PDA

View Full Version : Linkin Park Breaking Up?

iMartin
07-25-2005, 05:18 PM
My friend told me that he heard on VH1 that Linkin Park may be breaking up? :cry: Can someone confirm this for me? :ph34r:

Peerzy
07-25-2005, 05:21 PM
One can only hope.

Skiz
07-25-2005, 06:00 PM
I hope NOT. :ohmy:

LP is gonna lose it. :frusty:

NooN
07-25-2005, 06:07 PM
i've heard nothing about them since "In the end"
they should come up with another hit

lee551
07-25-2005, 06:21 PM
One can only hope.

agreed. :01:

n18
07-25-2005, 06:41 PM
One can only hope.
Agreed x Infinity.

ApacNTS
07-25-2005, 06:45 PM
guess they made enough money off of remixed songs and that whole hiphop over rock thing w/e the hell that was. shame tho, first cd was a good one still is.

GepperRankins
07-25-2005, 06:54 PM
i never expected them to make another album. maybe an official break up will mean they can go on and do other stuff guilt free. :ermm:

iMartin
07-25-2005, 09:15 PM
Their first cd was the greatest...after that it was just ok.

micolithe
07-26-2005, 03:07 AM
i've heard nothing about them since "In the end"
they should come up with another hit
Have you been living under a rock? Even the people like me who distance themselves from MTV as much as humanly possible know that they released Meteora, (which was actually pretty good, considering I hate Rap and terrible lyrics) and had several hits off of that, including Breaking the Habit, Numb, and Somwhere I Belong.

maebach
07-26-2005, 04:02 AM
One can only hope.

agreed. :01:

I hope so :)

masta.z
07-26-2005, 04:26 AM
Their first cd was the greatest...after that it was just ok.
these are the kind of comments i love... i assume by first album you mean Hybrid Theory LP which is their 1st full length cd but deffinitely not their first cd :p
*Xero
*Hybrid Theory EP
*Hybrid Theory LP
*Re-Animation and then all the rest

yes Hybrid Theory LP was a very good album, but if you're gonna say their "first album" then atleast make sure you get yer facts straight

hopefully they aren't breaking up, i havent found anything anywhere that say's they are or arent so i dont *think* they are but i guess we'll have to wait and see

S!X
07-26-2005, 05:08 AM
Fuck no they aint breakin up. Too bad they arent touring this year, id like to see em in concert down here in florida.

Guyver
07-26-2005, 05:37 AM
i hope so...all there songs sound the same to me lol

manker
07-26-2005, 11:10 AM
All boy bands break up eventually. Sorry kids, that's just the way it is :(

freak
07-26-2005, 11:46 AM
Fuck no they aint breakin up. Too bad they arent touring this year, id like to see em in concert down here in florida.

yeah there not breaking up! The reason theres no tours this year is becuase there working on a new album ;)

GepperRankins
07-26-2005, 12:58 PM

yeah there not breaking up! The reason theres no tours this year is becuase there working on a new album ;)
your daddy's not dead. he's just away on business

Arm
07-26-2005, 05:13 PM
Linkin Park sucks now go away and listen to real music.

iMartin
07-27-2005, 03:08 AM
I just love it the way people bash each other's taste in music, when all along I just wanted some feedback. Anyways, Xero was just the base music...they changed all the lyrics around, and it wasn't that great.

S!X
07-27-2005, 06:26 AM
I just love it the way people bash each other's taste in music,

Are you an LP supporter? :unsure:

Guyver
07-27-2005, 06:31 AM

I use to like them back then....when i had no taste in music lol..

S!X
07-27-2005, 06:37 AM

Even tho you dont like LP, Slipknot is a very good choice :D

Guyver
07-27-2005, 06:46 AM

Even tho you dont like LP, Slipknot is a very good choice :D
Yup lol.

Orange_Boy
07-27-2005, 10:43 PM
Hope this is true, get rid of this fake NU-METAL band for good, stupid asses always on TV even on the metal channels they come up 1 or 2 times a month.. only time will tell when NU-METAL ends for good!

iMartin
07-27-2005, 10:48 PM

Yes, I am. I've got all their cd's, plus the Hybrid Theory EP, posters, shirts, etc...I'm not into them as much as I used to, but just a few years back, I was die-hard LP fan. They're still good to listen to once in a while now.

*Oh...and that was sarcasim. :rolleyes:

GepperRankins
07-27-2005, 10:59 PM
in what way are linkin park fake?

Orange_Boy
07-28-2005, 12:31 AM
Because they try to mix " metal " with rap / hip hop when i say " metal " i mean the really cheap stuff which only kids like.

