PDA

View Full Version : File Download Doesn't Start

:-)
08-03-2005, 11:46 AM
I am trying to download a TV Show using BitComet and received the following errror message on the Tracker Status line:

"Error: Tracker Response Error:Invalid peer_id"

followed by a string of characters.

What does it mean? And, how can I rectify the problem so I can get this episode?

Any ideas?

Thanks

(Apologies if this has been posted before but I DID search and nothing came up.)

BawA
08-03-2005, 12:07 PM
Are u trying to download a file from private tracker?
did u download the torrent from public tracker like mininova, cuz some of torrents r uploaded to public tracker but they need registration with the source(private tracker site like torrentbits).
usually there is a 'R' sign beside thoes kinda of torrents.

:-)
08-03-2005, 12:36 PM
Thanks for reply bawa@Klite_user but it was a public tracker and needed no registration.

I have sorted the problem out now though anyway - it seems that tracker didn't like BitComet so I'm downloading it using the basic Bittorrent client.

cldnails
08-03-2005, 02:34 PM
Hmmm...I don't see how BitComet would have anything to do with it...unless for some reason that client was banned from teh site....which is highly unlikely on a public site.

Probably what happens is your IP changed, therefore redownloading the torrent and starting it back up should have fixed that problem.