PDA

View Full Version : They Don't Share!

oompie
04-11-2003, 09:30 PM
:angry: is it posible to block uploads to people who doesn't share? maybe a program?
I hate those people!

J'Pol
04-11-2003, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by oompie@11 April 2003 - 22:30
:angry: is it posible to block uploads to people who doesn't share? maybe a program?
I hate those people!
Yes, absolutely

Select the person who is not sharing then press the Alt key, while holding it down press the F4 key. That will stop them downloading from you.

clocker
04-11-2003, 10:21 PM
I hate those people!
I don't understand the obsession with this topic.
Are you this worked up about jaywalking and litterbugs?

dingoBaby
04-11-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by oompie@11 April 2003 - 16:30
I hate those people!
If people not sharing is the worst thing you encounter during a typical day, consider yourself lucky.
Now take a deep breath and count to ten.

Newton
04-11-2003, 11:07 PM
Some people arent stupid but ALT + F4 Closes the current active window, nothing else.. :rolleyes:

J'Pol
04-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Originally posted by Newton@12 April 2003 - 00:07
Some people arent stupid but ALT + F4 Closes the current active window, nothing else.. :rolleyes:
Which will stop the sharing.

clocker
04-11-2003, 11:13 PM
VERY elegant solution.

BigNoobz
04-11-2003, 11:45 PM
Is it possible the user has downloaded the privacy control, making it seem as though s/he is not sharing?

MagicNakor
04-11-2003, 11:56 PM
Yes. Although I think the privacy patch is largely only used by members of this forum. K++ is still a small fish in a big pond. ;)

Edit: clarification

:ninja:

clocker
04-12-2003, 12:16 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@12 April 2003 - 00:56
Yes. Although I think the privacy patch is largely only used by members of this forum.

Why do you think that?

DarkEternityNow
04-12-2003, 01:11 AM
alt + f4 wont stop them uploading from you...it will merely close the kazaa window and keep it running in the taskbar...

clocker
04-12-2003, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by DarkEternityNow@12 April 2003 - 02:11
alt + f4 wont stop them uploading from you...it will merely close the kazaa window and keep it running in the taskbar...
True, but "out of sight-out of mind".

MagicNakor
04-12-2003, 03:39 AM
Originally posted by clocker@12 April 2003 - 01:16
Why do you think that?
Because most people aren't running Kazaa Lite, or K++, or whatever you wish to call it. And a lot of the ones that are aren't into the whole "extensions" aspect, and don't get into the nitty-gritty. A number of people don't even know how to change the default name. ;) I know everyone that I've got to download K++ doesn't have any use for sig2dat, privacy patches, avi preview, etc.

Just an observation. But the privacy patch is likely not as widespread as we think it is.

clocker
04-12-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by MagicNakor@12 April 2003 - 04:39

Just an observation. But the privacy patch is likely not as widespread as we think it is.

That's probably true.
Where then do you suppose all this " kill the leeches" etc., is coming from? I always found most users files to be accessable ( when I bothered checking) and didn't much care when they weren't.

SAS
04-12-2003, 06:45 AM
One thing you got to think of is when they could be new to KaZaA Lite and have no file’s to share yet!?! :blink:

Regards
sas :ph34r:

J'Pol
04-12-2003, 08:25 AM
I find it strange that it is often a very new member who starts the posts which end up in fights.

Fortunately this one hasn't.

lawks
04-14-2003, 03:28 AM
The reason some people dont share is because they have a really small hard drive, and dont have the room to really store many things, its like that on my desktop atm, its mainly a linux box, but ive got windows on a 4 gig drive, so it cant hold a lot...

The thing is I think its ok for people to download without sharing as long as they have a list of files that they have that they are willing to let people see, and if they want anything then it can be arranged to be put on the hard drive for them to get.

RealitY
04-14-2003, 09:59 AM
I hate those people!
If you are truly wOOrried about this then...

1. Join the elite group at winmx (_INCOMPLETEMX_)
2. Set your Q to 1
3. Set up a retard auto responder "start me and I'll start you"
4. Monitor your ul and cancel those who do not share
5. Prepare to "suck" and "beg" for dl slots as you read no 3
6. Oh, and get off kazaa (and your piss pot).

To truly Give is to expect nothing in return.

