PDA

View Full Version : Cant install Silent Hill 4 and GTA SA

chapalax
08-03-2005, 01:10 AM
hey, whenever i try to install these games, an MS DOS window pops up for a second and disappears, and nothing happens
i cant install the games
i got both of them from torrentspy.com
thanx

micolithe
08-03-2005, 01:36 AM
Do you have the required system specs?

cpt_azad
08-03-2005, 02:54 AM
did u burn em or are u using daemon tools to mount the image files? or are you just double clicking on the iso/bin+cue/nrg/etc file?

chapalax
08-03-2005, 06:14 AM
i got 512 ram, with Geforce MX 440, not great but eanugh to play, but i think my windows installer got screwed up, cuz my cuzn download the same 2 games and installed them on his pc without mounting or anything, jsut clicked the INSTALL.EXE that was it, but i dont kno y i get the MS DOS window pop up

Peerzy
08-03-2005, 01:18 PM
i got 512 ram, with Geforce MX 440, not great but eanugh to play, but i think my windows installer got screwed up, cuz my cuzn download the same 2 games and installed them on his pc without mounting or anything, jsut clicked the INSTALL.EXE that was it, but i dont kno y i get the MS DOS window pop up

Your "cuzn" looks like he got them from else wear, might have been Kazaa if the file was INSTALL.EXE.

Either way try this:

Mount the game with Daemon Tools
Go to My Computer
Right click on the CD Drive with GTA SA on it
Click Explore
You can now see the DVD contents, double click on SETUP.EXE or INSTALL.EXE

chapalax
08-04-2005, 05:02 AM
tried, nothing helps, and my cuzn does have the same thing, its just i think my windows installer is screwed up, and i have no idea awt to do

Peerzy
08-04-2005, 01:10 PM
tried, nothing helps, and my cuzn does have the same thing, its just i think my windows installer is screwed up, and i have no idea awt to do

Touch up on your English, that should keep you busy for a bit, then try and install the game again :lookaroun