PDA

View Full Version : Bored? Watch my first 2 projects in Film Making class!

Rip The Jacker
07-23-2005, 04:02 AM
Are you bored with nothing to do? Watch the first 2 short films my group has made in Film Making class. So far I think everything we've made stinks, but it's worth watching if bored.

1. Obsession:
http://s18.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0LNGGL47EEZ9D1MXT516Y4Q9WE
Quicktime Movie, 11MB

Our first project. We were supposed to make a short film (1-2 min) about a word from a list of words. The word we picked was "obsession." So we had to make a 1-2 min film about Obsession. This film came out okay.

2. Blind Man
http://s11.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2FM9NQEY7PJTJ3G4WLVZMEC01B
Quicktime Movie, 11.5MB

Our second project. We were supposed to make a short film (1-2 min) using a list of story lines. Our story was "Jack is a blind student with an attitude problem." At the end of the film, there was supposed to be a twist. This film sucked if you ask me. It was completely written and directed by my two class partners.

Look for me in both videos, I'm the guy wearing a red shirt. :)

Guyver
07-23-2005, 04:06 AM
yeh im bored lol, checkin em out :D

Rip The Jacker
07-23-2005, 04:12 AM
Let me know what you think, because I'm sure they both suck. :lol:

Guyver
07-23-2005, 04:14 AM

first one was funny imo, at the end when he found his cell phone lol

BTW, awsome avatar

Rip The Jacker
07-23-2005, 04:21 AM

first one was funny imo, at the end when he found his cell phone lol

BTW, awsome avatar
I thought the first one was really corny, like when he falls down. Bad acting. :lol:

Thanks, nice avatar/sig combo, can't wait for Biohazard 5. :01:

Mr. Mulder
07-23-2005, 09:01 AM
Just watched them both, the last film I saw was Tremors 4, these were much better :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/mrmulder/pwnage.jpg http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v661/mrmulder/ownage.jpg

99%
07-23-2005, 09:18 AM
downloading

99%
07-23-2005, 09:36 AM
its great to see original work
not trying to be critical but..
the music has little or nothing to do with the story / mood of story - very distracting
In relation to obsession - i have seen still photos which say more... (aka your av to say the least) - your story line is very literal - ignoring friends/loss/anguish/joy - the two scenes which could be developed (or are most... interesting) is the ignoring of friend & stealing part. Why always the distance - no closeups?
Why not simply film 100s of people on your campus using mobile phones - its would say the same if not more
Blind Man was better cause its less literal - attaching a cam to a blind mans walking stick and simply filming what it sees could maybe.... or not?
nice start
got any more?

{I}{K}{E}
07-23-2005, 10:06 AM
I agree with 99% that the music (Obsession) wasn't a good choice.

I don't understand the second one.

was he blind or not? because seeing his reaction (taking of sunglasses) it looks like he is faking. but @ the end when the dude takes his stick he doesnt do anything.

also blind people tick their stick against sides of building etc... I didnt see him doing that. (if you dont do that you dunno where you are) he couldnt hit the dude hiding around the corner if he was blind because he could not know the wall ended there. :huh:

Busyman
07-23-2005, 12:52 PM
They suck Rip.

I still hope you get a good grade despite that. :)

I also hope I see better coming you and your classmate in the future.

I'm very dissappointed.

manker
07-23-2005, 01:10 PM

I'm very dissappointed.I'm equally disappointed with your poor spelling and sentence construction.

I'll give you like a six, for effort or something :dry:

99%
07-23-2005, 01:13 PM

10 for honesty

they suck Rip
if only i could be so direct

manker
07-23-2005, 01:20 PM
if only i could be so directIf only I could be arsed to watch them ;)

Busyman
07-23-2005, 01:21 PM

I'm very dissappointed.I'm equally disappointed with your poor spelling and sentence construction.

I couldn't give a shit.*

* Whether this is the correct version or whether I should or shouldn't give 2 or even 3 shits, I could or couldn't give a shit. If one struggles with this wording then simply get some pussy to get your mind off grammar. However, If you think that there is something, possibly, in the world that you do give 9 shits about, feel free to use whatever the fuck comes to mind since, if you could or couldn't give a shit, it doesn't fucking matter....now does it? ANSWER ME MOTHERFUCKER!!!. Thanks, and fuck yo mama.

manker
07-23-2005, 01:26 PM
You care enough to go to great legnths to show people that you don't care.

I think it's so sweet :blushing:

Busyman
07-23-2005, 01:30 PM
You care enough to go to great legnths to show people that you don't care.

I think it's so sweet :blushing:
True.

I copied and pasted that I....

I couldn't give a shit.*

* Whether this is the correct version or whether I should or shouldn't give 2 or even 3 shits, I could or couldn't give a shit. If one struggles with this wording then simply get some pussy to get your mind off grammar. However, If you think that there is something, possibly, in the world that you do give 9 shits about, feel free to use whatever the fuck comes to mind since, if you could or couldn't give a shit, it doesn't fucking matter....now does it? ANSWER ME MOTHERFUCKER!!!. Thanks, and fuck yo mama.

.....about what you said.

Great length is my dick size, not my effort in your dissmissal. :dry:

manker
07-23-2005, 01:32 PM
But you obviously do care. As I say, I think it's sweet.

You also care if people think you have a big penis or not. Awww, you're just so ... vulnerable :console:

Busyman
07-23-2005, 01:34 PM
But you obviously do care. As I say, I think it's sweet.

