PDA

View Full Version : death sentence in the uk?

Pages : 1 [2]

bigboab
07-31-2005, 08:30 PM
Please bear in mind that it was your countryman who suggested the death penalty was OK when there was "absolutely no doubt", it was one of mine who agreed with it. Tho' how he can support it (capital punishment) when you still work to the "beyond reasonable doubt" burden of proof is beyond me.

I was simply trying to explain that, as long as he used the word "absolutely", then that was a virtual and practical impossibility.

There are those of us who take the position that it is never right. Certainly not as a form of societal revenge. That is simply barbaric.

It would not surprise me if those who support it's use also described as barbaric the removal of a thief's hand as a form of punishment. Even tho' that is as nothing compared to the taking of his life. His only life in the view of our atheist friends.

Yes I find it barbaric to cut off someone hand for theft. But I still believe in the death penalty in certain circumstances. You can still get stone fro adultery in some of these countries. As opposed to Kilmarnock where you need to be stoned before you think of adultry.

JPaul
07-31-2005, 09:54 PM
But I still believe in the death penalty in certain circumstances.

There is only one circumstance where I can condone the death penalty. Starting a sentence with a conjunction. I'm sure you'll agree.

bigboab
07-31-2005, 10:29 PM
But I still believe in the death penalty in certain circumstances.

There is only one circumstance where I can condone the death penalty. Starting a sentence with a conjunction. I'm sure you'll agree.

Not as good as ending a sentence with a rope.:lol:

JPaul
07-31-2005, 10:45 PM

Not as good as ending a sentence with a rope.:lol:
That's just talking pish.

bigboab
07-31-2005, 10:51 PM
Yup. There doesn't seem any point in posting anything else.
If you are right your wrong and if you are wrong then you are right you're wrong.:blink: