PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Grand Theft Auto San Andreas HOODLUM

imasoldier
08-01-2005, 10:13 PM
I downloaded this last night and waited 8 hours to find that it is currupted or something. I read a few sections and some say you need par 2 files or something well it didn't come with par files is there something I can do? I don't want to delete this damn 4 gb game for nothing.

{I}{K}{E}
08-01-2005, 10:24 PM
if the one that uploaded the game didnt add par2 files you cant fix it.

imasoldier
08-01-2005, 10:30 PM
Omfg what a waste of time I downloaded from http://www.binsearch.info/ is it there? Cause I found it there and thats where I downloaded it. 3.9 gigs.

{I}{K}{E}
08-01-2005, 10:33 PM
Omfg what a waste of time I downloaded from http://www.binsearch.info/ is it there? Cause I found it there and thats where I downloaded it. 3.9 gigs.

you didnt download it from binsearch. you got the NZB from binsearch ;)

from which group did you download?

Grand.Theft.Auto.San.Andreas-HOODLUM | FTD:428880) [015/101] - "hlm-gtasa.r00" yEnc (1/79)
collection size: 4.03 GB, parts available: 6648 / 6648
- 1 sfv file
- 85 rar files

there are par2 files posted for that upload :happy:

Grand.Theft.Auto.San.Andreas-HOODLUM | FTD:428880) [000/101] - "h.nzb" yEnc (1/2)
collection size: 1.65 GB, parts available: 2710 / 2712
- 49 par2 files
- 2 nzb files

imasoldier
08-01-2005, 10:40 PM
Ok so all I have to do is download and it should work the other one you listed is the one I downloaded with the 85 rar files.

Grand.Theft.Auto.San.Andreas-HOODLUM | FTD:428880) [000/101] - "h.nzb" yEnc (1/2)
collection size: 1.65 GB, parts available: 2710 / 2712
- 49 par2 files
- 2 nzb files

{I}{K}{E}
08-02-2005, 09:00 AM
download par2. but not all @ once. just grab 2 or 3 and open 1 par2 file with quickpar.

quickpar will check all files. download more par2 if you still cannot fix the incomplete files.

imasoldier
08-03-2005, 12:06 AM
Ok I got it to work but for some reason when I look down I get this also when I look straight out it's all glitchy. I didn't mount or put the game on the cd all I did was extract then install could that be why? My specs are :

Win Xp
512 ram
2.6ghz
Nvidia 6800

[img=http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/5273/a6vb.th.jpg] (http://img94.imageshack.us/my.php?image=a6vb.jpg)

orcutt989
08-03-2005, 03:41 AM
What are your settings on? (Graphic)

{I}{K}{E}
08-03-2005, 10:44 AM
its it glitchy while playing? then you need to change (lower) the videosettings of the game.

imasoldier
08-03-2005, 02:37 PM
Why I don't get it I have a Nvidia 6800 Graphics card it shouldn't do that. The game isn't laggy at all. Also some times when I go into a different town everything turns blue. But it's like only in certain areas so maybe my game is sorta currupted? Also I didn't put the game on a cd nor did I mount it. All I did was extract it from the folder I downloaded and installed it.

imasoldier
08-03-2005, 03:32 PM
Well I turned down gfx all the way down still same thing. I knew it couldn't be the gfx.

{I}{K}{E}
08-03-2005, 03:42 PM
which forceware drivers are you using?

imasoldier
08-03-2005, 03:56 PM
The latest 77.76

{I}{K}{E}
08-03-2005, 04:17 PM
77.72 is the latest release (non-beta), but isnt working as good as the older builds (doesnt work with Valve games) try 71.89.

Smith
08-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Alot of people are having problems with gtasa. Hopefully a patch willbe comming out soon.

imasoldier
08-04-2005, 12:42 AM
Damn I can't play the game what a waste when are they going to update!!!!

Peerzy
08-04-2005, 12:51 AM
Stop demanding Game Developers to work, when you don't even bother to support them.

"Hey Mr Taxi Driver, drive faster and better, btw i have no money"

If you had brought the game you could have used there support email address and such, and at least got your money back.

yishak15
08-16-2005, 09:25 AM
got gta sa hoodlum from irc
opened w/ winrar says corrupt can't open the fifthfile and on .r04

Peerzy
08-16-2005, 03:44 PM
got gta sa hoodlum from irc
opened w/ winrar says corrupt can't open the fifthfile and on .r04

Download is fooked. Re-download from a better source, or install the mIRC script that stops resumed downloads becoming currupt.

Chipper
08-22-2005, 08:54 PM
how bout you guys use bit-torrent ive never had a corrupted files ever with it. when i got SA it worked fine so yeah bt rulez

Peerzy
08-22-2005, 09:13 PM
So does replacing 's' with 'z'

lolzzz

imasoldier
08-23-2005, 12:17 AM
how bout you guys use bit-torrent ive never had a corrupted files ever with it. when i got SA it worked fine so yeah bt rulez

Bittorent is not the best well in my opinion I downloaded over 10 full game dvds 4 gbs each in less then 2 days. You will never find a curropted file maybe missing files but it can be fixed easily. Also I found that I had installed GTA wrong I reinstalled it with dameon tools and the WHOLE game works perfectly.

maebach
08-23-2005, 12:37 AM
Also I found that I had installed GTA wrong I reinstalled it with dameon tools and the WHOLE game works perfectly.

