Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: what if you had stayed with your first tracker only?

Imagine what it would be like if you had stayed only with the first tracker you discovered. Assume that you would have no knowledge of other trackers even existing, let alone being able to compare the content or speeds or whatever.

I thought about this recently and realized that I'd probably be happy as hell with Bitsoup. I'd have stuck around there and been a member for over 2 years with TBs seeded from home, never even knowing I could have more (or less) from anywhere else online.

I'm not asking which tracker is your favorite or whether you'd be better of or not or what it was. I don't care. But where would you be in your torrenting e-life if that first tracker, your first love, was the only one you'd ever known? Just imagine.

2. BitTorrent   -   #2
    i would be pretty content i imagine. This whole tracker hype is pissing me off a lot, its as if people completely misunderstand what torrenting is about. Not to mention the whole same-person-every-site syndrome.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    revtt and tl is n00bs...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swepsycho View Post
    i don`t use mozilla n00b...... is addon in internet exp...?

3. BitTorrent   -   #3
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Well it depends on which tracker I would really consider my "first". My first was demonoid, but I wouldn't really consider it a "private" tracker considering how often it's open, the external torrents, and how people who don't have an account can DL from it.

My first private tracker that actually cared about my ratio/seedtime would be TL, and I think I would've survived just fine. Almost all the content I want is there, with the rare exception of some VC games I get on BCG, and its easy to seed. I think I would've done just fine.
    Last edited by Rart; 09-10-2009 at 08:41 PM.

4. BitTorrent   -   #4
    IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Quote Originally Posted by c0pyr1ght View Post
    Imagine what it would be like if you had stayed only with the first tracker you discovered. Assume that you would have no knowledge of other trackers even existing, let alone being able to compare the content or speeds or whatever.
    You are in fact almost exactly describing the first 3 years of my torrenting life on Aradi and yes I was both happier and more content.

5. BitTorrent   -   #5
    megabyteme's Avatar RASPBERRY RIPPLE BT Rep: +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19BT Rep +19
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    You are in fact almost exactly describing the first 3 years of my torrenting life on Aradi and yes I was both happier and more content.
    I stayed to TBy (earlier when it was TB) since 1/05. I'm still active there. It satisfied my content needs and when I decided to join the forums, everyone was (and still is) a lot of fun. I started looking around 6-9 months ago and have enjoyed the new experiences. Chuckled at some of the discussions that had the same arguments, but different players. And have found a few new places I think of as home. TBy is still one of my favorites.

Good topic, OP!
    Ghey lumberjacks, wolverines, blackflies in the summer, polar bears in the winter, that's basically Canada in a nutshell.

6. BitTorrent   -   #6
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by megabyteme View Post
    ]

Good topic, OP!
    i agree with megabytme.

for me i am sure that I would survive with revolutiontt its great tracker have all my needs games and films and its have active forums .
    Last edited by momassalha; 09-10-2009 at 09:42 PM.

7. BitTorrent   -   #7
    hagckz0r's Avatar Dreams Come True BT Rep: +6BT Rep +6
    For sure it would have been the best option, my first was Iplay. Honestly all those trackers don't do anything more than just to create confusion in your little brain.
    I'll reply you like no one else

8. BitTorrent   -   #8
    ghurka's Avatar Welsh Bhoy BT Rep: +5
    Snap....I miss Aradi. Remembered I still had this yesterday

For me it's a bit like going into a bar where it's wall to wall with different beers. All I really want is my favourite beer.

9. BitTorrent   -   #9
    brento's Avatar Poster
    I think I would be at Cheggit.
    Good site but only pr0n would get kind of old after awhile

10. BitTorrent   -   #10
    TheKebab's Avatar Member
    I think I would have been more content for some time. My first private tracker was TTi which I got from one of my friends, and I would sure keep seeding for that 10-TB user class.

However, I would probably be in a bit of despair since TTi deleted their torrent DB this spring trying to become legal (just to return to standard sharing later). Now the site has lost it's lifespark, regulars deleted their accs and found new places during the "legal time", so now the site is kind of meh.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast