PDA

View Full Version : Can't remember the name of an SNES game I'm looking for...

Rip The Jacker
08-06-2005, 03:38 AM
Maybe you can help me out with something, I'm looking for an SNES game that I've played before, but I can't remember it's name. It was a looong time ago. All I remember is, you played as some guy with a sword, it was kind of a cheesy game with cheesy music, and you would run around attacking stuff. And you can get fruits that give you... uh... lets say abilities. Like oranges or grapes, I remember getting something that lets you blow a giant bubble to float upwards.

... now that I think about it, it sounds like a really weird game. :P

Anyone know the name of the game I'm talking about?

Skiz
08-06-2005, 03:44 AM
Bubble Bobble? :unsure:

Rip The Jacker
08-06-2005, 03:59 AM
The main character in bubble bobble was a guy with a sword? Man have I been missing out. :P

I'm sure it wasn't bubble bobble. In this game the guy would get one of the fruit, then blow a giant bubble (like with bubble gum) and help him float up to higher platforms.

Grrrr. It's gonna kill me until I find out...

suprafreak6
08-06-2005, 04:20 AM
was it one of those islander games?

Rip The Jacker
08-06-2005, 04:27 AM
was it one of those islander games?
What islander games? :unsure:

asmithz
08-06-2005, 04:58 AM
Sounds alot like Kirby :p

Rip The Jacker
08-07-2005, 08:23 AM
Sounds alot like Kirby :p
No it wasn't Kirby. :P

@suprafreak6
What islander games? :unsure:

suprafreak6
08-07-2005, 04:09 PM
there was some dude who was slightly chubby and he had only but a like hoola skirt on.

Illuminati
08-07-2005, 05:16 PM
I know which one you mean RTJ, I used to have it on the Game Boy.

If there was a skateboard in it, I believe it was Adventure Island.

orcutt989
08-07-2005, 05:47 PM
Bubble Bobble? :unsure:

There is no fruit in bubble bobble, and it doesnt give you special abilities. You might as well just have named some random game like SPIDERMAN.

muchspl3
08-07-2005, 06:38 PM
I know which one you mean RTJ, I used to have it on the Game Boy.

If there was a skateboard in it, I believe it was Adventure Island.
yea super Adventure Island IIRC

Rip The Jacker
08-07-2005, 06:55 PM
Nope, sorry guys but it wasn't any of the Adventure Island/Super Adventure Island games. I just saw screenshots for it.

The character in Super Adventure Island 2 looks like a kid, in the game I'm thinking about, the character is designed to look more manly, almost like someone you'd see in a Castlevania game...

Man it's going to kill me until I find out... thanks for all the help so far.

Rip The Jacker
08-07-2005, 09:46 PM
More Info:

The man had blue pants and a white shirt.

He ate fruits and blew bubbles that helped him fly for a short period of time.

The boss had a green poney tail, and one missing eye with a shine in it.

He used a sword, and attacked boars (something like that)

When you picked the level on the "Island" map, some kind of goofy jungle music played before the level loaded.

The boss's image was on the cartridge (evilish smile).

lightshow
08-07-2005, 10:13 PM
Super Adventure Island would be the closest game i've ever played that was like that. Haha, I saw you post on ign. Good luck. haha.

Rip The Jacker
08-07-2005, 10:49 PM
Super Adventure Island would be the closest game i've ever played that was like that. Haha, I saw you post on ign. Good luck. haha.
Yeah I asked for help here, at IGN, and at the Zsnes board. :P

And I found it! The game I was thinking of was called "Skuljagger."

http://www.juegomania.org/Skuljagger/fotos/snes/1/1814_c/Caratula+Skuljagger.jpg

http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/snes01/01/Sk%FCl%20Jagger%20-%20Revolt%20Of%20The%20Westicans.gif http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/snes01/01/Sk%FCl%20Jagger%20-%20Revolt%20Of%20The%20Westicans%20-%20Ingame.gif

Whoo. Thought I'd never find it! :lol:

BawA
08-08-2005, 12:01 PM
Maybe you can help me out with something, I'm looking for an SNES game that I've played before, but I can't remember it's name. It was a looong time ago. All I remember is, you played as some guy with a sword, it was kind of a cheesy game with cheesy music, and you would run around attacking stuff. And you can get fruits that give you... uh... lets say abilities. Like oranges or grapes, I remember getting something that lets you blow a giant bubble to float upwards.

dude its sounds like all SNES games, 2D game with bonus's to get powers and life :lol:

Rip The Jacker
08-08-2005, 07:59 PM

dude its sounds like all SNES games, 2D game with bonus's to get powers and life :lol:
Not really. In how many games do you get fruits that let you blow giant bubbles? :unsure:

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/6022/cherry5ia.jpg

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/2096/bubble6ih.jpg

Cherry = blow a bubble. Orange = spit exposive oranages. Grape = turn into a giant bublle and bounce around. Etc etc.

suprafreak6
08-08-2005, 08:31 PM
wow i never even heard of that game skuljagger who the heck would think of that

Helghast004
08-09-2005, 04:15 AM
Haha I was thinking of that exact game but couldnt figure out the title. I use to love that game, always played it at a friends house. Good times good times.