GepperRankins
07-28-2005, 12:41 AM
wow. you could actually be right. i went to copy and paste the definition of "fake" from dictionary.com to say something along the lines of "oops, experimenting with musical genres to achieve an original sound isn't there"

v. faked, fak·ing, fakes
v. tr.

1. To contrive and present as genuine; counterfeit.
2. To simulate; feign.
3. Music. To improvise (a passage).
4. Sports. To deceive (an opponent) with a fake. Often used with out.

maebach
07-28-2005, 03:53 AM
All boy bands break up eventually. Sorry kids, that's just the way it is :(

That's so true, girl bands too. But, I still don't understand why they made a hip hop rock album with Jay-Z, any logic in this?

Rip The Jacker
07-28-2005, 04:01 AM
I like quite of few of Linkin Park's songs:
Run Away
Faint
In the End
Numb
One Step Closer
Papercut
Points of Authority
Breaking The Habit

All good songs if you ask me, no remixes. :01:

MagicNakor
07-28-2005, 05:17 AM
Have you been living under a rock? Even the people like me who distance themselves from MTV as much as humanly possible know that they released Meteora...

I don't even *get* MTV. ;)

The only Linkin Park song I even remember being theirs is that godawful "Craaaaaaaaaaawwllllllling innnn my skiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnn."

:shuriken:

lee551
07-28-2005, 06:47 AM
i think more musicians hate linkin park than regular music enthusiasts. i think its because linkin park are not a very.... uh, technically graced band. most of their songs are simple from a music standpoint, and it angers people when they succeed over bands that are 7x (;)) talented and "hard/heavy."

suprafreak6
07-28-2005, 06:51 AM
linkin park was good when they were out i still listen to em but i dno :confused:

GepperRankins
07-28-2005, 04:02 PM
i think more musicians hate linkin park than regular music enthusiasts. i think its because linkin park are not a very.... uh, technically graced band. most of their songs are simple from a music standpoint, and it angers people when they succeed over bands that are 7x (;)) talented and "hard/heavy."
they found a formula that sounds good and sells records. anyone who's pissed at them for that needs a reality check. you can make your own sound or a pop one. occasionally someone gets them both down at the same time. these bands that are technically 7 times more talented and heavy should STFU feeling sorry for themselves because nobody likes their music

Formula1
07-28-2005, 05:22 PM

same here, their song, crawling, was the song what got me in to listening to some rock music (nu-metal that is) :lol:

lee551
07-28-2005, 09:41 PM
they found a formula that sounds good and sells records. anyone who's pissed at them for that needs a reality check. you can make your own sound or a pop one. occasionally someone gets them both down at the same time. these bands that are technically 7 times more talented and heavy should STFU feeling sorry for themselves because nobody likes their music

i didn't say the bands get angry, i said fans get angry when talentless bands that spoonfeed poser metal become successful.

i dont even dislike linkin park so much as i dislike the majority of major linkin park fans. the kind of kids who shop at hot topic listen to linkin park cuz they're "hardcore." ya just wanna slap them and say, 'you dont even know what metal is you sissy ass fools.'

Celerystalksme
07-28-2005, 11:49 PM

trent reznor comes to mind :D ...no wait u said talented and heavy :D

MCHeshPants420
07-29-2005, 12:28 AM
They're not awful, I like one of their tracks. Can't say I care if they stay together forever or drop dead this moment.

S!X
07-30-2005, 03:28 AM
i dont even dislike linkin park so much as i dislike the majority of major linkin park fans. the kind of kids who shop at hot topic listen to linkin park cuz they're "hardcore." ya just wanna slap them and say, 'you dont even know what metal is you sissy ass fools.'

OMFG. I bought a linkin park hat from hot topic like last week.its sweet. I dont listen to linkin park i think there "hardcore" cuz there not hardcore. :dry:

Arm
07-30-2005, 12:03 PM
http://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com/

:D Go there and download their Linkin Park video.

LINKIN PARK IS A ROLLER COASTER :boxing: :bag:

Skiz
07-30-2005, 12:15 PM
Sooo...did anyone ever find a source for this rumor?

lee551
07-30-2005, 05:49 PM
http://www.youhavebadtasteinmusic.com/

:D Go there and download their Linkin Park video.

LINKIN PARK IS A ROLLER COASTER :boxing: :bag:

:lol: :lol: :lol: the look on their faces :lol:

manker
08-01-2005, 03:07 PM
in what way are linkin park fake?They're fake because they got absolutely nowhere with their stuff. They got turned down several times by various labels because their stuff was shit.

When they agreed to be galvanised by Warner, they got taken on. Their whole sound, image and even hairstyles were managed by faceless record execs who wanted to appeal to as many people as possible.

The real Linkin Park disappeared forever circa 1999 because they were rubbish, the fake Linkin Park emerged shortly afterwards.

That's why I called them a boy band earlier. To me they're exactly the same as Boyzone or N*Sync.

GepperRankins
08-01-2005, 04:57 PM
in what way are linkin park fake?They're fake because they got absolutely nowhere with their stuff. They got turned down several times by various labels because their stuff was shit.

When they agreed to be galvanised by Warner, they got taken on. Their whole sound, image and even hairstyles were managed by faceless record execs who wanted to appeal to as many people as possible.

The real Linkin Park disappeared forever circa 1999 because they were rubbish, the fake Linkin Park emerged shortly afterwards.

That's why I called them a boy band earlier. To me they're exactly the same as Boyzone or N*Sync.
i did not know that.

any way to hear what they sounded like before?

manker
08-01-2005, 07:38 PM
Duno, I expect Warner burnt it :unsure:

Orange_Boy
08-01-2005, 09:36 PM
What...they are fake because they are nu-metal, they didn't sound any thing else except nu-metal and fans are just kids because thats what there music.. sound whatever is produced at.

manker
08-01-2005, 10:05 PM
What...they are fake because they are nu-metal, they didn't sound any thing else except nu-metal and fans are just kids because thats what there music.. sound whatever is produced at.What are you talking about?

The prefix 'nu' means contemporary. Nu-metal is metal that's produced nowadays, a band isn't fake just because they are still producing music.

Sure a lot of kids like Linkin Park but if you've seen a pic of their gigs, it's mainly adults. Even if it was just kids, that still does not make them fake.

What makes them fake is what I wrote, what you've written is drivel.

brotherdoobie
08-02-2005, 01:03 AM
Those who can, do. Those who can't become critics.

Peace bd

S!X
08-02-2005, 05:01 AM
What...they are fake because they are nu-metal, they didn't sound any thing else except nu-metal and fans are just kids because thats what there music.. sound whatever is produced at.

Linkin Park isnt nu-metal you fool. :rolleyes:

lee551
08-02-2005, 05:20 AM

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nu-metal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linkin_Park

http://www.google.com/search?&q=linkin%20park%20nu-metal&sourceid=firefox

i'd have to say linkin park is textbook nu-metal. :rolleyes:

Orange_Boy
08-02-2005, 08:23 PM

WOW you must be dumb...or a kid because they are NU-METAL
just fake.

Formula1
08-02-2005, 08:28 PM

ROFL, most rubbish statement i've heard...

S!X
08-03-2005, 05:22 AM

"Rubbish" eh? IF you linkin park experts on here wanna call em "NU-METAL"... so be it.

dsa16
08-03-2005, 05:28 AM
Would you want a tatoo of linkin park or announce your gay, enough said. :)

S!X
08-03-2005, 05:34 AM
Would you want a tatoo of linkin park or announce your gay, enough said. :)

Fuck you motherfucker.

lee551
08-03-2005, 06:08 AM

"Rubbish" eh? IF you linkin park experts on here wanna call em "NU-METAL"... so be it.

i cited sources, and its more than just a few people who think that... :naughty:

Cheese
08-03-2005, 07:16 AM

Peace bd

Are you suggesting that Linkin Park are going to split up and become music critics with that trite cliche?

brotherdoobie
08-03-2005, 09:53 AM

Peace bd

Are you suggesting that Linkin Park are going to split up and become music critics with that trite cliche?

No, I'm suggesting that those who critique music usually can't play
a fucking note. Cliche...maybe. Trite...never.

By the way, I am not a Linkin Park fan...nor am I a fan of those
who constantly insult others choice in music.

Peace bd

Orange_Boy
08-03-2005, 09:58 AM
Ok linkin park boy what genre is linkin park?
They are Nu-Metal and that's it!

manker
08-03-2005, 11:04 AM
Are you suggesting that Linkin Park are going to split up and become music critics with that trite cliche?Cliche...maybe. Trite...never.A cliche is, by definition, trite.

http://moderation.invisionzone.com/style_emoticons/default/dabs.gif

Celerystalksme
08-03-2005, 03:58 PM

I would call them pop-rock, i wouldn't insult them by calling them metal. Metal is for pussies.

lee551
08-03-2005, 06:26 PM

I would call them pop-rock, i wouldn't insult them by calling them metal. Metal is for pussies.
http://homepage.mac.com/ajsonego/lookatthis/headbang.gif
\m/etal!!

Orange_Boy
08-03-2005, 08:36 PM

They are Nu-Metal.. just go on any website ask any metal head and they say the same thing " Nu-Metal"
They use the same layout as any other Nu-Metal band.
Pop-rock is like coldplay etc

Cheese
08-03-2005, 10:16 PM

Yeah? And? So? What? I would say a person who can't play a "fucking note" has as much right to critique as some sad bastard who thinks they can play guitar to some loose tart who always does karaoke of a Tuesday night in the Dog & Swallow right up to some overrated "music god" like Jimi Hendrix.

Hell, having been surrounded by musicians most of my adult life I tend not to trust their opinions/critiques because they are such a bunch of pretenious cunts.

So your original trite cliche (trust me, it's trite) is just a non-statement. It doesn't mean anything of merit. It is just something crap musicians tell themselves to make themselves feel better about their crapness.

Those who can do, those who can't resort to trite cliches.

brotherdoobie
08-04-2005, 12:46 AM

Yeah? And? So? What? I would say a person who can't play a "fucking note" has as much right to critique as some sad bastard who thinks they can play guitar to some loose tart who always does karaoke of a Tuesday night in the Dog & Swallow right up to some overrated "music god" like Jimi Hendrix.

Hell, having been surrounded by musicians most of my adult life I tend not to trust their opinions/critiques because they are such a bunch of pretenious cunts.

So your original trite cliche (trust me, it's trite) is just a non-statement. It doesn't mean anything of merit. It is just something crap musicians tell themselves to make themselves feel better about their crapness.

Those who can do, those who can't resort to trite cliches.

I believe it was manker who pointed out earlier that trite was cliche,by definition,when he quoted me. (I was being sarcastic) You were just
being redundant as usual. Why did my comment offend you anyway?

I decided to edit my post. Cheese pissed me off and I posted a nasty
reply in the heat of the moment. I usually don't resort to such common
tactics. I'm not going to start now.

Peace bd

iMartin
08-04-2005, 03:13 AM
They're fake because they got absolutely nowhere with their stuff. They got turned down several times by various labels because their stuff was shit.

i did not know that.

Esaul, And One, Carousel, Part of Me, Step Up, Xero, Super Xero, some of their concept titles. They're hard to find, but they're out there. :shifty:

Celerystalksme
08-04-2005, 03:36 AM
I have them all, u can also check out chester's band before linkin park, i have both albums but i cant remember what they were called.

Celerystalksme
08-04-2005, 03:39 AM
I still have no idea why i downloaded all their stuff...i spose it was better than buying it all *shrugs*

iMartin
08-04-2005, 03:47 AM
The band Chester was in before LP was called Grey Daze, I've got all of their songs, they're not bad actually.

I'm looking for the website from which I got all these songs, I don't know if it's still up or not, but I'll report back later.

Celerystalksme
08-04-2005, 04:00 AM
Yeah i know the site you are talking about, havent been there since 2003 when i got all the stuff off them.

iMartin
08-04-2005, 04:05 AM
I think it was lpeffect.com but that's not up anymore.

Cheese
08-04-2005, 07:42 AM

Peace bd

Damn, missed that. Sorry I made you cry. :(

manker
08-04-2005, 11:31 AM
i did not know that.

Esaul, And One, Carousel, Part of Me, Step Up, Xero, Super Xero, some of their concept titles. They're hard to find, but they're out there. :shifty:I for one am not going to rest until I find these musical nuggets of undoubted wonder and magicfulness.

brotherdoobie
08-05-2005, 03:44 PM

Peace bd

Damn, missed that. Sorry I made you cry. :(

No problem twat...it was my time of the month anyway.
Do you have any chocolate? :)

Peace bd

Excuses
04-24-2006, 12:24 PM
All you people who respond to the post with a reply of "One can only hope" and all of you who are agreeing with that person, your entitled to your own opinion. However, just because a band shows up on MTV or any other station does not mean that they are a "boyband", it simply means that they are popular by a broad enough audience for it to be shown. Mike Shinoda created all of the beats, notes, sounds and most of the lyrics for their songs. Boybands by definition are all staged and playied out by their manager who tells them to do everything and whom of which gathers their lyrics from other sources.
Their songs can be repeatitive, I'll admit that, they are in no way once so ever a "boyband" that has to be the most ignorant statement I've ever heard in my life. If your "boyband" just consists of just 5 guys aired on MTV, then you really do not have much of an arguement. Boyband, haha... yeah I guess JayZ would just randomly collaborate with Backstreet Boys.

Excuses
04-24-2006, 12:26 PM
Oh, and they aren't breaking up... sorry for all you folks who were really banking on them to break up. Mike only made a cd of complete rap/hip-hop on his own venture, nothing more. You think if they were going to break up those songs would be on the LP website?

Excuses
04-24-2006, 12:44 PM
Oh and to the guy that said "galvanized by warner" wheres your information coming from your ass? Alot of bands have trouble getting started off, it takes the right person to listen to them and realize that the sound can work. Also, Slipknot, anyone can get a drummer, guitarist and scream into the mic thats not talent... its just screaming. YA MOTHERFUCKER ILL KNOCK YOUR FACE OFF AHHHHHHHHHH, I was annoyied by the second "note" if you can call it that.

Barbarossa
04-24-2006, 01:02 PM
I like the way you made 2 posts in 2 minutes, and then went away for about 20 minutes to build yourself up for a big rant in the third post :smilie4:

Welcome to the forum. ;)

Celerystalksme
04-24-2006, 02:12 PM
Your first 3 posts in musicworld were defending Linkin Park...

Your gonna fit right in =D

Excuses
04-24-2006, 05:47 PM
Well, I'm sick of people assuming shit about linkin park when they have 0 facts.

I.E Listen to Fort Minor - Get me gone on The Rising Tied.

lee551
04-24-2006, 06:07 PM
all you need is your EARS to tell you about linkin park. facts would be useless after that point.

MagicNakor
04-24-2006, 06:15 PM
Your first 3 posts in musicworld were defending Linkin Park...

Your gonna fit right in =D

Not only that, but from a thread near a year old. :P

cpt_azad
04-24-2006, 10:45 PM
Also, Slipknot, anyone can get a drummer, guitarist and scream into the mic thats not talent... its just screaming. YA MOTHERFUCKER ILL KNOCK YOUR FACE OFF AHHHHHHHHHH, I was annoyied by the second "note" if you can call it that.
I just love this post. He starts off on his first post about "people entitled to their opinions"...mmmm, hypocrite anyone?

Anyone with a brain knows that Joey Jordison...ok you know what I'm not even gonna finish this sentence (about Joey Jordison), it'd be a waste of my time.

Jim Roots+Mick Thomson vs. the guitarist (and the Mike Shinoda [who also has guitar duties on some songs I believe])....ya, no chance.

Taking out a fly with a nuke more like it.

If you honestly can't differentiate between riffs in their songs, get your ears checked. LP doesn't even use simple techniques like Hammerons and Pulloffs, and I bet they probably never even heard of Pinch Harmonics before. If you asked them what palm muting was they'd probably think of it as a dead note (1 string).

LP: I've become so numb, that I'm crawling in my skin! Faint! ahhhh With you I hate you ahhhh....ya ok this whole routine is getting boring...

Slipknot: Progression anyone? Ya first album was fucking awesome full out metal (if you actually think they yell in all their songs, then your preconceived notions outweigh your actual intellect) with some of the best riffs, drumming and lyrics. Second album not so much, but 3rd album without a doubt was leaps and bounds better not to mention PROGRESSION was involved where they didn't stick to one formula. They experimented because they weren't controlled by greedy managers and execs.

But in saying all that I still like some of LP's songs, and I try to be as less hypocritical as possible, and unlike some people I don't base my decisions on pre-conceived notions. When they come out with a 3rd actual album I'll listen to it just like I do any other. Here's hoping that it won't be a continuation of Hybrid Theory (which Meteora totally was), and if you try to point out that this is indeed a preconceived notion in the works, no it isn't.

And in face of all this, Slipknot and LP suck balls compared to other greater bands in the same genre or the true genre of Metal, while you have to keep in mind that Slipknot is infinitely better than LP at any given time. Yes, good old math creeping back in there somewhere.

edit: To actually address the post it self, yes, they are coming out with a 3rd album, they're (I think) almost done recording with the legendary Rick Rubin, so we shall see if they truly did progress (why else would Rick Rubin take the job?). Expect it to be out by June/July 06.

edit edit: Excuses, you obvioulsy don't know what lyrical content means, when I saw that post with the slipknot reference to ahh ill knock ur face off, i just had to laugh a bit, I'm sorry it was just a bit awkward. Comparing LP's lyrics to Slipknot's is ummm how do I put this, not possible? Like comparing 5 to infinity maybe? Considering infinity is a concept and 5 isnt ....

S!X
04-24-2006, 10:53 PM
Don't be hating on LP yo. :no2:

cpt_azad
04-24-2006, 11:01 PM
Don't be hating on LP yo. :no2:

I'm not, I'm just saying that they are (in my opinion and many others) very very stale and uncreative, this however doesnt make them fake as some people put them out to be. The problem with LP is that they don't have any comprehension of the concept of progression, either that or they're sticking to that one formula and planning to use it time and again to get rich off of it, which sadly (for them) won't work.

