PDA

View Full Version : How to throw a curveball

Legolas
07-22-2005, 05:53 AM
It seems that I've been all over the internet looking for a good detailed descriptive guide on how to throw a curvball in a baseball game. I was hoping one of you readers could point me to a guide or perhaps describe for me yourself how to throw a curveball in baseball. I would like to know the grips and etc. Thanks in advance.

brotherdoobie
07-22-2005, 06:12 AM
Choke' the ball (wedge it down between your thumb and forefinger), and cock your wrist to the left; the ball snaps down and to the right on release. The resulting pitch should drop and curve to the left.
-Yahoo

Peace bd

Skiz
07-22-2005, 09:13 AM
And do just the opposite for a slider. Bring your index and middle fingers over the ball to create a topspin. :)

Gemby!
07-22-2005, 10:34 AM
isnt that a game in the arcade ?

peat moss
07-23-2005, 01:17 AM
@j2k4, I love watching our little guys team play , their 10 but everyone of them hides their pitch in the glove before delivery. Its fun to watch they see the pros on tv do it. My Sabine asked why , I said don't know they only have one pitch at this age fastball . :lol: But its a good habit to get in to. :)

DanB
07-23-2005, 02:31 AM
touch yourself regularly

peat moss
07-23-2005, 02:43 AM
I try to see all my boys games but some times work interferes and I can't make it .But when he 's pitching I take time off work to see him pitch and give some support its a hard postion , a lot of pressure on one of such a young age . But he thrives on it . I'd like to think he wants me there because win or lose I try to build him up . :01: On the way home its always did you have fun ? Dad we lost .............. But did you have fun ? Yep, is what I always get ! :)

maebach
07-23-2005, 03:10 AM
practise :unsure: never payed attention to baseball. (posed cricket)