PDA

View Full Version : Ideas for a funny commercial?

Rip The Jacker
07-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Hey everyone. I'm in my film making class right now with about 1 hour 30 min of class left. We need to film a commercial, something we hope to be funny, and at least one minute long.

So my question is this... does anyone have any ideas? :P It has to be "school appropriate," at least one minute long, and hopefully funny.

Our current idea. A Geico commercial. Those Geico car insurance commercials where two guys are talking, and at the end, someone at random goes "I have good news, I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico." But we can't think of a scene to film. Something that can be done easily on campus without props and stuff....

Any ideas? :)

EDIT: I really thought this one was silly:
http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=18573 :P

Mr. Mulder
07-27-2005, 03:45 PM
talking boobies would be funny? :unsure:

Barbarossa
07-27-2005, 03:58 PM
swingers club? someone could nick the car-keys ... :unsure:

|F1|
07-27-2005, 03:58 PM
You have *, but there is good news, I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I think we have to see other people, but there is good news, I just saved a bunch of money by switching to geico.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your * died in a terrible crash, but there is good news, I just saved a bunch of money by switching to geico.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have to amputate your *, but there is good news, I just saved a bunch of money by switching to geico.
Substitute * with anything.

they suck but they are better then nothing.

Rip The Jacker
07-27-2005, 04:07 PM
You have *, but there is good news, I just saved a bunch of money by switching to Geico.
I think we have to see other people, but there is good news, I just saved a bunch of money by switching to geico.
Your * died in a terrible crash, but there is good news, I just saved a bunch of money by switching to geico.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We have to amputate your *, but there is good news, I just saved a bunch of money by switching to geico.
Substitute * with anything.

they suck but they are better then nothing.
Hmmm... the "we have to see other people" can come out pretty funny with some effort. Thanks for the suggestions...

@Mr. Mulder
Talking boobies would be kinda hawt, but I'm not sure about funny. :unsure:

@Barbarossa
Can you stretch that to a minute long? :unsure:

I think I found a better idea overall, we're thinking about re-doing this commercial (without the animals):
http://www.visit4info.com/details.cfm?adid=22197&type=coolad&startrow=21

What do you guys think of that commercial?

|F1|
07-27-2005, 04:18 PM
I think the commercial is funny, but it might be hard reenacting it with humans. But if you guys can figure it out go for it.

Mr. Mulder
07-27-2005, 04:18 PM
@Mr. Mulder

they could tell jokes and stuff, jokes about boobies? :unsure:

Rip The Jacker
07-27-2005, 04:27 PM
@Mr. Mulder

So... uh... boobies that talk.... and uh... tell jokes.... uh... about boobies?

Brilliant! Let's film. :01:

Wait, I just remembered I don't have boobies, and my group partners are guys. Where am I supposed to get boobies from? :(

@F1
Yeah it will be harder, we're gonna give it a shot. :)

Barbarossa
07-27-2005, 04:31 PM
I'll tell you what would be funny, doing a commercial with chin-heads!!

i.e. upside down chins with eye's stuck on them, umm.. like this: (a bit)

http://www.sadgeezer.com/RedDwarf/6-3-03.jpg

Rip The Jacker
07-27-2005, 04:33 PM
That's some freaky stuff. :ermm:

Are... um... chin-heads like products... or... what... :wacko: :P

Mr. Mulder
07-27-2005, 04:37 PM

Wait, I just remembered I don't have boobies, and my group partners are guys. Where am I supposed to get boobies from? :(

they can be found on most women and girls, do you have any of those in your class? :unsure:

Rip The Jacker
07-27-2005, 04:40 PM

they can be found on most women and girls,
:ohmy: Why wasn't I informed?! :P

do you have any of those in your class? :unsure:
Yeah plenty. :naughty:

"Hi. I'm doing a commercial about boobies that tell jokes. Can I borrow your boobies for about ten minutes? Thanks!"
/Starts pulling on breasts.

Like that? :unsure:

Mr. Mulder
07-27-2005, 04:43 PM
sounds like a plan jackie chan :01:

Rip The Jacker
07-27-2005, 04:46 PM
Alright. :01:

But if I get slapped I'm going back to the Pepsi commercial idea. :P

99%
07-27-2005, 04:58 PM
[QUOTE=Mr. Mulder]

"Hi. I'm doing a commercial about boobies that tell jokes. Can I borrow your boobies for about ten minutes? Thanks!"
/Starts pulling on breasts.

Like that? :unsure:

:lol:
or Hi do you want to become internet Famous? :naughty:
seems alot of gurls do

99%
07-27-2005, 08:20 PM
A couple of friends and I got bored one afternoon, so we went to some woods near campus and filmed a movie. It has 0 plot, 0 worth, and more than likely you'll watch it and realize you'll want your minutes back. But, I figured I'd share it anyway.

Click here to waste your time (http://www.infectedmind.com/studio/PURSUIT.zip)