I just get a bit pissed off when people like Excuses start to bash other bands that are infinitely better than LP without any knowledge of the band in question and all their facts based on pre-conceived notions. If anything, that's being fake (and somewhat reminds me of Republicans too, sorry just had to say it :P jp jp)

Excuses
04-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Let me clearify myself, a song that doesn't consist of complete screaming. Build up and release in a song is great. When the song starts out with screaming, its ignorant & its for emo kids. Whos dad abused them as a child, and they have a release by listening to this thats all good with me whatever floats your boat. Noone is asking you to like linkin park, just don't make dumbass assumptions. I've listened to 9.0 Live, all of the songs, which consists of a mixture of all their "hits" right? A couple where OK, I mean the ones that actually had singing some sort of vocal talent. The thread isn't titled "Lets all post and bash linkin park". Also to you mr "Azad" everyone is entitled to their own opinions, hence the reason I voiced mine.

and I'm done, thank you please drive through.
Damn Canadians.

Excuses
04-25-2006, 12:01 AM
Your really coming here with your creativity argument? HAH, are you kidding me slipknot fan LMFAO. I don't even have to argue with this, just read my last post about them. Preconcieved, nope I've listened to their whole 9.0 Live album because my neice's boyfriend is in love when them.. 2-3 songs consisted of actual singing the rest... ignorant screaming. However I will admit, the songs that they actually composed well, and sang in sounded great.

lee551
04-25-2006, 01:18 AM
When the song starts out with screaming, its ignorant & its for emo kids

no, no, no, sir. don't confuse metal with emo-related stuff.

iMartin
04-25-2006, 02:15 AM
Wow...this thread is still going?

Excuses
04-25-2006, 03:30 AM
Anger = an emotion, metal = filled with anger. Shall I spell it out in simpler terms? Its a different type of emo, then you are familar with, its something you guys like to hide behind and think you are the shit, and it makes me laugh.

cpt_azad
04-25-2006, 04:20 AM
Anger = an emotion, metal = filled with anger. Shall I spell it out in simpler terms? Its a different type of emo, then you are familar with, its something you guys like to hide behind and think you are the shit, and it makes me laugh.
Your post is so ignorant and delirious that to post a reply back would be stupid, but you know what? I will, because if I don't I'll just end up like you, saying BULLSHIT and not supporting any of it.

Ah yes, the melovalent eyes of Excuses who sees all for what they/it truly is/are, and we, the blind, follow like sheep...ya ok, I don't think so.

Metal doesnt involve all anger and emo-related bullshit, if you actually bothered to listen to some Slipknot songs (and while we're at it, SLIPKNOT IS NOT FUCKING METAL) you'd realize that your ass truly belongs on your face, and that your rectum is your mouth.

Volume 3 (4th Slipknot album including MFKR) is a prime example of that, but of course you don't care, you're just an ignorant fuck that thinks he's better than everyone else and catergorizes genre's to his willing.

So let me guess, you don't like Metallica, or Iron Maiden, or Slayer, or or any of the classics? Of course of course I see why you don't like them because they're full of hatred and anger....ya ok refer to suck my cawk.

Seriously dude, if you want some civility or seriousness in your post, back up your facts, you're just making yourself look like an idiot. All this to defend a band that is hardly considered talented by anyone that isn't experiencing hormone fluctuations.

Post back when you're 18 or something buds.

And if this post is just a catalyst for you to post more stupid nonsense, please don't, save yourself the time and energy, go outside and play some sports or something.

LP is a crappy band (IMO) and hopefully Rick Rubin will kick some sense into them, furthermore Metal is not emo. I would love to see you backup your claims, and for the One Millionth Time, Slipknot is not Metal, it's just kickass music to listen to to get you pumped (or not, which is why I refer to Volume 3, but why post anything about that, you don't care do you? You're not ever going to listen to a masterpiece like that).

But, alas, in the end I know people like you are never going to change their one-track mind about something, for you do not allow any opposing ideas to exist in your comfortable little universe....even if those ideas are most likely right.

edit: Think we are the shit huh? I wanna be as non-mainstream as possible (and yes that makes me a hypocrite sue me, there are some good mainstream music out there I will agree to that). I hardly want to be the "shit" both literally and figuritavely, I'm me, an individual, a unique person, I don't wanna be the guy that stands next to me fuck that.

edit-edit: Oh and if you do bother to read this post, please read it all the way through not skim. Just because I like Slipknot doesn't make me an emo...I fucking hate emos (ya I guess you didnt read my sig). One last thing, where exactly did I "bash" LP? I just said they were untalented that's all, and I also said that they had some pretty good songs, and I did say IMO (in my opinion). Please good sir, backup what you have to say before posting. And listening to 9.0 hardly makes you the master, 9.0 = live = shitty = quality = crappy voice, go download Volume 3 before you say something else and listen to tracks like "Circle", "Prelude 3.0" and "Vermilion Pt. 2".

lee551
04-25-2006, 04:44 AM

you said screaming music is for emo kids. piss on emo kids first off, they dont come close to having the rights to screaming music.

all music is emotional, so isn't all type of music for emo kids?

spell it however you want to.

if you dont like loud/angry music, thats fine, but why hate on it in general?

LegendaryU2K
04-25-2006, 04:44 AM
Seems like alot of great bands break up for some stupid reason all the time.

cpt_azad
04-25-2006, 05:54 AM

Name a few, the only one that really comes to mind is Black Sabbath :stars:damn it I gotta get our more.

Excuses
04-25-2006, 08:30 AM

you said screaming music is for emo kids. piss on emo kids first off, they dont come close to having the rights to screaming music.

My point, people also like to catagorize LP with "emo kids" I was waiting for someone to say that, worked out perfectly. Also, why do people have to come into a thread that has nothing to do with Linkin Park being good or bad and have people bash it? Azad, I love how you come out with these big elaborate posts. I will give you this, you back up most of your statements slipknot is a hybrid genre just as linkin park, more "hardcore" but none the less a hybrid. I never said linkin park never got old they do, they have yet to make any progress towards maturing as a band. Now, its basically based on each other's tastes in music. I for one don't like every song LP has made, some of them are just dumb, others are great. Although, I have yet to see a band produce a cd that has consistant good composition. I listen to Slayer, Dream Theater, the songs I can tolerate. I was being a little condescending generalizing the metal genre or what have you I admit that, I got pissed off because people were making comments about a band that wasn't true. I'm not a fanboy, but I can't stand seeing people talk who don't have a clue about what they are talking about. Its arguing opinions, those types of arguements can go on forever. I will give those songs a listen, I'm an open minded person dude, so don't even pull that shit on me. You don't know me.

Oh, and I'm 20 so don't try the "15 year old" arguement.

MagicNakor
04-25-2006, 02:57 PM

Name a few, the only one that really comes to mind is Black Sabbath :stars:damn it I gotta get our more.

http://www.instantkarma.com/images/yokomenu2.jpg

lee551
04-25-2006, 03:24 PM

My point, people also like to catagorize LP with "emo kids" I was waiting for someone to say that, worked out perfectly....

I was being a little condescending generalizing the metal genre or what have you I admit that...

you've got me all confused with the emo association in all of this, so i'll just drop that since we all hate emo kids the same, i'm sure.

i'm glad you admitted you came down on metal wrongfully. don't bash screaming music just because you can't handle it.

and dabbling in a little teenie anger music (linkin park) doesn't really set you up for being able to discuss the metal genre with any credibility. i can understand your slight love affection with them (they're catchy as hell), and i can understand how you want to defend them against all the haters in here, but linkin park is one of those bands that's always going to be getting shit on (nickelback?).

edit: IMO all the bests END/DIE young. i'm a firm believer that bands can only go on for so long before they lose 'it.' it's really sad when they try to ignore that they're washed up and trudge on. case in point: metallica should have gotten in a fist fight and broken up a long time ago (like 4 albums back).

how 'the shit' would metallica be if they left us with only the legacy of their first albums? they'd be declared as the greatest band ever made!! (honestly, the first couple of metallica albums own anything)

but what happened? they hired a fucking therapist and worked shit out. can anyone find a soul that likes new metallica stuff? i can't.

Seedler
04-25-2006, 10:58 PM
I node it.:dry:

cpt_azad
04-26-2006, 03:21 AM

My point, people also like to catagorize LP with "emo kids" I was waiting for someone to say that, worked out perfectly. Also, why do people have to come into a thread that has nothing to do with Linkin Park being good or bad and have people bash it? Azad, I love how you come out with these big elaborate posts. I will give you this, you back up most of your statements slipknot is a hybrid genre just as linkin park, more "hardcore" but none the less a hybrid. I never said linkin park never got old they do, they have yet to make any progress towards maturing as a band. Now, its basically based on each other's tastes in music. I for one don't like every song LP has made, some of them are just dumb, others are great. Although, I have yet to see a band produce a cd that has consistant good composition. I listen to Slayer, Dream Theater, the songs I can tolerate. I was being a little condescending generalizing the metal genre or what have you I admit that, I got pissed off because people were making comments about a band that wasn't true. I'm not a fanboy, but I can't stand seeing people talk who don't have a clue about what they are talking about. Its arguing opinions, those types of arguements can go on forever. I will give those songs a listen, I'm an open minded person dude, so don't even pull that shit on me. You don't know me.

Oh, and I'm 20 so don't try the "15 year old" arguement.

Elaborate? Nope, that's just the way I am, so call it whatever you want. Secondly, just because you're "mad" about people who bash LP (once again refer to my old posts, I didn't bash em, I just said they're stale and in "limbo" if you will [non-progressive]) doesn't give you the right to generalize the Metal genre.

Also, Slipknot and LP are in the same category (Nu-metal), and ya as you said SK is just a bit more heavier, and has a much better lyrical content than "all" LP songs, which doesn't mean LP has some great hits out there.

And you are right on the fighting about opinions, no one wins those (unless you kill the other person...hmm...).

Glad to hear you're an open minded person, I'm just saying listen to what other bands (or for that matter people) have to offer before generalizing (which is also not that great in it self either).

Now lets all just drop this BS and get on with it, here's hoping LP releases a better album than Hybrid Theory+Meteora, better as in more progressed with a new formula (something Rick R. is famous for :) ). Either way I'll give it a listen.

cpt_azad
04-26-2006, 03:25 AM
My point, people also like to catagorize LP with "emo kids" I was waiting for someone to say that, worked out perfectly....

I was being a little condescending generalizing the metal genre or what have you I admit that...
you've got me all confused with the emo association in all of this, so i'll just drop that since we all hate emo kids the same, i'm sure.

Amen. I lied by the way, there is just one generalization I will make, all Emo's are fags. End of story.

Damnatory
04-26-2006, 05:57 AM

OH MY GOD, NO!! It's YOKO!!

Agreed. That was a sad seperation. Most people in my generation don't give the Beatles the proper respect they deserve.

Anger = an emotion, metal = filled with anger. Shall I spell it out in simpler terms? Its a different type of emo
If you were a musician yourself you would understand that all music is emotional. Music in itself is is mechanical, notes and tones, but to manipulate those notes and tones into a song that is in time, takes more than just mechanics, you have to feel the pace, feel the movement, and feel the timing. So I suppose I've now been branded Emo. :dry:

cpt_azad
04-26-2006, 06:48 AM

:shuriken: OH MY GOD, NO!! It's YOKO!!

Agreed. That was a sad seperation. Most people in my generation don't give the Beatles the proper respect they deserve.

Anger = an emotion, metal = filled with anger. Shall I spell it out in simpler terms? Its a different type of emo If you were a musician yourself you would understand that all music is emotional. Music in itself is is mechanical, notes and tones, but to manipulate those notes and tones into a song that is in time, takes more than just mechanics, you have to feel the pace, feel the movement, and feel the timing. So I suppose I've now been branded Emo. :dry:
Lawl, overlooked that one.

As for the whole emotion thing, ya word for word right Damnatory. If music isnt' supposed to be emotional then why the hell do I still listen to it? Above all, if music isn't supposed to make you feel, and move you then life isn't worth living I'm sorry. To me music is one of the few things that gets me through life, and I depend on it from a daily basis. If that makes me Emo by your standards so be it (I will hate emos till the day I die, "their" music really pisses me off and their whole lifestyle ahh, just wanna kill em all).

lee551
04-26-2006, 07:07 AM

Amen. I lied by the way, there is just one generalization I will make, all Emo's are fags. End of story.

i dunno, i kinda think some emo girls are hawt. :wub:

we could dive into a whole legit discussion on the topic of 'emo' in itself. i think there's a line between poser emo and a legit state of emo. :lol:

cpt_azad
04-27-2006, 05:02 AM
i dunno, i kinda think some emo girls are hawt. :wub:

we could dive into a whole legit discussion on the topic of 'emo' in itself. i think there's a line between poser emo and a legit state of emo. :lol:

You bastard, you think just like me lol

Ya, some emo chicks (ok obviously not the legit ones) are cute, not hot, just damn cute. Other than that they should either change their ways or die lol.

But ya, discussion or not, I think we can all agree that life without emos, both legit and poser, would be a whole lot better...except the chicks, they can still be emo for all i care, poser ones anyway.

Damnatory
04-28-2006, 08:41 AM
But ya, discussion or not, I think we can all agree that life without emos, both legit and poser, would be a whole lot better...except the chicks, they can still be emo for all i care, poser ones anyway.

I'm sure the whole Emo persona will be burned away within the next few years...

Personally, I believe the "metrosexual" life style Emos live, was an act of desperation to help ease the onslaught of homos of our generation into the mainstream morale.