PDA

View Full Version : Jeff Lacy TKO over Robin Reid

JPaul
08-07-2005, 11:00 AM
Spoiler inside, perhaps. :angry:

It's on Sky Sport this morning, I won't bother watching it.

manker
08-07-2005, 12:51 PM
Spoiler inside, perhaps. :angry:

It's on Sky Sport this morning, I won't bother watching it.

My apologies, JP; that didn't properly occur to me.

I am an Ugly American. :(I disagree.

Greenday said it best :P

===

Wrt the pugilism, I don't much like Robin Reid. Over-rated and he's from Liverpool.

The bloke's not really got a lot going for him and usually ends up as a whipping boy for someone who can actually box a bit.

Not fit to lace Calzaghe's boots.

JPaul
08-07-2005, 01:20 PM
I agree, he's just a pretty boy.

Reid obviously, not Joe C.

However I think Joe really does need to fight some more really good Americans for his long term credibility. He must have made enough cash that he can afford to gamble on a few big fights.

As I recall he's only really done well re the WBO title, which is great don't get me wrong. It's just not as great as I think he's capable of.

JPaul
08-07-2005, 01:21 PM

Looking forward to Lacy v. Calzaghe later in the year.
Now we're talking.

Hopefully I can watch that without someone putting their big fat neb in. :shutup:

manker
08-07-2005, 01:33 PM
Lacy v. Calzaghe would be teh roka.

I dont think he (Calzaghe) has been ducking any fights, in fact I'm practically certain of it. Reid has fought a fair few quality Americans and lost all of them - they don't want to fight Calzaghe. Ever since he got his title and proved that he is dangerous it seems that the big fights have always gone to someone else.

He needs to fight them soon as he's knocking on a bit now.

JPaul
08-07-2005, 01:39 PM
Lacy v. Calzaghe would be teh roka.

I dont think he (Calzaghe) has been ducking any fights, in fact I'm practically certain of it. Reid has fought a fair few quality Americans and lost all of them - they don't want to fight Calzaghe. Ever since he got his title and proved that he is dangerous it seems that the big fights have always gone to someone else.

He needs to fight them soon as he's knocking on a bit now.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing yer man, he's had a smashing career.

I just agree that it's time he fought some of the really big names, before he's past his best. Get a big payday as well as confirming his greatness, for posterity.

Look at what happened to Hamed, when the really big challenges came along he wasn't good enough. I don't think that will happen to Calzaghe tho'.