Leech_Killer
04-14-2003, 04:23 PM
Just download 'Kazaa Kontrol', it'll kill'em for you. In Kazaa do a search for kazaaleech should be about 120Kb.

Acecool
04-14-2003, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by REALITY+14 April 2003 - 10:59--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 14 April 2003 - 10:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--oompie@11 April 2003 - 22:30
:angry: is it posible to block uploads to people who doesn&#39;t share? maybe a program?
I hate those people&#33;

2. Set your Q to 1
3. Set up a retard auto responder "start me and I&#39;ll start you"

To truly Give is to expect nothing in return. [/b][/quote]
Well it depends, sharing a file can cost a lot of money, sharing 70 + movies and have 1 lamer try to download them all and not share?

Why should I let him?

Hes not going to pass the movies onto somone else, he downloads them, burns them, deletes them, maybe watches them, i dunno

Lamers are well, lame.

metalrebelzz
04-14-2003, 06:06 PM
lmao that Alt F4 thing was hilarious, why don&#39;t u just press Ctrl-Alt-Del twice???

that will solve ALL of your problems......lmfao

cheers :beerchug: :D

clocker
04-14-2003, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Leech_Killer@14 April 2003 - 17:23
Just download &#39;Kazaa Kontrol&#39;, it&#39;ll kill&#39;em for you. In Kazaa do a search for kazaaleech should be about 120Kb.
Jeez, you can automate this foolishness?

ShareDaddy
04-14-2003, 06:31 PM
Originally posted by Leech_Killer@14 April 2003 - 11:23
Just download &#39;Kazaa Kontrol&#39;, it&#39;ll kill&#39;em for you. In Kazaa do a search for kazaaleech should be about 120Kb.
That program does not work well, there has always been a flaw with the Kazaa listing of other peoples files, sometimes it takes more than once to see if they are sharing, this program simply kills them first shot. Also most non-sharers have begun to share a single file, this will of course cause the Leetch killer to leave them alone. Do not use this program in my opinion, it hurts more sharers than leetches.

Acecool
04-14-2003, 06:35 PM
hmm, I just pressed ctrl alt delete 10 times

:-)

Win2k pro doesnt reboot u lol :-)

just that window shows up heh

Ynhockey
04-14-2003, 08:05 PM
Meh, yet another post like this... they&#39;re never going to end :(

Anyway, first of all, let me say that many have good reasons for not sharing. Some of the reasons are:

1) Dialup connection, where sharing kills your connection and lets you do nothing, unless you restrict your UL in Kazaa to a pathetic speed, which is almost like not sharing anyway.
2) They need to get a file immediately and have any sort of connection where upload hurts download speeds. Those people really share, they just stop for small whiles every so often.
3) Small hard drive shared by many people - my friend has this and it really sucks. He usually doesn&#39;t have more than 50 megs free and the rest is all installed stuff... nothing to share, no space to do so.
4) Privacy tool - simply blocks other from seeing the user&#39;s files, when the user is really sharing.
5) Just formatted their computer or something like that - nothing to share yet.
6) Don&#39;t know how to share - this happens mostly to computer n00bs and such who only got Kazaa by word of mouth or a recommendation without even knowing how to use it. Then they learned how to use it, but not how to share.

These are just 6 among many more reasons... so no need to get so pissed about the actual leechers out there who, unfortunately, make a very big part of the total users. The best way is just to ignore them - if a leecher downloads from you, no one&#39;s gonna get hurt. The only consequence is that a more decent user will not get your file.

RealitY
04-14-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by Acecool@14 April 2003 - 18:59
Well it depends, sharing a file can cost a lot of money, sharing 70 + movies and have 1 lamer try to download them all and not share?

Why should I let him?

Hes not going to pass the movies onto somone else, he downloads them, burns them, deletes them, maybe watches them, i dunno

Lamers are well, lame.
I know you hate LEECHES, I have heard yours and others statements before, but they are here as much as you or I. I think it&#39;s great that you probably have an external hd as I do. My drive is on and open to whoever whenever, again as I said before "to truly GIVE is to expect nothing in return". In this you can figure GIVE = SHARE. For those that don&#39;t share and do have large bandwidth (cable, dsl etc...), and a decent size hd, and that are only allowing 1 ul slot (true definition of a "lamer"), you are f**king assholes (there I said it). You should join in and STOP being a greedy slob, but I am willing to deal with your presence, because you will hopefully grow. By the way I have noticed these type of leeches in large numbers at winmx and is why I made the reference above.

In another post I wrote...

When this first came up, it brought up all the "feelings" about "LEECHES", well they will always exist. Some that I have talked to using p2p only pop in to get a file here and there and then they go. They could be considered "LEECHES" as well, and you could give them the boot as well and rag them in a message, possibly making their experience aggrivating enough so they stop using p2p and maybe never grow into a user with an external 100g hd thats on 24/7 as many of us are. It must be clear to truly give is not to expect anything in return, though we all take from here or we would not be here.

I am also curious how it cost alot of money?

fallenknight308
04-14-2003, 10:59 PM
Yeah, I hate leeching too, but its all part of the wonderful world of P2P.
If your on a dial-up like I am, just restrict your uploads to 1. this will conserve your bandwidth.
If your on cable, what the hell are you bitching about? I would kill to have cable or dsl&#33;
(some people are never happy) B)

fallenknight308
04-14-2003, 11:09 PM
Originally posted by REALITY+14 April 2003 - 01:59--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (REALITY @ 14 April 2003 - 01:59)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--oompie@11 April 2003 - 22:30
:angry: is it posible to block uploads to people who doesn&#39;t share? maybe a program?
I hate those people&#33;

2. Set your Q to 1
3. Set up a retard auto responder "start me and I&#39;ll start you"

To truly Give is to expect nothing in return. [/b][/quote]
Yeah I notice alot of people there are greedy assholes&#33; But I still use WinMX for Mp3&#39;s, and kazaa for software, and games.
I have found that you have much more selection of good bitrate Mp3 rips on WinMX, 192 and up.
Maybe its just the music I&#39;m into.
Don&#39;t get me wrong, I have found good music on kazaa, I just like WinMX for Mp3&#39;s.
Also, you can get an anti-leech tool called: mxmonitor. It works great, you can kick people based on how many files they are sharing 0-10,000 B)

MagicNakor
04-14-2003, 11:13 PM
Originally posted by REALITY@14 April 2003 - 23:42
...For those that don&#39;t share and do have large bandwidth (cable, dsl etc...), and a decent size hd, and that are only allowing 1 ul slot (true definition of a "lamer"), you are f**king assholes (there I said it). You should join in and STOP being a greedy slob, but I am willing to deal with your presence, because you will hopefully grow...
People also do run other P2P programs along with Kazaa. I usually have Kazaa, eMule, and Direct Connect (2 hubs) all running simultaneously. If I gave unlimited upload slots to absolutely everyone, I wouldn&#39;t be able to do much of anything else, and no one would be getting a decent speed.

I&#39;d rather have one slot giving 30kb/sec than five giving 0.05kb/sec.

SCOTT.GV.UK
04-15-2003, 01:04 PM
How do you know they are not sharing? they might be new users&#33;

Rocktron
04-15-2003, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by JmiF+12 April 2003 - 00:12--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JmiF @ 12 April 2003 - 00:12)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Newton@12 April 2003 - 00:07
Which will stop the sharing. [/b][/quote]
Hhahahahahahaa... NOT&#33; (Nice try though) This was not funny but nasty and stupid. They gave this advice to people on www.spelpunt.nl and if they did that they would loose points (and the one that gave the "advice" gained the points)

In this case nobody loses his/her point but only their humour (yet again gained by just 1 person.. you&#33;)

For being funny you need at least 2 people... (who will tell you if you are funny if your alone?)

Acecool
04-15-2003, 05:04 PM
I dont have an external hard drive.

Ive got a 40gb that is full just from installed stuff
80 gb for the movies which is full

Now look, IF one more person downloads from me, and isnt sharing files, I cant see them, I swear I will format that hdd, I have it all on cd anyway, whats next?

Ill use the 80gb for my windows, and the 40gb for storage, I am sick of leeches, 1 more = the plug for everyone.

J'Pol
04-15-2003, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by Rocktron+15 April 2003 - 17:56--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 15 April 2003 - 17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by -JmiF@12 April 2003 - 00:12
<!--QuoteBegin--Newton@12 April 2003 - 00:07
Which will stop the sharing.
Hhahahahahahaa... NOT&#33; (Nice try though) This was not funny but nasty and stupid. They gave this advice to people on www.spelpunt.nl and if they did that they would loose points (and the one that gave the "advice" gained the points)

In this case nobody loses his/her point but only their humour (yet again gained by just 1 person.. you&#33;)

For being funny you need at least 2 people... (who will tell you if you are funny if your alone?) [/b][/quote]
I did tell you no more olive branch.

You are a computer illiterate moron with dillusions of adequacy. Stop spouting your bad advice at people it is not helpfull. You are in short a half wit.

I really don&#39;t need externall validation from someone like you. I have tolerated your nonsense in the past out of a sense of community. Like I said in my last post to you, I won&#39;t make the same mistake again. Plenty of people have enjoyed and gained from my advice, humour and posting of sigs / hashes. It is more than can be said of you.

I have had a long hard day, I am in no mood to suffer fools. Now go away, you pathetic buffoon.

Is that clear enough for you.

Switeck
04-16-2003, 12:36 AM
Originally posted by fallenknight308@14 April 2003 - 17:59
If your on a dial-up like I am, just restrict your uploads to 1. this will conserve your bandwidth.
If your on cable, what the hell are you bitching about? I would kill to have cable or dsl&#33;
(some people are never happy) B)
In any case, set your upload BANDWIDTH (under the advanced tab) to something reasonable for your connection.

24 kilobits works decently for good 56k connections.
64 kilobits for slow broadband users.
128-512 for the faster broadband users...

I&#39;ve yet to find someone with an "infinite" upload speed...

rastilin
04-16-2003, 07:09 AM
Now look, IF one more person downloads from me, and isnt sharing files, I cant see them, I swear I will format that hdd, I have it all on cd anyway, whats next?

You expect every one of the 10 million users to care, grow up.

RPerry
04-16-2003, 07:47 AM
Originally posted by rastilin@16 April 2003 - 06:09

You expect every one of the 10 million users to care, grow up.
I still think this guy believes everyone on the network reads this forum. Most of the people that are on this forum really do care about the program and sharing. Acecool, you bitching at the wrong group dude <_<

Xanex
04-17-2003, 01:12 PM
Is that browsing bug still around?

The one which if they share a lot of files means that k-lite of kmd crashes&#33;

Xan

Switeck
04-18-2003, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by Xanex@17 April 2003 - 08:12

The one which if they share a lot of files means that k-lite of kmd crashes&#33;

Xan
Yeah, still hits me too -- as I search who I&#39;m uploading to for new files.

It seems cumulative -- if you get a search of someone who is sharing 1,000+ files that will mean the magic point which finally crashes K-lite will be LOWER. After awhile, it gets slower and slower till it dies...

J'Pol
04-18-2003, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Switeck+18 April 2003 - 02:16--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Switeck @ 18 April 2003 - 02:16)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--Xanex@17 April 2003 - 08:12

Xan
Yeah, still hits me too -- as I search who I&#39;m uploading to for new files.

It seems cumulative -- if you get a search of someone who is sharing 1,000+ files that will mean the magic point which finally crashes K-lite will be LOWER. After awhile, it gets slower and slower till it dies... [/b][/quote]
So, as I share well over 6,000 files I am doing people a favour by using the privacy option.

Rocktron
04-18-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by JmiF@15 April 2003 - 18:21
I have had a long hard day, I am in no mood to suffer fools. Now go away, you pathetic buffoon.

Yes it is JmiF&#33; Thanks for that.. ;)

This will be my last reply on anything you will ever say from now on... happy? I am&#33;

Doei&#33;

J'Pol
04-18-2003, 09:10 AM
Originally posted by Rocktron+18 April 2003 - 10:05--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Rocktron @ 18 April 2003 - 10:05)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin--JmiF@15 April 2003 - 18:21

Yes it is JmiF&#33; Thanks for that.. ;)

This will be my last reply on anything you will ever say from now on... happy? I am&#33;

Doei&#33; [/b][/quote]
Ecstatic you sanctimonious cretin.

Xanex
04-18-2003, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Xanex@17 April 2003 - 14:12

Xan

Yup looks like it is.

I think that privacy option as mentioned above is a good way to prevent this.

