PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Xbox 360....

SingaBoiy
07-29-2005, 07:03 PM
...pre-ordered :P

:lol:

Anyways, wanted to know when everyone else might get theirs. And what they were looking forward to in the 360.

Also preordered Madden '06, Call of Duty 2 and Perfect Dark Zero.

Cant wait to play so 50 player PDZ on XB Live for free :01:

EDIT: Forgot to include that i barely made the list for the 2nd shipment in my area. So ill get mine alittle before Christmas.

G2k1boy
07-29-2005, 09:48 PM
i thought online play required a fee and the free stuff was just content?

SingaBoiy
07-29-2005, 10:21 PM
Nope, online service is free... content cost money. Thats how it should be :)

j0nathan
07-30-2005, 01:50 AM
How much did you pay or going to pay ?? :huh:

Guyver
07-30-2005, 02:19 AM
im prolly not gonna pre-order, ill wait till it dies down and buy one.

asmithz
07-30-2005, 02:39 AM

Thats what i'll be doing unfortuanly.

Busyman
07-30-2005, 02:44 AM
The only place that they run out of new console/games is places that have pre-orders.

I always laugh at folk that make sure they pre-order while I casually go to Toys R Us or Circuit City and pick up my non pre-order. :dry:

The folks at Gamestop always like pull the "don't you want to guarantee that you'll have the system on launch day?!!! :w00t: "

Uhhhhhh..

no...I don't :mellow:

asmithz
07-30-2005, 02:46 AM
The only place that they run out of new console/games is places that have pre-orders.

I always laugh at folk that make sure they pre-order while I casually go to Toys R Us or Circuit City and pick up my non pre-order. :dry:

The folks at Gamestop always like pull the "don't you want to guarantee that you'll have the system on launch day?!!! :w00t: "

Uhhhhhh..

Hey remeber the lunch of the DS, they ran out of units. I think it was the same with the XBox, ran out so it was hard to get.

Busyman
07-30-2005, 02:59 AM

Uhhhhhh..

Hey remeber the lunch of the DS, they ran out of units. I think it was the same with the XBox, ran out so it was hard to get.
They ran out in the newspapers.

I was able to find DS's and Xbox's on launch day and I wasn't itchin' to buy one.

Folks who have to have that shit on launch day are geeknutty anyway. Reminds me of folks camping out to see Revenge Of The Shit at midnight ffs.

I bought my tickets online and picked them up to see it 2 days later.

I don't know what the DS had for lunch btw. What units? Energon cubes?

asmithz
07-30-2005, 03:03 AM
Yea... your right. I didnt look hard, just gamestop and Toys R' Us

Busyman
07-30-2005, 03:26 AM
The main thing is not to feel like you missed out by not being a first adopter.

Most likely you won't die before that next shipment and if you do....you won't care about an Xbox.

asmithz
07-30-2005, 03:33 AM

Most likely you won't die before that next shipment and if you do....you won't care about an Xbox.

He He, but its always fun to have the new gaget first. :-p

I'll just have to go over to KLB's house and mess with his till i get mine. :-p

Busyman
07-30-2005, 03:36 AM

Why?

asmithz
07-30-2005, 03:37 AM
Why?

Why woulnt be fun, I dunno IMO it's just fun to be able to touch a new product when it comes out and mess with the new features.

Busyman
07-30-2005, 03:40 AM
Why?

Why woulnt be fun, I dunno IMO it's just fun to be able to touch a new product when it comes out and mess with the new features.
It will be the same product in a week's time.

asmithz
07-30-2005, 03:47 AM

Yea I understand, but I am saying for me I like to play them first. Thats all, but yea for Xbox 360 I feel I can wait for it. Really not looking forward to paying $400 for the system, and then pay for the games. Thats bullshit, I can't afford ATM.

Busyman
07-30-2005, 04:39 AM

Yea I understand, but I am saying for me I like to play them first. Thats all, but yea for Xbox 360 I feel I can wait for it. Really not looking forward to paying $400 for the system, and then pay for the games. Thats bullshit, I can't afford ATM.
Good at least something like "affordation" will keep you at bay. Jeez. :ermm:

SingaBoiy
07-30-2005, 05:48 AM
No, they're gonna be totally different 1 week after launch :rolleyes:

Its not about having a different piece of hardware... its about be able to enjoy it the first time everyone else is... and to show it off to your friends :)

asmithz
07-30-2005, 06:59 AM

Its not about having a different piece of hardware... its about be able to enjoy it the first time everyone else is... and to show it off to your friends :)

Thats exactly what i am saying

Busyman
07-30-2005, 02:37 PM

Cool, for me it would be just the opposite. (a new piece of hardware)

I couldn't give a shit about being first or showing it off. It makes it sound like a jealousy thing if you don't have one when someone else does. Now it makes sense when I saw people say "that guy is lucky" regarding the boy with the leaked "360".

It must be an age thing.

willhub
07-30-2005, 03:34 PM
xbox 360 may not be as good as you think is it, why is everyone so exited about it, lol, save up, build a decent computer, if u ask me the xbox 360 is a waste of money, same with ps3, even tho i think ps3 is going ot be better and i am a playstation fan, i aint going to buy a ps3 untill it comes right down in price, i will use my money to buy a decent computer, stuff consoles for now, they had there time, now pc's are taking over.

n18
07-30-2005, 04:18 PM
You are wrong about xbox live. You can chat for free and make a profile. but to paly online you need to pay. it said so in electronic gaming monthly :P

willhub
07-30-2005, 04:38 PM
ooo chatting lol, wow can do that on pc :p, in games and out of games, lol there may be advantages about having an xbox over a pc but more advnatages for pc :p, i maybe wrong, but then again, i may not be wrong.

SingaBoiy
07-30-2005, 10:00 PM
xbox 360 may not be as good as you think is it, why is everyone so exited about it, lol, save up, build a decent computer, if u ask me the xbox 360 is a waste of money, same with ps3, even tho i think ps3 is going ot be better and i am a playstation fan, i aint going to buy a ps3 untill it comes right down in price, i will use my money to buy a decent computer, stuff consoles for now, they had there time, now pc's are taking over.
:lol:

You go out and spend $400 on a pc, we'll see if you get graphics as good as the 360 and the PS3. ;)

Yea n18, you're right, only get chat, profile and content for free.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/xbox360/factsheet.htm

suprafreak6
07-31-2005, 06:20 AM

Thats what i'll be doing unfortuanly.

same :w00t: