PDA

View Full Version : Convert DVD Interlaced to DVD non interlaced ??????

Josh
07-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Hello,
i have a film from the internet that was a DVD-5 now how to i convert it from an interlaced dvd to a non interlaced i cant seem to find a way of doing this is it at all possible.

AndrewBarker
07-30-2005, 08:29 PM
If you're going to be playing it on standalone dvd player and TV, then it needs to stay interlaced.

can't think of any reason why a non-interlaced DVD would be wanted.

Josh
07-30-2005, 09:10 PM
i didnt ask that tho i forgot to put that in my post, dont ask why or the reasons i would like to know how the process is done. My main reason is that a playstation 2 does not seem to play interaced discs very well the dvd is fine on normal players but on a ps2 it sucks and just freezes on first frame

mnfesq
07-31-2005, 09:53 PM
There is no way to convert from interlaced to de-interlaced without re-encoding. If you want to keep the dvd format, I suggest using dvd decrypter to copy to your hard drive, then re-encode using dvdshrink if you are a total noob, or dvd2dvd with the CCE SP 2.50 encoder if you have ripped dvds before.

Josh
08-01-2005, 06:05 AM
dont call me a noob i was only askin matey

i will just re-encode the film

mnfesq
08-01-2005, 07:51 AM
dont call me a noob i was only askin matey

i will just re-encode the film

Dude! I'm not calling you a noob, but I am calling DVDShrink a noob app. If you can use a better method for transcoding, I'm all for it. If you hadn't had the pleasure before, DVDShrink would still work and its about as easy as it gets. A wee bit sensitive are we?

Josh
08-01-2005, 05:42 PM
sensitive am i yes :) well i have dvd shrink so that will do i suppose do i just load it and re-author it

mnfesq
08-01-2005, 08:21 PM
Sorry to say this but, after checking a few sites on this, I learned that DVDShrink will not automatically deinterlace. Therefore, you will need to use an app that gives you this option. I recommend dvd2dvd using the CCE SP 2.50 encoder. Dvd2dvd is a free app, CCE is not, but it is widely available, and I can help you out with this via PM. For a completely free solution, you can also try dvdrebuilder and Qenc. Both of these solutions will give you deinterlace options and many other options to enhance your dvd rip.

Josh
08-01-2005, 08:32 PM
Well im ok on getting hold of software for free :) so what do i need can u put it in order for me

mnfesq
08-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Go Here: h**p://dvd-rb.dvd2go.org/

Josh
08-02-2005, 06:03 AM
so this can do it all for me

and will it rencode to non-interlaced automatically or do i have to set it