So i ask the question:

If you cant see if someone is sharing ask, are they shairing a lot of files? because if they are would i rather that i couldnt see that they have 6000+ files or TRY to see and it crash my k-lite?

by enabling the privacy option they arnt stopping people from dling from them, they just might want to keep ur program from crashing.

Its why i rarely ever bother to check wot files someone is sharing anymore, fed up of crashes.

The sooner this is fixed then we might think about taking off the provacy thing, tho the RIAA thing is another reason. You may get peer gaurdian but the ip address&#39; are not updated quick enough and one might just slip through
Xan

J'Pol
04-18-2003, 10:56 AM
You&#39;re absolutely right. It doesn&#39;t stop people sharing from me, they do all the time. It just stops me crashing their computer if they try to view.

They should be able to work it out. If they are downloading from me, and a view says no files shared then it should be obvious I have the patch switched on.

Xanex
04-18-2003, 11:08 AM
Yea but then you get the obligitory bastard who cant put 2 and 2 together.

So many people on this board are assholes anyway (not saying who, i have my opinions)

they seem to be all in your face about disliking leeches when infact they make me think that they are leeches themselfs, to qoute from another post of mine:

If a guy on a 14.4 is sharing god bless him, he&#39;s is trying even tho he has shitty stuff, but if he doesn&#39;t share i couldnt give a rats ass anyway cos its not like we are going to miss his contribution any way, best we&#39;d get off him is 1k and thats it.

I mean come on lets bash him around a bit shall we, he&#39;s putting so much strain on the network, he can download a mean 10 megs an hour wow speed daemons aint he&#33;&#33;&#33;

the majority of people are 56kers, there are others who have super fast BB faster than mine, and since we are but a handful of people on this network then it more to assume that they are kmd users, so what are you going to do, bitch on the kmd forum, grow up.

there will always be leeches, people are infact leeches, if ur dling then u are leeching anyway regardless if ur sharing. to truly be the santimonius bastard that some are you would have to give more than you take, and let me ask how many do that. you cant ul the same ammount if ur dling at the same time, the connection is slower upstream.

I would if i had the money to spend on a bigger HDD, you people with ur external 100gig hdd&#39;s are seriously spoilt brats. im a uni student and i have £3800 to last me the year, thats rent food etc etc, not alot left of that after tuition fees and rent im glad if ive got enough money to go out on a friday nite. so thank yourselfs lucky that u do have a 100gig external hdd but dont blame others for having shitty comps or connex

Xanex

J'Pol
04-18-2003, 11:26 AM
I have to admit to being a spoilt bastard.

On my own computer I use removable drives in caddies. There are 2 x 40 Gb drives. One for running the computer, programmes etc. The other is used just for file sharing. Theres about 6,500 files or around 32 Gb and rising. I prefer caddies to external drives as it means you can use normal hdds which are much cheaper and I can swap the very easily.

I do this thro an NTL Broadband connection which is attached to a router. The router is connected to my computer by wire. It is also connected to a wireless receiver so that the two computers upstairs can be connected using that system. It also allows my Good Lady to be connected via her laptop, so she can use it anywhere in the house, or garden. In theory up 1,000 feet from the receiver actually, but I haven&#39;t tested that.

However I have worked hard for around 25 years to to this position. So if I am spoilt then it is because I am spoiling myself. I really think that I deserve it.

Xanex
04-18-2003, 11:37 AM
Then my good man my quabble is not with you you have earned it. Its with those people who are just given these things I am gratefull for anything I recieve.

The problem lies with the innate human nature not to share anyway, and it seems to be ripe with thsoe spoilt rich kids.

After i get my degree there will be nothing stopping me from buying the most uber PC you&#39;ll ever see, but as you so rightly put I deserve it. So i would not say that you are a spoilt brat far from it, just a nice normal guy sharing his "wealth", all beit 6000+ files

Gratz to u

Xan

J'Pol
04-18-2003, 11:50 AM
I do share what little wealth I have in other ways. It would be very tacky to discuss exactly how. I just feel that, even tho we have worked very hard to get where we are we are still quite lucky. We have had our share of set-backs but by working together we have got over them.

A lot of hard working people fall on misfortune thro no fault of their own. Who knows when the proverbial bus will hit you or one of yours. So we like to give a little back where we can.

