PDA

View Full Version : Macromedia Launches Studio 8

tesco
08-09-2005, 12:43 AM
Macromedia Inc. Monday announced Macromedia Studio 8, the new version of its suite for Web designers, video professionals and graphic artists to design, develop and maintain interactive online applications and content. Macromedia Studio 8 is the first release of the San Francisco company's Studio suite since 2003, said Jim Guerard, vice president of product management for the tools business at Macromedia.

Macromedia Studio 8 features the latest releases of Macromedia Flash Professional, Dreamweaver and Fireworks, as well as Contribute and FlashPaper. The new release improves workflow features and includes new video encoding tools, new CSS (Cascading Style Sheets) enhancements, visual authoring tools for XML, and new tools for authoring and testing mobile content, Guerard said.

:source: Source: eWeek (http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1895,1845123,00.asp) | Neowin.net (http://www.neowin.net/comments.php?id=29837&category=main)
:view: Homepage: Macromedia.com (http://www.macromedia.com)

RealitY
08-09-2005, 07:44 AM
Seems overdue and looking foward to taking a look at this as Ive liked the app quite a bit...

true_neo
08-09-2005, 10:55 AM
Dreamweaver 8... I have cold chills running down my spine now... I can't wait :D :01:

tesco
08-09-2005, 03:51 PM
Dreamweaver 8... I have cold chills running down my spine now... I can't wait :D :01:
:sick:

Fireworks 8 on the other hand... :01:

true_neo
08-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Doesn't really look like Fireworks is the correct tool for a Web Developer :P

tesco
08-09-2005, 04:33 PM
Neither is dreamweaver. :sick:

true_neo
08-09-2005, 04:44 PM
Then what would you recommend, FrontPage? :dry:

NeoTheOne
08-09-2005, 04:57 PM
Dreamweaver is the truth lol , and yea i agree firefox sucks i just use Pscs2

tesco
08-09-2005, 05:13 PM
Then what would you recommend, FrontPage? :dry:
Notepad2 and you're own brain. :rolleyes:

true_neo
08-09-2005, 05:16 PM
Well, DW doesn't code my PHP so I believe I can disregard that comment.
In fact, I never use any of the auto-generation tools in DW even if I code HTML. I just use it because it can clean up XHTML and warn me about errors easier.
Then again, you strike me as the kind of guy who would rather do everything the hardest way and believe that anyone who uses any form of visual help is a n00b coder, so continuing this is pointless.

tesco
08-09-2005, 05:18 PM
Well, DW doesn't code my PHP so I believe I can disregard that comment.
In fact, I never use any of the auto-generation tools in DW even if I code HTML. I just use it because it can clean up XHTML and warn me about errors easier.
Then again, you strike me as the kind of guy who would rather do everything the hardest way and believe that anyone who uses any form of visual help is a n00b coder, so continuing this is pointless.
Nahh, I was only joking. :P

As long as you don't use it for the WYSIWYG :)

Rick Phlegm
08-09-2005, 05:44 PM
Not another tempting suite of programs :ph34r:

I'm trying to go legit and convert to open source apps instead :(

Illuminati
08-09-2005, 10:10 PM

Aye :D

I just hope Adobe haven't had their hands on FW's optimisation yet.

orcutt989
08-11-2005, 07:02 PM

Aye :D

I just hope Adobe haven't had their hands on FW's optimisation yet.

Oh no, why would we want that. 1 convenient program with everything..

sparsely
08-11-2005, 09:24 PM
Doesn't really look like Fireworks is the correct tool for a Web Developer :P

fireworks is a terrific program for creating web graphics....much better than say, Photoshop. As someone else already hinted at, its image optimization/compression genereally yields better results than Photoshop (esp with vector-based images).
Basically, Fireworks has basic tools to create, slice, & export both bitmap and vector images. Obviously it's not as powerful an image-editor as Photoshop & the like, but it was never meant to be.

I've been tempted to use applications such as dreamweaver in site design & markup, but never really saw any reason to do so.
sure, it can help speed up the process of writing the actual markup, but if you're using sematic markup, it's generally pretty easy anyway...
:P

true_neo
08-12-2005, 09:07 AM
fireworks is a terrific program for creating web graphics....much better than say, Photoshop. As someone else already hinted at, its image optimization/compression genereally yields better results than Photoshop (esp with vector-based images).
Basically, Fireworks has basic tools to create, slice, & export both bitmap and vector images. Obviously it's not as powerful an image-editor as Photoshop & the like, but it was never meant to be.Those are the things Web Designers want, I am a Developer :)

I've been tempted to use applications such as dreamweaver in site design & markup, but never really saw any reason to do so.
sure, it can help speed up the process of writing the actual markup, but if you're using sematic markup, it's generally pretty easy anyway...
:PI've gotten quite used to its syntax highlighting, and the PHP Help extension (plugs in a downloaded version of the PHP Manual) has been my friend for these past 2 years.
I don't use any of DW's features beyond Convert -> XHTML, Clean up XHTML, Apply Source Formatting and of course Tag Autocomplete.
Some might say the program is bloated them, but meh it worx4me :01: