which caused a lot of strife.

I never said it was the oldest or even the first kazaalite chatroom.
(Hmmmm...I wonder why some people take everything as a challenge
and make it a pissing contest...)

Just trying to keep up the "strife"
wanna see me write my name in the snow? :lol:

BTW did you come back back to do anything BESIDES spam your little chat room, which just happens to have the same URL as your username?
welcome back, you might wanna check the rules about advertising :w00t:

spam much? (http://www.google.com/search?q=%22Camelot.SugarFrosted.com%22&hl=en&lr=&filter=0)

Afronaut
07-23-2005, 01:43 AM
heh

its just an IRC chat room, sort of like in SS

not too crowded atm. kinda cozy tought...

:D

RPerry
07-23-2005, 01:57 AM
BTW did you come back back to do anything BESIDES spam your little chat room, which just happens to have the same URL as your username?

Being there are 3 mods active in this topic, if there were something wrong, don't you think we would have noticed ? :rolleyes:

DanB
07-23-2005, 02:44 AM
well I copied afro's command into chatzilla but it didnt work?

Afronaut
07-23-2005, 02:46 AM
well, it didnt work for me either, but i clicked on the name in the main-window and voila :) (where it says teh error)

im there

DanB
07-23-2005, 02:48 AM
me too :blink:

Rip The Jacker
07-23-2005, 02:52 AM
I'm in. :01:

Afronaut
07-23-2005, 03:21 AM
gotta get me a real client, the chatzilla is hawt for chatting but
somewhat lited on other things...

Rick Phlegm
07-23-2005, 04:01 AM
Maybe I'll come in sober next time... :unsure:

Afronaut
07-23-2005, 05:03 AM

Its not required as far as i can tell,
RPerry gots his drinks going allrite...

RPerry
07-23-2005, 05:52 AM

Its not required as far as i can tell,
RPerry gots his drinks going allrite...

and Afro has been passing out free music, ya'll missed an wondeful treat :)

Afronaut
07-23-2005, 07:07 AM
And vids..

:naughty:

Peerzy
07-23-2005, 12:02 PM
irc://83.243.46.10/Kazaalite

Copy that into your address bar and click go and it will auto load mIRC and join the channel.

Snee
07-23-2005, 12:56 PM
You know what I'll just simulate the last time I was in there, in fast forward, like.

(Private tell mathingie)
Random weirdo: Hey!!!!!
Me: hello
Random weirdo: asl??????
Me: 25, yes please, in my chair
Random weirdo: wtf????
Me: asl
Random weirdo: I asked you first
Me: You did?
Random weirdo: wtf???????
Me: When?
Random weirdo: You suck

etc. etc.

It's überghey, 'k? Post a couple of times, if you can be arsed to cope with the inaneness, and you'll soon get an asl from some plank. Unless, of course, that's just me, 'cos my username is so sexy or something.

The most rewarding conversation I had in there I'm pretty sure I actually had with mathea in disguise, like.

(It might not have been this particular one, tho, it could have been called k-lite chat or something, but I really can't be bothered to try again)

manker
07-23-2005, 01:13 PM

Being there are 3 mods active in this topic, if there were something wrong, don't you think we would have noticed ? :rolleyes:*manker laughs out loud

Afronaut
07-23-2005, 01:47 PM
yeah, there's plenty ol asl

:lol:

Peerzy
07-23-2005, 02:08 PM
Being there are 3 mods active in this topic, if there were something wrong, don't you think we would have noticed ? :rolleyes:*manker laughs out loud

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/3107/roflcopter74gq7py.gif

Rick Phlegm
07-23-2005, 02:20 PM
Oh right, I thought that this was an official FST chat room for some reason. :unsure:

For lazy people that can't be arsed copying and pasting: irc://83.243.46.10/Kazaalite

Afronaut
07-23-2005, 02:23 PM
No, I think its just some old timers from the old #KLite room getting together.

:)

SugarFrosted
07-23-2005, 04:11 PM
You know what I'll just simulate the last time I was in there, in fast forward, like.

(Private tell mathingie)
Random weirdo: Hey!!!!!
Me: hello
Random weirdo: asl??????
Me: 25, yes please, in my chair
Random weirdo: wtf????
Me: asl
Random weirdo: I asked you first
Me: You did?
Random weirdo: wtf???????
Me: When?
Random weirdo: You suck

etc. etc.

It's überghey, 'k? Post a couple of times, if you can be arsed to cope with the inaneness, and you'll soon get an asl from some plank. Unless, of course, that's just me, 'cos my username is so sexy or something.

The most rewarding conversation I had in there I'm pretty sure I actually had with mathea in disguise, like.

(It might not have been this particular one, tho, it could have been called k-lite chat or something, but I really can't be bothered to try again)

Come and vist us anyway, I think you might be surprised.
This chatroom has had many addresses in the last few years, but we were never a part of the old #KLchat nor #klitechat.
Completely different places entirely!
Additionally, we have not tolerated asl in the chatroom for a long time now. We consider it rude.
Besides, people lie about it (at least the age part.) We prefer to get to know people the old fashioned way,
by chatting and finding out things a little at a time.
Like the fact that afro is a damn fine guitar player! WOW!

Afronaut
07-23-2005, 04:57 PM
... the fact that afro is a damn fine guitar player! WOW!

Is that the best marketing line you can come up with?
:lol:

Seriously, I got kicked by mentioning penis.
(yeah, i like to talk about my...)
:P
There's a vile filter innit...