PDA

View Full Version : MTV Overdrive

brotherdoobie
07-31-2005, 04:08 AM
Have you checked out MTV's Overdrive? I love it. (I'm a sucker for the Real World...) You can watch one of five stations..TheLineup,Movies,News, and On TV...Two different ways. You can watch it like conventional tv, or video on demand. (you can pick the programming and playlist)

The videos,music,and studio concerts are streamed and the resolution is 416-by 312 pixel. I don't like the fact I can't use it with Firefox (requires Active X controls...but I can live with it.) Also it's encoded with Windows Media codec,so you have to accept DRM. It's encoded at 700 Kbps...so broadband is a must.

MTV news is shot in enitirely for the web now...so you see the whole program as opposed to the small amount shown on MTV.

http://www.mtv.com/overdrive/

Peace bd

ziggyjuarez
08-01-2005, 03:03 AM
I like the idea but it loads too slow.Needs lots of buffering and has a lot of ads.But i like it.

brotherdoobie
08-01-2005, 10:42 AM
I like the idea but it loads too slow.Needs lots of buffering and has a lot of ads.But i like it.

It loads pretty decent for me Ziggy. As far as the concept, pretty decent
eh? You can see where the future of tv is heading. :)

Peace Paul

GepperRankins
08-01-2005, 12:09 PM
i'm sick of them cashing in on my internet :dry:

ziggyjuarez
08-01-2005, 11:09 PM

It loads pretty decent for me Ziggy. As far as the concept pretty decent

the volume is also all fucked for me also.

Mr. Blunt
08-02-2005, 12:09 AM
Do we have to download that one program that it says it'll make it faster?

brotherdoobie
08-02-2005, 01:34 AM
It loads pretty decent for me Ziggy. As far as the concept pretty decent

the volume is also all fucked for me also.

As far as the buffering is concerned,download the Video Optimizer
it temporarily caches the files, so they will play back without
buffering. (Mr Blunt this is directed at you also...however,you
do not have to have it.)

Peace bd

brotherdoobie
08-02-2005, 01:43 AM
i'm sick of them cashing in on my internet :dry:

So,how much did the internet cost you Dave? (and who did you buy it from?) It's a free program and much of the internet is ad driven.

I don't particularly enjoy that fact. However, I am an adult and realize money makes the world go around. There are many more adverts on the telly,and they last about 30 seconds each.

Peace bd