I didnt think it was possible to install something the wrong way. :unsure:

orcutt989
08-23-2005, 03:22 AM
Also I found that I had installed GTA wrong I reinstalled it with dameon tools and the WHOLE game works perfectly.

I didnt think it was possible to install something the wrong way. :unsure:

Perhaps he is meaning "installing" as the whole act between setting up the disc images, and actually playing the game.

imasoldier
08-25-2005, 11:09 PM
No you are supposed to install it will dameon or any software that upacks it or what ever I had some how gotten into an image file without even putting it on a disk or using any such program and installed it from there. Maybe that could of been it maybe not but it works just perfect now.

Peerzy
08-26-2005, 01:16 AM
No you are supposed to install it will dameon or any software that upacks it or what ever I had some how gotten into an image file without even putting it on a disk or using any such program and installed it from there. Maybe that could of been it maybe not but it works just perfect now.

So i should install all my future games with Winrar :blink:

maebach
08-26-2005, 02:09 AM

So i should install all my future games with Winrar :blink:

:lol: :lol:

Spinkle
08-31-2005, 01:19 AM
Hey Guys,

This seems as good a place as any to ask for help... I downloaded the HOODLUM version of GTA:SA about a week ago, due largely to the fact that I cannot buy the game in any store, and have not been able to get it running up until this point. I've gotten as far as having the game installed and cracked but every time I try to run it the screen goes black as if it is changing resolutions and then just goes straight back out to the desktop. My system more than meets the requirements for the game, was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem, or if anyone has any ideas as to how I can fix it.

Thanks people!

Peerzy
08-31-2005, 02:22 AM
I've had that issue with other games. Try updating your graphics card drivers, update Windows as well while your at it. Where did you download it from? Did it install file (no error boxes?) and how did you apply the crack. You might think you've applied the crack correctly but infact you havn't.

linkandzelda
09-05-2005, 04:37 PM
Hey Guys,

This seems as good a place as any to ask for help... I downloaded the HOODLUM version of GTA:SA about a week ago, due largely to the fact that I cannot buy the game in any store, and have not been able to get it running up until this point. I've gotten as far as having the game installed and cracked but every time I try to run it the screen goes black as if it is changing resolutions and then just goes straight back out to the desktop. My system more than meets the requirements for the game, was wondering if anyone else has experienced a similar problem, or if anyone has any ideas as to how I can fix it.

Thanks people!

I had the the same problem. I downloaded GTA San Andreas Hoodlum Yesterday. I unpacked it and mounted it with deamon tools, installed it and run It. starts up and then a white screen come on and then another one. Then it does the 2 rockstar logos then the intro then a white screen comes up and it goes back to the desktop. Can anyone help me because you dont know how many times i typed this game into emule,limewire,bit torrent search
and have finaly found it. I realy want to play it please help.

xXGaMeKiNgXx
02-02-2006, 10:54 AM
i dloaded the game onto another comp and it worked fine on that comp but when i tried playing the game on another comp failures occured. the intro ran fine, same as the first mission big smoke, but when i try to enter any houses after i have completed that mission the computer suddenly turns off without returning to the desktop or anything, the screen just blacks out and then u have a computer thats turned off. i have checked all my drivers and my bios is up to date and my computer meets all specifications. please help me

ThAt BoYz -G-*
04-27-2006, 11:32 PM
How to do it?? TELL ME WHAT TO USE TO DOWNLOAD IT I HAVE THE NZB WITH ALL THE FILES NOW WHAT???

filetalker
05-02-2006, 11:53 PM
I have the same probs with this game,all other work fine,It is the game self

NeedHelpPLEASE
05-24-2006, 04:58 PM
Okay so I just got done downloading a FULL WORKING COPY of GTA:SA.
If somebody is still trying to download it..or downloaded a corrupt one, I can give you a FULL WORKING link to a non-corrupted version of GTA:SA - it's a hoodlum.If you want the link, please tell me how to install a hoodlum.
The website gave directions..
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Install:

1. Unrar
2. Burn or mount
3. Install
4. Copy the crack from HOODLUM dir on DVD to the game dir
5. Watch our intro
6. Play!

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

I need a more descriptive set of directions..
Un rar to where?
Should I burn it..or mount it. If mount..how do I mount it. If burn..do I just burn it to a DVD?..and do I burn just the RAR'S or all the files, because it came with files with extentions..
hlm-gtsa.30
through
hlm-gtsa.83

and then also had hlm-gtsa.sfv and then a "hoodlum" file.

Help me and i'll give you the link where I dl'ed it.---396 pages of comments from people said it works.

orcutt989
05-26-2006, 01:05 PM
Okay. You just find the file that ends with RAR (hlm-gtsa.rar). Extract this single file to anywhere you want. It is just going to extract 1 DVD disc image. Then you use alcohol 120% or whatever you want to burn the image to a DVD. You mount it in order to play it without a no cd crack.