Thread: Question about upload

Hi,

I just got a seedbox (my first one) and I can't upload more than 500kb/s (on a dedicated 100mbit/s server, not shared one) the download is right, 11.5mb/s.

I already tried at least 10 files to test the upload, just one I got 2mb/s.

Can someone point me files (the name would help) on torrentleech that I can see better upload/seeding speeds?

Thanks!

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    7th's Avatar the brazilian guy BT Rep: +1
    did you try clicking the "down arrow" to organize the torrents by the number of leechers?

Try one of those big movie packs

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    sez's Avatar c0V3r3Ð iN Ba57ArÐ BT Rep: +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23BT Rep +23
    Any new torrents should give you good upload speeds and for a shared $5 box i think you are doing more than ok.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    KushBlow's Avatar Zen BT Rep: +8BT Rep +8
    Most upload speeds cap if there are many users on one box.

From my experience I can tell you I shared a Kimsufi with 4 people who used it occasionally, and my max upload speed was 4000 kb/s. Even that only happened once, and then it dipped down to 2500 after a minute.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    brento's Avatar Poster
    Perhaps your speeds are being throttled? That happened to my seedbox for a short while. I suggest you inquire with your seedbox provider and make sure everything's alright.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Quote Originally Posted by KushBlow View Post
    Most upload speeds cap if there are many users on one box.

From my experience I can tell you I shared a Kimsufi with 4 people who used it occasionally, and my max upload speed was 4000 kb/s. Even that only happened once, and then it dipped down to 2500 after a minute.
    He mentioned it was dedicated.

Quote Originally Posted by 7th View Post
    did you try clicking the "down arrow" to organize the torrents by the number of leechers?

Try one of those big movie packs
    BAD BAD idea. Most of those leechers are partial seeders, and a massive movie pack would probably hurt your ratio more than help it.

Although your upload may seem low, your download seems fine so it may just be that the torrents aren't that popular. Try a popular tv show right when it comes out like true blood or something.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    i agree with rart.
    Last edited by momassalha; 08-08-2009 at 08:28 AM.