PDA

View Full Version : Chris Angel: MindFreak

Busyman
07-30-2005, 03:09 AM
Anyone seen Chris Angel: MindFreak?

David Blaine should kiss his ass. :unsure:

He looks like a bitch though...yet he's a talented bitch.

http://www.crissangel.com/video.html#

http://www.crissangel.com/video2.html#

http://www.crissangel.com/video2.html#

He comes on A&E

http://spark.vo.llnwd.net/o1/crissangel/dvd_tv/tv.html

colt45joe
07-31-2005, 03:11 AM
this guy is wierd. saw his show, interesting stuff, and:

"searches on "how to levitate" rose an astounding 282% following a recent Angel performance in which he appeared to do just that"

hehe, i did a search on that also, and i did find something, and its fun to mess around with my family and friends showing them the new trick i learned :/

99%
07-31-2005, 03:24 AM
why don\t these people ever use their "power" to develop planes, cars without gas etc - more functional items eg- i think most transpostation of piano people could really use this power....
?

Guyver
07-31-2005, 06:08 AM
Iv watched this show every wensday so far, good show :)

asmithz
07-31-2005, 07:14 AM
Download all the eps, and his movie, gonna watch it now

jadine37
08-03-2005, 06:49 PM
he's way better than david blaine.. i love the show. i never figure out how he did that deja-vu illusion. wow.. :cool:

Mr. Blunt
08-03-2005, 07:12 PM
What time does this come on A&E? I saw it one night on that channel but it was like really early in the morning (around 3 or 4 am) and I thought like no one would ever see it. Haha.

Guyver
08-03-2005, 07:26 PM
What time does this come on A&E? I saw it one night on that channel but it was like really early in the morning (around 3 or 4 am) and I thought like no one would ever see it. Haha.

for me it comes on around 7-8pm

Mr. Blunt
08-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Haha. I forgot all about time zones. :P

TV listings say it shows two episodes from 10 to 11. I can't believe I've never seen it on then. I'm usually watching tv at that time period.

Guyver
08-03-2005, 07:49 PM
Haha. I forgot all about time zones. :P

TV listings say it shows two episodes from 10 to 11. I can't believe I've never seen it on then. I'm usually watching tv at that time period.

dont miss it lol, its an awsome show :D

jadine37
08-04-2005, 06:06 PM
anyone notice that david copperfield hasn't had any shows that i know of lately.

Grisbi
08-05-2005, 10:59 PM
The first time I watched that show he turned water into beer. Now that is a skill I would love to have.

scientia
10-13-2005, 08:13 AM
David Blaine is a joke. His best trick was the fake levitation using the Balducci manuever. You have to position yourself just right so that the observers can't see how its done. His labored efforts to get into this position are incredibly amateurish; a real performer would be much smoother and make it appear that the position was incidental. I say observers rather than audience because the blocked viewing angle isn't wide enough for much of a crowd, maybe three at most. Blaine is an awful magician who tries to cover up his failure with bad acting and camera tricks. His unabashed use of camera tricks to bolster his poor skills has lost him the respect of other magicians.

I suppose if Blaine is a joke then Chris Angel would be an amateur whose promotional skills greatly outweigh his sleight of hand. I've watched Mindfreak several times and I've yet to see any good magic. The method of each of his tricks is usually obvious while he's doing them; there is never a "Wow, how did he do that?" moment. All magic depends on control and misdirection but a good magician will let you think you know how a trick is done while using something better. When your assumption is disproven it's like following a set of footprints in the snow that end at a solid wall and you are left baffled. Actually, the print maker simply walked backwards and then stepped away from the track where you wouldn't notice and you walked right by without seeing it. With Angel, you notice the second set of tracks leading away before you get to the solid wall.

I lost most of the small amount of respect I had for Angel when he did the predicting the future and driving while blindfolded tricks. Pretending to have psychic abilities is a good sign of a lack of skill. For example, Uri Geller was a very, very poor magician but he managed to convince people he had psychic abilities because the lower standards. In contrast, I never had any respect for Blaine. Chris Angel has resorted to using staged sets where the "audience" was part of the performance and their reaction was fake but I don't think he has used actual camera tricks. He has done some tricks that wouldn't have worked with a real audience.

So, if magic were baseball, Angel would be playing Class A in the Minor Leagues with little hope of moving up and the coach telling him he may have to move down to the Rookie League. Blaine is playing Tee ball and will never make it to the Rookie League.

143lancemx3
03-31-2006, 06:01 AM
why don\t these people ever use their "power" to develop planes, cars without gas etc - more functional items eg- i think most transpostation of piano people could really use this power....

hahhehe, someones a lil queer here. Im sure if it were real they would use there "powers" lol