PDA

View Full Version : Obsessive Compulsive

BigBank_Hank
08-04-2005, 10:18 PM
I think that everyone to a certain degree is obsessive compulsive about something. I know that I wash my hands way more than anyone else that I know and I can’t stand for my car to be dirty. My brother asked to borrow my car the other day and I told him no because he had to go down a gravel road.

So what’s yours?

sArA
08-04-2005, 10:52 PM
I am obsessive about checking what's happening here, and my ebay watch list.......

Apart from that, even my Bf agrees I am free from such vices. This is particularly fortunate because he has enough of them for both of us! :lol: :lol:

DarthInsinuate
08-04-2005, 11:09 PM
i wash my hands and face, whenever i come in from outside, which actually isn't that often

also before and after i eat, before and after i Playstation, only after i play guitar and after i use the phone. Oddly i don't wash my hands after i have a shit

Jon L. Obscene
08-04-2005, 11:16 PM
Odds and evens.

Everything has to be even, this comes from my math teacher at 6y/o telling us that even is good and odd is evil :rolleyes:
So I have to have everything even, if I turn 90 degrees left, I will have to turn back the same way, if I got 360 I have to turn 360 back, if I scratch my left leg I have to scratch my right in the same place etc etc etc.

Hows that for odd when everything is spose to be even :lol:

Jonno :cool:

Busyman
08-04-2005, 11:22 PM
1. Getting a list of things done and multi-tasking them.

I used to have a thing for being very neat and realized it was wrecking me and some of my relationships with females.

Any time I'd sit down to watch TV there was always something out-of-place..and then I'd never sit down.

I cured myself of that by purposely cured myself of this once when I was in my 20's by dumping alot of shit on the floor, so much that it was overwhelming, and slooowly found a place for everything over a 5 day period.

I'm not kidding either I lived basically like a slob for that short time period. Before that I'd be at home with a female and she'd talking to me and I'd be staring at a dust ball or something on the floor and go and pick it up...then I'd find something else to clean up. Some of them always thought I wasn't paying attention to them but I heard everything they said. It was a thing about eye contact I guess.

Last year even, I was over one of best friend's house and we were up watching a fight with his uncle. Later on they both fell asleep (everybody was drunk). I drank about half a bottle of Remy and was still up 'cause his fucking DVD's weren't in alphabetical order. :angry:

I alphabetized them (about 900) fell asleep after them (about 3am) and woke up before them (about 7:30am).

I can't you tell how many Magic Dusters I had. :(

NikkiD
08-04-2005, 11:23 PM
I'd have to say I'm obsessive about my downloads. I check them ridiculously often.

I also can't do anything halfway, like tidy the house, I have to do a meticulous job.

And clothes. And shoes. I can't just buy one thing, when I shop, I always go overboard. For example, if I find a blouse I like, but it comes in 4 colours, and I can't decide which colour I like, I'll just buy all 4.

I'd have to say I'm a fairly obsessive compulsive person.

Jon L. Obscene
08-04-2005, 11:29 PM
M....m.......m....m.......m...........m.ok I wont :P

NikkiD
08-04-2005, 11:30 PM
1. Getting a list of things done and multi-tasking them.

I used to have a thing for being very neat and realized it was wrecking me and some of my relationships with females.

Any time I'd sit down to watch TV there was always something out-of-place..and then I'd never sit down.

I cured myself of that by purposely cured myself of this once when I was in my 20's by dumping alot of shit on the floor, so much that it was overwhelming, and slooowly found a place for everything over a 5 day period.

I'm not kidding either I lived basically like a slob for that short time period. Before that I'd be at home with a female and she'd talking to me and I'd be staring at a dust ball or something on the floor and go and pick it up...then I'd find something else to clean up. Some of them always thought I wasn't paying attention to them but I heard everything they said. It was a thing about eye contact I guess.

Last year even, I was over one of best friend's house and we were up watching a fight with his uncle. Later on they both fell asleep (everybody was drunk). I drank about half a bottle of Remy and was still up 'cause his fucking DVD's weren't in alphabetical order. :angry:

I alphabetized them (about 900) fell asleep after them (about 3am) and woke up before them (about 7:30am).

I can't you tell how many Magic Dusters I had. :(

I know how you feel :( I even have my cleaning products organized.

I have a hissy fit if I find a glass in the living room. Or dishes in the sink. Or toys on the floor. I'm surprised I've not had an aneurism (sp?). I can't tell you how many toys I've actually thrown in the garbage because I've been so pissed off at finding them where they weren't supposed to be, after asking the kids to pick them up. (Ask Jonno, he's actually had to listen to my rants).

NikkiD
08-04-2005, 11:31 PM
M....m.......m....m.......m...........m.ok I wont :P

:dry:

pusher
08-04-2005, 11:32 PM
Whenever I go to sleep I have to check my alarm clock at least 5 times to make sure the alarm works properly.

Rat Faced
08-04-2005, 11:33 PM
... if I find a blouse I like, but it comes in 4 colours, and I can't decide which colour I like, I'll just buy all 4.

And never wear 3 of them :ph34r:

BigBank_Hank
08-04-2005, 11:34 PM
I also can’t stand to when little kids act crazy in shops. When I see kids like that running around and screaming and the parents just standing there it drives me nuts.

Jon L. Obscene
08-04-2005, 11:34 PM
Are you trying to tell us you have a wardrobe of blouses you've bought and not worn RF? :ermm:

Rat Faced
08-04-2005, 11:36 PM
Are you trying to tell us you have a wardrobe of blouses you've bought and not worn RF? :ermm:

No... I have a wardrobe full of stuff Nikki bought me :naughty:

NikkiD
08-04-2005, 11:40 PM
... if I find a blouse I like, but it comes in 4 colours, and I can't decide which colour I like, I'll just buy all 4.

And never wear 3 of them :ph34r:

:ph34r:

Busyman
08-04-2005, 11:41 PM
2. Someone bigger than me thinking he can push me around.

Normally if someone is fucking with me I don't mad...well at least until I get hit. If the person is bigger than me I fucking lose it.

3. Getting cut-off to the point of almost being in an accident.

I used always "get back" at the person by either getting back in front of them and hitting the brakes. For reason I would always calm down when found it was an old person. I get so hot headed that mother once always told me not carry my gun in the car.

When I had a Toyota Camry, a fucker in a Ford Expedition hit me almost head on and crunched my car (that was paid for) up to knees. My car was totaled. :angry: ......so when I get my Lincoln LS and a fucker cuts me off at the exact same intersection in the excat same manner (making a left on green facing me), I followed that car for about 15 minutes to kick the shit out of him but he never stopped.

4. People that are illogical and try to justify it and with that...
The people that buy it by default.

I have a habit of calling either of them on it if I'm around it and it's to a fault 'cause many find it offensive.
People liked to be bullshitted to a degree.

Jon L. Obscene
08-04-2005, 11:43 PM

No... I have a wardrobe full of stuff Nikki bought me :naughty:

You do? .......dammit :frusty: no fair!!

Everose
08-05-2005, 01:59 AM
My OC Behaviors are balancing the checkbooks, and also it really really really bugs me if my socks don't match my outfit.

In the throes of a concussion, after one of my wrecks, someone put hot pink socks on my feet. I had on mint green and black. I guess (don't remember a lot) I became so bothered by them they were removed to ease my agitation. :rolleyes:

Hank......uhm.........dirt roads can be fun, you know. I remember being on a lot of them in high school. :naughty:
mostly, of course, because I lived on one at the time. ;)

BigBank_Hank
08-05-2005, 03:33 AM
2. Someone bigger than me thinking he can push me around.

Normally if someone is fucking with me I don't mad...well at least until I get hit. If the person is bigger than me I fucking lose it.

3. Getting cut-off to the point of almost being in an accident.

I used always "get back" at the person by either getting back in front of them and hitting the brakes. For reason I would always calm down when found it was an old person. I get so hot headed that mother once always told me not carry my gun in the car.

When I had a Toyota Camry, a fucker in a Ford Expedition hit me almost head on and crunched my car (that was paid for) up to knees. My car was totaled. :angry: ......so when I get my Lincoln LS and a fucker cuts me off at the exact same intersection in the excat same manner (making a left on green facing me), I followed that car for about 15 minutes to kick the shit out of him but he never stopped.

4. People that are illogical and try to justify it and with that...
The people that buy it by default.

I have a habit of calling either of them on it if I'm around it and it's to a fault 'cause many find it offensive.
People liked to be bullshitted to a degree.
B I know exactly what you are talking about.

Someone ran me off of the road a few months back and that was what really made me try to chill out from then on. The lady runs me off of the road because she’s to damn lazy to wait an extra second for me to pass when there was no one behind me. I had to go off the road to avoid hitting her so when she saw me she stopped in the middle of the damn road and waited for me to get back onto the highway. She stayed behind me for a few miles until we got to the next red light and that’s when I lost it. While the light was red I threw the truck in park and got out of the truck and went to her car and started to curse and yell at her. If it had been a guy I would have hit him but since it was a woman I just stood there and berated her until the light changed.

whypikonme
08-05-2005, 03:59 AM
l have a friend whose mother can't leave a room without gathering up the energy inside and shutting the door on it at just the right moment. If she feels she shut the door too early, then the energy would have popped back in and she'd have to do it again. If she shut it too late, the energy would be sticking out, and she'd have to do it again. She'd have to do this a dozen times sometimes, until she felt she'd got it right.

whypikonme
08-05-2005, 04:01 AM
While the light was red I threw the truck in park and got out of the truck and went to her car and started to curse and yell at her. If it had been a guy I would have hit him but since it was a woman I just stood there and berated her until the light changed.

My hero! :01: