PDA

View Full Version : streaming NFL games?

slim150
07-23-2005, 09:06 PM
I know that the TV companies have exclusive broadcast rights to NFL games which is why there hasn't been any pay for service to watch games over the Internet, but I learned about you footy guys using a program called coolstreaming to watch some matches. Do you think there will be / or is a progarm to watch nfl games live over the net?

maebach
07-26-2005, 04:42 AM
I don't know of any but if you find out pm me

Busyman
07-26-2005, 12:05 PM
I know that the TV companies have exclusive broadcast rights to NFL games which is why there hasn't been any pay for service to watch games over the Internet, but I learned about you footy guys using a program called coolstreaming to watch some matches. Do you think there will be / or is a progarm to watch nfl games live over the net?
Absolutely not.

NFL games get a tremendous amount of viewers from TV.

I usually only see that with stuff like Baseball 'cause their games are during the day (and fucking boring). :dry:

manker
07-26-2005, 12:15 PM
Absolutely not.

NFL games get the viewers on TV.

I usually only see that with stuff like Baseball 'cause their games are during the day (and fucking boring). :dry:Some of the coolstreaming footy stuff - which is what he's asking about - is done by a guy pointing his webcam at the TV. There's quite a lot of it goes on, apparently.

So there could be NFL too.

Busyman
07-26-2005, 12:38 PM
Absolutely not.

NFL games get the viewers on TV.

I usually only see that with stuff like Baseball 'cause their games are during the day (and fucking boring). :dry:Some of the coolstreaming footy stuff - which is what he's asking about - is done by a guy pointing his webcam at the TV. There's quite a lot of it goes on, apparently.

So there could be NFL too.
Ahhhhh :unsure:

maebach
07-26-2005, 03:26 PM
I hope so, or I'm gonna end up having to buy the NFL Bundle (can't watch all Oakland Raider games on nbc/abc etc.)

wrx04
08-16-2005, 05:59 PM
i got some last year with real player
i don't know if it will work this year

slim150
08-17-2005, 08:52 PM
i got some last year with real player
i don't know if it will work this year

where / how did you manage this?

maebach
08-17-2005, 10:23 PM
ye, I would love to know

slim150
08-20-2005, 08:21 PM
I think this is what he meant.

http://www.real.com/partners/nfl/fieldpass.html?brand=nfl&pcode=nfl&rsrc=nfl

although its just audio, plus it aint free. I'm still looking tho maebach. let me know if you find anything either

manker
08-20-2005, 08:33 PM
Just audio and not free :blink:

Deary me.

It's kinda ironic how I've been watching UK Puntsphere on ESPN (an American channel) all day yet NFL is nowhere to be seen on the whole interweb.

JPaul
08-20-2005, 08:34 PM
Have you looked at the peerzy pinned.

Does that do NFL.

Peerzy
08-20-2005, 09:17 PM
Have you looked at the peerzy pinned.

Does that do NFL.

Who pinned me :blink:

manker
08-20-2005, 09:18 PM
Good point, that new fancy dan PPLive might do it, not tried that yet.

Coolstreaming doesn't, not seen any ads anyhow.

I had similar problems finding live cricket (free live cricket) on the interweb.

Peerzy
08-20-2005, 09:30 PM
UK-ers will have issues with The Ashes next year as well, SKy have brought up all the live coverage for the next 4 years, and Five (urgh) get a 20 minute highlight show after midnight :angry:

manker
08-20-2005, 09:33 PM
UK-ers will have issues with The Ashes next year as well, SKy have brought up all the live coverage for the next 4 years, and Five (urgh) get a 20 minute highlight show after midnight :angry:Feck's sake! Teh cricket should stay on terrestial, especially the Ashes.

However, there are no Ashes next year so all the people who are good at this sort of thing have some time to sort it for Coolstreaming or PPLive :naughty:

Peerzy
08-20-2005, 09:54 PM
Yup, next 4 years (at least, SKY have the option to extend the contract for a further 4 years for half the price of the first 4 years)

Means at least no live Cricker for 4 years, be it World Cup, Ashes or some crap county game :angry:

manker
08-20-2005, 09:58 PM
This means I'll have to go to the pub to watch the cricket next summer :angry:

Wait ... :D :01: