Thread: Am I being spyed on?

Hi I'm new to the forum but I'm along time bit torrent user and started with Kazaa back in the day. Anyway lately I've been noticing different programs in the list of the Run dialog box on the computer. I was wondering are these things being done remotely or does someone have to be running them locally to get them to appear in the list. Or do they automatically appear in the run list sometime when you have other software on the computer that activates them.

They are Explore.exe Command.com as well i think Ipconfig. How can I tell if there's something going on if somebody is running them for whatever reason.

Thanks

2. Software & Hardware   -   #2
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

3. Software & Hardware   -   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffery View Post
    Anyway lately I've been noticing different programs in the list of the Run dialog box on the computer.
    That's a bit weird if you aren't sharing your computer with anyone. I suggest changing your Windows account password and doing a malware scan.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

4. Software & Hardware   -   #4
    Yes I know what they do but I want to know that if they could appear in the run prompt with out someone typing them in or would that come up if someone did it remotely or could a program cause them to show up in the Run prompt.
    Last edited by Jeffery; 09-05-2010 at 07:57 PM.

5. Software & Hardware   -   #5
    Burnsy's Avatar TorrentSeed.org RIP BT Rep: +1
    Yes I know what they do but I want to know that if they could appear in the run prompt with out someone typing them in or would that come up if someone did it remotely or could a program cause them to show up in the Run prompt.
    Apologies... I mis-read your post, thought you just wanted to know what they were...
    Quote Originally Posted by IdolEyes787 View Post
    I'd comment further but it would obviously be like trying to reason with a dung beetle.

6. Software & Hardware   -   #6
    they could appear in the run prompt with out someone typing them in or would that come up if someone did it remotely or could a program cause them to show up in the Run prompt.
    It could happen in all of those cases.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

7. Software & Hardware   -   #7
    Expeto's Avatar current user title
    Am I being spyed on?
    We all are... thank god some of us are hitting back
    Last edited by Expeto; 09-07-2010 at 05:13 PM.