You also care if people think you have a big penis or not. Awww, you're just so ... vulnerable :console:
Damn ya got me. :(

Rip The Jacker
07-23-2005, 09:27 PM
Hey stop hijacking my thread. :P

Just watched them both, the last film I saw was Tremors 4, these were much better :D
Really? Thanks. :D

its great to see original work
not trying to be critical but..
the music has little or nothing to do with the story / mood of story - very distracting
In relation to obsession - i have seen still photos which say more... (aka your av to say the least) - your story line is very literal - ignoring friends/loss/anguish/joy - the two scenes which could be developed (or are most... interesting) is the ignoring of friend & stealing part. Why always the distance - no closeups?
Why not simply film 100s of people on your campus using mobile phones - its would say the same if not more
Blind Man was better cause its less literal - attaching a cam to a blind mans walking stick and simply filming what it sees could maybe.... or not?
nice start
got any more?
Yeah I know what you mean, the music for both videos was added at the last minute. We didn't know what to use for either videos, so we just put in anything. :lookaroun
About the no closeups thing, that was also a mistake. My teacher told me after watching the video, use more close ups, like when Calvin looked in his backpack for his phone after it got stolen. Attaching the cam to the blind man's stick would be interesting, but the camera's are kind of big, it would be almost impossible. :P

I agree with 99% that the music (Obsession) wasn't a good choice.

I don't understand the second one.

was he blind or not? because seeing his reaction (taking of sunglasses) it looks like he is faking. but @ the end when the dude takes his stick he doesnt do anything.

also blind people tick their stick against sides of building etc... I didnt see him doing that. (if you dont do that you dunno where you are) he couldnt hit the dude hiding around the corner if he was blind because he could not know the wall ended there. :huh:
Remember how I said the story was supposed to have a twist at the end? Yeah that was it, it turns out the guy isn't blind. He is actually pretending to be blind to bully people. I know, it's a crappy twist. :lookaroun

My teacher told us that too. The story was dumb because I releaved many times that I was not blind. Like hitting Calvin at the corner, or chasing those two girls. My partners thought those scenes would have been funny, but they ending up revealing the fact that I'm not blind. My partners kinda ruined the suprise while writing the story. At the end when he took my stick away, he revealing that I wasn't blind, and it was supposed to go on, but class ended shortly. :P

They suck Rip.

I still hope you get a good grade despite that. :)

I'm very dissappointed.
I know. :P

The point is, I had fun making those crappy short films, and I got good grades for them anyway. Thats what I like about film class, as long as you try, you pass the class. :)

Rip The Jacker
07-23-2005, 09:31 PM
nice start
got any more?
Not at the moment. On monday we are going to start our next project. We're supposed to make a commercial for a product. Any product. Want to suggest an idea for a commercial for some product? :)

Mr. Mulder
07-23-2005, 09:34 PM
boobies? :unsure:

{I}{K}{E}
07-23-2005, 09:34 PM
Want to suggest an idea for a commercial for some product? :)

condoms?

99%
07-23-2005, 09:38 PM
process.....
you now have 2 basic movies about xell phone & blind dude (both r products) hence improove them
develope from there
theachers love process

why not...um...filesharing...

but above all have fun your buddies probably love it

documentaries or interviews will get you further
than overacting in storyline mode

heres a movie made with a normal photcamera with a simple 2 min video -http://temp.modwest.com/atomicagedog.com/images/upload/beed_production006.jpg

the video seems to be down but heres the site anyway http://www.atomicagedog.com/index.php?page=207

Rip The Jacker
07-23-2005, 09:50 PM
boobies? :unsure:
I think it has to be an actual product. And... uh... appropriate for the classroom. :unsure:

condoms?
Uh... I don't think my teacher will approve of that. :P

process.....
you now have 2 basic movies about xell phone & blind dude (both r products) hence improove them
develope from there
theachers love process

why not...um...filesharing...

but above all have fun your buddies probably love it

documentaries or interviews will get you further
than overacting in storyline mode
Yeah we could improve our first two, but it won't change much. We've recieved the grade, so it's pretty much over with. It'd be cool to do a documentary on filesharing yeah.

I can't think of a product to use... it should be something funny at the end. :unsure:

Mr. Mulder
07-23-2005, 09:51 PM
condoms?
Uh... I don't think my teacher will approve of that. :P

catholics :dry:

Rip The Jacker
07-23-2005, 09:54 PM
heres a movie made with a normal photcamera with a simple 2 min video -http://temp.modwest.com/atomicagedog.com/images/upload/beed_production006.jpg

the video seems to be down but heres the site anyway http://www.atomicagedog.com/index.php?page=207
Damn the videos are down. At class we actually use Canon videocameras, I don't remember the model numbers, but supposibly they are $300 video cameras. I always thought my school was poor. :lookaroun

@Mr. Mulder
Well, it's a public school. If I did a commercial on codoms, and some student somehow got offended and told his/her parents, the school's principal, and my teacher would both get in trouble. I think that's why. :unsure:

99%
07-23-2005, 09:56 PM
product
cnn
fox
bbc

simply capture and sample the journalists entrance or exists statements
repetativly from different scenarios

product - money
film the exchange between you and shop owner in different shops - repetativly - relate to stock exchange

product - condomns
how to use in techno mode http://www.wasabi.ugtech.net/images/repent.html

boobies
http://www.pleix.net/movies/BeautyKit.mov

Rip The Jacker
08-13-2005, 01:47 AM
Bump.

Bored? Watch my final assignment in film class:

Rambo
http://s20.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=2JP63GSNADKQA2BCE4AZ75BOJ1
(20mb low-quality .mov file)

We were supposed to re-make a scene from a movie, my group decided to do Rambo. I have no idea what the scene is, or where the hell it came from, but yeah, it's supposed to be rambo. Pretty much 90% was improvised so it sucks, and my partner wrote the script/lines. Look for me, I'm the sargent who calls Rambo Rocky. :P

Also, we did end up doing a Geico commercial, I didn't get a chance to save it as a quicktime file and upload it. =/