Incidentally it&#39;s good to see the student nature hasn&#39;t changed too much in all these years. I mean that in a good way.

blondemom14020
04-22-2003, 12:27 AM
just to let you know some of don&#39;t share because we can&#39;t figure out how.I am an example of that I have been trying to for weeks and I can&#39;t seem to get them to share. So you may wan&#39;t to keep that in mind.

jetje
04-22-2003, 12:33 AM
click the find media to share and follow the screens that come up... it can&#39;t be that hard...

Today had a check up day.. checked most of the uploaders... think over 80% didn&#39;t share...
I cut them and the next non sharder came on line.. Ofcourse a nice pm and if they didnt reply or started sharing it was goodbye... checked over 100 people.....&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;&#33;
And everyone is wondering why Kazaa is that slow these days... <_<

blondemom14020
04-22-2003, 01:19 AM
well you maynot think it is hard to get them to import you are wrong for some reason they won&#39;t no matter how hard I try to get them to import. I go through all tyhe screens <_<

slammy_dunken
04-22-2003, 01:41 AM
Leeching to me is equivalent to stealing. Both of those things take something without giving anything back in return. And neither of them fit into society well. Nobody likes robbers, and nobody likes leechers too. But not much people can stop them. Cops can&#39;t prevent all robberies from happening. It can&#39;t be stopped, but it can be prevented. Even if people remove the &#39;Disable Sharing&#39; option, leechers can find other ways not to share, like move all their files to another folder.

Some people are innocent though. For example, the people with a slow connection (like 56k) can&#39;t share because of their connection. Some people have an intention of sharing but they can&#39;t for some reason.

All I can say is this:

Fit In, Or Fuck Off.
(Quote was by Greg Lemon @ liveNIRVANA&#33;)

little_drunkard
04-22-2003, 01:46 AM
OK, look people. you gota remember some of us r only 56K modem users, how can we share files, if we share we lose all are bandwidth and can&#39;t download&#33; all you people on like T1 and cable are fine. but it takes us so long to downlaod anything&#33;&#33;&#33; so give us a break&#33;

Unplugged
04-22-2003, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by lawks@14 April 2003 - 03:28
The reason some people dont share is because they have a really small hard drive, and dont have the room to really store many things, its like that on my desktop atm, its mainly a linux box, but ive got windows on a 4 gig drive, so it cant hold a lot...

The thing is I think its ok for people to download without sharing as long as they have a list of files that they have that they are willing to let people see, and if they want anything then it can be arranged to be put on the hard drive for them to get.
If you havent got a super large HDD then what are you downloading ti fill it up?

Nobodys asking you to share 1000 mp3s but at least share what you have downloaded i usually dont have a problem with non-sharing modem users however im downloading Ghoast Ship at the moment at 10k a second of about 15 people with modems if they all diabled it I would get 1k and and be here all night. At the same time ive got one person uploafing at 10k and another at 3k (Obviously another modem user)

If I see an upload going at more than 10k a second and 4 searched go without finding files I kick em.....
If they are also on low and not sharing they get booted

Sometimes if there getting more than 10 and have like 2 crappy mp3s and a rating of 1 I usually kick em as well. The basis of a p2p network is to send and recieve files not just leech away..... most of these leecehrs who download files using all my bandwidth probably burn them onto CD and try and flog em anyway

Most modems start at 7 and usually end up lagging it around 4-5k a second anyway why not limit your uploads to 1 or 2 k it may not make a siggnificant difference but the 2k a second for the 10-20 minutes you spend downloading that mp3 that your modem is not using could save someone time later on.

Somebody1234
04-24-2003, 05:46 PM
Has anyone tried out the latest Kazaa Kontrol version 2.75 Released (4/15/03)? I would like to know if it works any better that the older version.

You can now verify a leech. Under Beta 2.40 sometimes search results do not come back and a person is bumped although they are sharing files, this problem is eliminated with the Verify Leech option.
http://www.kazaakontrol.com/

Has anyone found this version on Kazaa? I&#39;m searching for it and if I find something I&#39;ll tell you.

Knightfire
04-24-2003, 11:48 PM
I need some help from one of you experts on Kazaa. I cannot get my system to share the files I have. What is up with this? How can I correct this problem? I changed operating systems and now it will not share. All of my files were still there and it will download but no one can upload from me. I do not want to be stingy with my files and I have many more to share beside the ones I downloaded here. :( :( :(