Thread: Rss downloading

sleepyy's Avatar Old-Fashioned BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Over the past week i have read a few comments from people around the net people claiming that rss they can seed more i was looking at the tips and tricks guides for improvment of ratio and a few mention rss.

I have done a little research and it seems a little complicated for me could anybody explain what are the advantages downloading/uploading via rss. How do i download useing rss in utorrent can it be done in internet explorer?

Is it more secure or does it make no difference at all what can be more simple than draging a file into utorrent then clicking ok
    Last edited by sleepyy; 12-13-2007 at 09:16 AM.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    JA's Avatar //Me<3You!? BT Rep: +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100BT Rep +100
    RSS is just automatic downloading. Instead of sitting in your computer 24/7 you can modify stuff and basically choose what to download and what not..Just saves you time instead of sitting no your computer 24/7 waiting for each release to come out.
    eee

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    So i can just set up utorrent leave the pc on and say ahhh topgear comes sunday it's now currently thursday i can go out for that one week come back and top gear will be on my pc downloaded and seeding away from what ever bit torrent site that offers an rss service?

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    What do you mean by RSS downloading....?

1. Automatic download using Utorrent rss downloader or
    2. Rss reader like live bookmarks of Firefox?

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    So i can just set up utorrent leave the pc on and say ahhh topgear comes sunday it's now currently thursday i can go out for that one week come back and top gear will be on my pc downloaded and seeding away from what ever bit torrent site that offers an rss service?
    YUp...thats it..
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    Quote Originally Posted by kirktrix View Post

As you can probably tell i have no idea what i'm talking about but in these tips and tricks guides it seemed that rss is a good method of downloading / seeding via utorrent i remember people saying you can always use rss i have no idea what the topic was thouhgh

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    kirktrix's Avatar Killing Zone BT Rep: +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16BT Rep +16
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kirktrix View Post

As you can probably tell i have no idea what i'm talking about but in these tips and tricks guides it seemed that rss is a good method of downloading / seeding via utorrent
    Automatic download using utorrent downloader is the best way in downloading....almost all trackers that have rss link have a tutorial about that... u can check the forum of those different trackers...
    "Death is the result of weakness. The strong are the only ones who survive."

“I am prepared to die, but there is no cause for which I am prepared to kill.”

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Fair enough thanks

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    uTorrent has a very good tutorial on how RSS auto downloads work. Check their main page.

Oh but make sure you make your filters really well or you may start downloading 20 different copies of the exact same show/etc....
    Last edited by Showtimextx; 12-14-2007 at 09:53 PM. Reason: Automerged Doublepost

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    DanielleD87's Avatar bunny
    rss is nice especially, lets say you see the trailer for a big hollywood movie that you want to see, bit you're a quality nut and want at least a screener (or r5 w/e) but you know by the time that pres 3 months from now you will most likely forget the movie title and never watch it. you can set it in rss and 3 months later it will auto download. you look at it and go, wtf is this again? watch the trailer again, and realize it is a movie you wanted to see.

so it has more benefits then just raising your share ratio but automating things making your life easier.

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by DanielleD87 View Post
    rss is nice especially, lets say you see the trailer for a big hollywood movie that you want to see, bit you're a quality nut and want at least a screener (or r5 w/e) but you know by the time that pres 3 months from now you will most likely forget the movie title and never watch it. you can set it in rss and 3 months later it will auto download. you look at it and go, wtf is this again? watch the trailer again, and realize it is a movie you wanted to see.

so it has more benefits then just raising your share ratio but automating things making your life easier.
    Exactly what Danielle said, Also great for TV shows so you don't have to manually download each one.