PDA

View Full Version : Vista Problems

asmithz
07-30-2005, 01:35 AM
Just wondering if anyone has installed Vista. I have and am experanicing some problems. I cant get alot of programs to run, such as AIM and MSN Messanger. Also I am not sure what to do about my display drive, since its only for Windows XP and below.

BawA
07-30-2005, 02:15 AM
as i told u, u must wait some time untill a new windows becomes more campitiabe with apps, just like windows xp, lots of apps didnt work with it untill compinies made it work with xp.

tesco
07-30-2005, 02:18 AM
You'll have to wait for those things to be released for vista. :(

You could try trillian or some other msn/aim alternatives to see if they work tho.

peat moss
07-30-2005, 02:18 AM
I'm not useing it but this sounds familar ? It's a beta tho so get used to it or wait for the final like the rest of us . There was a thread abou it here about the same problem .....darn if I can find it tho . Something about network connections .

asmithz
07-30-2005, 02:26 AM
I'm not useing it but this sounds familar ? It's a beta tho so get used to it or wait for the final like the rest of us . There was a thread abou it here about the same problem .....darn if I can find it tho . Something about network connections .

Yea i don't know where that topic went eaither. I was the one that made the comment. My network drivers wernt working. I found out that you have to run the program thats on the desktop, forget what it was. It installs drivers that are on the cd. Plus the burn i did was corrupt, so i had to redo it. That problem is fixed now, i made this thread in Vista :-p

You could try trillian or some other msn/aim alternatives to see if they work tho.

Good Idea, I didnt even think about that. I did use AIM express, but that was gay.

as i told u, u must wait some time untill a new windows becomes more campitiabe with apps, just like windows xp, lots of apps didnt work with it untill compinies made it work with xp.

I know i have to wait for a more stable version, but it dosent hurt to disscuss problems, and see how to work around them.

Xilo
07-30-2005, 04:15 AM
Newest build of MSN Messenger 7.5 or whatever works with Vista. ATI and Nvidia both have beta drivers out for LDDM.

asmithz
07-30-2005, 04:17 AM
Newest build of MSN Messenger 7.5 or whatever works with Vista. ATI and Nvidia both have beta drivers out for LDDM.

Yea i tired 7.5 but it freezes when it signs on, and wheres these drivers?

EDIT: He He Found the drivers :-p

mnfesq
07-31-2005, 10:09 PM
I'm interested in trying out Windows Vista Beta - just curious, was this the 32-bit or 64-bit version you tried out?

atiVidia
08-01-2005, 02:26 PM
Ive been having no problems with vista

oh wait, it bluescreens with ram errors on every boot -_- Oh well. I guess its OK since Im in the beta program

asmithz
08-02-2005, 12:15 AM
I'm interested in trying out Windows Vista Beta - just curious, was this the 32-bit or 64-bit version you tried out?

32-Bit