PDA

View Full Version : Auto Gordian Knot Question

asmithz
08-02-2005, 12:22 AM
I am downloading alot of DVD's ATM about 20, but I need to convert them to xvid to save space. The thing is Im trying to use Auto Gordian Knot, to encode them. The problem is that, I mount it. Load AGK and click file and load the first vob. Does it encode all the vobs into one movie or just that vob? I want to be able to convert the whole movie into one avi.

fkdup74
08-02-2005, 04:14 AM
it should get em all
been a while since I used GK (not AutoGK though),
and that's how it worked, you select the first VOB and then it encodes the whole DVD to avi

from what I hear AutoGK is kinda similar (in function) to GK, just a little easier

give it a shot, just think, if it doesnt get the whole thing,
you've only wasted about a GB's worth of encoding :P

mnfesq
08-02-2005, 05:11 AM
If you select dvd input, it will ask for the directory containing all of the vob files and will select the vob files for a complete video. If you select file input, and you only select one .vob file, that is all you will get. In the file input mode, you need to select all of the .vob files you want to convert.

asmithz
08-02-2005, 05:57 AM
I got fed up, every time i encode something goes wrong. So i am just going to burn them.... Thanks Anyways

abu_has_the_power
08-02-2005, 06:51 AM
auto gk used to only allow ifo's. so try using something like dvd decryptor to rip ur dvd images to ifo files if auto gk can't directly recognize dvd's

{I}{K}{E}
08-02-2005, 08:09 AM
/fixed title

fkdup74
08-02-2005, 03:47 PM
auto gk used to only allow ifo's. so try using something like dvd decryptor to rip ur dvd images to ifo files if auto gk can't directly recognize dvd's

the IFO files should be there already, they're part of the structure, and if not,
then something like IfoEdit (http://www.ifoedit.com/) should do fine for creating them

abu_has_the_power
08-02-2005, 06:18 PM
no. i meant if he's trying to use dvd images