PDA

View Full Version : newshosting.com, giganews.com..

metallicaband
08-04-2005, 07:56 PM
what are the main differences between them ?

also , do any of 'em have a demo server so i can test how good they are ?! , cuz i'm curious to know how much stuff they release ( new + old ) , and how fast do they release the new stuff ( is it faster than the bittorrent community) ?

any help to lead me to the right way would be appreciated guys.

{I}{K}{E}
08-04-2005, 09:04 PM
you can test them by just paying for 1 month.

it doesnt matter which one you choose all groups and files on the servers are the same.
you should read how usenet works. its not those companies who put the warez/movies on usenet.

NewsHosting is cheaper (10 USD a month for unlimted account)

Giganews -> 50 days retention
NewsHosting -> 45 days retention

metallicaband
08-04-2005, 09:45 PM
thanks for replying..

can you give me a free server that shows the speed of the usenet network?

{I}{K}{E}
08-04-2005, 09:47 PM
thanks for replying..

can you give me a free server that shows the speed of the usenet network?

there are no good free servers :huh:

payserver -> your maximum downloadspeed :01:

lilrbbt
08-05-2005, 01:24 AM
Are there any newsgroup providers that have trial periods?

RealitY
08-05-2005, 04:57 AM
Some like YottanNews have trials at 1gb and capped at under 100K which is rather useless and Ive fond their retention seems crap also. I suggest you check out NewsHosting as its almost half the price of GigaNews and really no difference.If you do make sure to use our refferal banner at the top of this page...

tracydani
08-05-2005, 05:00 AM
You could always check out their websites (especially as you allready know the address :P ) and I am sure you will see the bit about a free 3 day trial at giganews.

Don't know about newshosting as I don't use them... But I figured you could probably look into that part;) :lol:

I have had a good experience (service etc.) with giganews for more then a year and have not switched to the lower priced newshosting because of that.

EDIT: Keep forgetting the referal service bit. Try newshosting (after the 3 day giganews trial :P )

SodiumChloride
08-08-2005, 02:54 AM
Newshosting has some pretty screwy prices... look at this
[Limited] Cost
10G/month $10
25G/month $20
50G/month $30
60G/6mo $50
150G/6mo $100
300G/6mo $150

[Unlimited] Cost
Monthly $14.95
6mo $83.70
12mo $155.40

So an unlimited monthly subscription costs $15 a month, but a limited (50G) month-long subscription costs $30.

prometeus
08-08-2005, 02:54 PM
So an unlimited monthly subscription costs $15 a month, but a limited (50G) month-long subscription costs $30.

You can take every GB with you every month so if you do not download that much your better off with a monthly subscription.

SodiumChloride
08-10-2005, 11:37 PM
Went ahead and signed up under "newshosting" from the link at the top of the page. Viva los filesharingtalk boards!

RealitY
08-10-2005, 11:47 PM
Went ahead and signed up under "newshosting" from the link at the top of the page. Viva los filesharingtalk boards!
Thanks for the support...

fkdup74
08-19-2005, 02:42 PM
You can take every GB with you every month so if you do not download that much your better off with a monthly subscription.

wtf are you smoking? :huh:

unless you buy the 10 for 10 plan, which is cheapest,
then the unlimited for 14.95 is the best for price/plan
unless 'unlimited' doesnt necessarily mean 'unlimited'...
(but that can be cleared up by reading their TOS)
....then any other plan is just fkn rediculous

did you fail economics in school? :unsure:

Damnatory
08-23-2005, 06:56 AM

wtf are you smoking? :huh:

unless you buy the 10 for 10 plan, which is cheapest,
then the unlimited for 14.95 is the best for price/plan
unless 'unlimited' doesnt necessarily mean 'unlimited'...
(but that can be cleared up by reading their TOS)
....then any other plan is just fkn rediculous

did you fail economics in school? :unsure:

I can guarentee Unlimited really does mean Unlimited when you use Newhosting! I have been using Newhosting for nearly a year now, taking at least 300GB a month! Giganews however will cap your bandwidth if they feel you are abusing it... Which I don't understand, as it does say: unlimited...
I was victim to this bandwidth cap of theirs once before, and when an email was sent inquiring, they locked my account and said they would refund the money, which has not happened. (9 months and counting).

So believe me when I tell you, Newshosting is superior to Giganews in all aspects.

brwise
09-19-2005, 08:38 PM
i have had giganews for 2 months (1mo. and a week or so) - dl'ed around 540gb my first month and had no problems... always maxed speeds and no emails or anything. going to switch to newshosting just cause of the price at the end of my current billing month tho, will be sure to use the banner here also

RealitY
09-19-2005, 08:49 PM
If you continue like that on GigaNews you will most likely be capped soon.
Also thanks for using our refferal when you do...

markcope
09-28-2005, 04:13 PM
been downloading 600 Gigs a month from Giganews for some time now, I also use newshosting & it's only really the retention that puts giganews as my main server. Maybe Giganews just shades it on reliability...hope this doesn't jinx my connection into being capped though....

cldnails
10-05-2005, 02:51 PM
I've used giganews and News Hosting and I have to say I like News Hosting better. They seemed to have a lot of problems a few months back but now they've got upgraded servers, therefore increasing retention and completion. Giganews was fantastic it was just $10.00 more for the same thing IMHO. News Hosting has not failed me in the past 4 months of use.

On a side note though, make sure you have the IP address allowed in PG2, that was the only thing keeping me from connecting properly.

tqt7vu4q7k3lw0
11-04-2005, 10:34 PM
http://www.forteinc.com
Forte Agent Premium Newsgroups
Forte offers a newsgroup service.
$10 monthly for 20GB,
$15 for unlimited downloads

any one with user experience ?

untraceable2
11-05-2005, 12:45 AM
http://www.forteinc.com
Forte Agent Premium Newsgroups
Forte offers a newsgroup service.
$10 monthly for 20GB,
$15 for unlimited downloads

any one with user experience ?

I've not used them myself but i just read there terms & conditions and it states the unlimited account is not quite unlimited
From terms & conditions
For our unlimited accounts, subscriber access is unlimited as long as there is no
excessive account usage. Excessive account usage is when an individual
subscriber's account usage is, in our opinion, substantially greater than the
average usage of all subscriber accounts during any calendar month.
so in other words about 20-50Gb's a month.
I personnally think newshosting.com is better due to better retention and its the same price for a true unlimited account.

Vash999
11-06-2005, 04:13 PM
Limited accounts are never a really good idea. Even if you don't d/l that much (I'll hit my comcast "cap" before giganews'), you'll burn through them really quickly. Unless you can "ration" it, you'll bust the cap quickly

Damnatory
11-07-2005, 04:44 AM
I've not used them myself but i just read there terms & conditions and it states the unlimited account is not quite unlimited
From terms & conditions
For our unlimited accounts, subscriber access is unlimited as long as there is no
excessive account usage. Excessive account usage is when an individual
subscriber's account usage is, in our opinion, substantially greater than the
average usage of all subscriber accounts during any calendar month.
I personnally think newshosting.com is better due to better retention and its the same price for a true unlimited account.
I've grabbed 300+GB from NewsHosting ever month for nearly a year... believe me, it really is unlimited.

Samurai
11-07-2005, 06:01 AM
Although I'm a Newshosting fanboy, Giganews users might like to learn that the retention is increasing to 70 DAYS in 2 weeks time :) .

untraceable2
11-07-2005, 08:00 AM
I've grabbed 300+GB from NewsHosting ever month for nearly a year... believe me, it really is unlimited.

i wasn't talking about newshosting, i was reffering to http://www.forteinc.com. i know newshosting is unlimited.

Damnatory
11-07-2005, 10:20 PM

i wasn't talking about newshosting, i was reffering to http://www.forteinc.com. i know newshosting is unlimited.
Oh! Pardon me, I miss read your post a bit it seems. http://www.spacepenguin.de/pix/smile/blush.png