Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Fall 2010 TV series

IdolEyes787's Avatar Persona non grata
    Now that they've more or less all premiered , anyone watch any ? Anyone like any?

I caught the first episode of several ( Hawaii Five-0 ,The Event, The Undercovers ,Chase, No Ordinary Family ,Boardwalk Empire ) but didn't ( with the exception of The Undercovers) hate any but didn't have any inclination to tune in again either .
    Respect my lack of authority.

2. Movies & TV   -   #2
    MagicNakor's Avatar On the Peripheral
    I actually liked Lone Star but didn't expect it to survive on FOX (which it didn't). Running Wilde (also on FOX, likely also cancelled) feels like an alternate-reality Arrested Development where Gob is completely estranged from the Bluths, but isn't as funny; they should have used Tony Hale instead of David Cross.

things are quiet until hitler decides he'd like to invade russia
    so, he does
    the russians are like "OMG WTF D00DZ, STOP TKING"
    and the germans are still like "omg ph34r n00bz"
    the russians fall back, all the way to moscow
    and then they all begin h4xing, which brings on the russian winter
    the germans are like "wtf, h4x"
    -- WW2 for the l33t

3. Movies & TV   -   #3
    tesco's Avatar woowoo
    Quote Originally Posted by leegrace View Post
    New Fall 2010 TV series ?? I have never watched it, Kindly suggest me some more info on this show.. I really wanna know.

4. Movies & TV   -   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by tesco View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leegrace View Post
    New Fall 2010 TV series ?? I have never watched it, Kindly suggest me some more info on this show.. I really wanna know.
    He probably doesn't have cable.

Shows that I've seen so far.

Better with You
    Blue Bloods
    Chase
    The Defenders
    Detroit 1-8-7
    The Event
    Hawaii Five-O
    Lonestar
    Lost Girl
    Mike & Molly
    My Generation
    Nikita
    No Ordinary Family
    Outlaw
    Outsourced
    Raising Hope
    Running Wilde
    S#*! My Dad Says
    Undercovers

Shows that I have liked so far

5. Movies & TV   -   #5
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Haven't checked out any of the new shows coming out. I don't trust the TV industry enough anymore to sacrifice 40 minutes to a giant crap shoot. Judging from your comments though, I guess I made the right choice. I'd watch Hawaii Five-o though, if only for Grace Park

Still following quite a few shows though. I've renewed my interest in Dexter, have caught up through season 4 and now am watching them as they come. Pretty amazing shit. Supernatural premiere was a bit weak, but the recent episodes have been amazing. Still following glee as well (Grilled Cheezus was amazing, btw). Occasional Big Bang as well here and there. I should revive some of the older threads on these shows when the new episodes are out, it would be nice to get some decent discussion started on them (if anyone still views this section/these shows anymore...).

And I apparently managed to lock the thread as well. Woops.
    Last edited by Rart; 10-22-2010 at 08:55 PM.

6. Movies & TV   -   #6
    Nice to see you're still alive bud.

I want to love Grace Park but she just too skinny
    Yeah Grilled Cheezus , you have to laugh at the very idea.
    I'm basically sticking to the old series too and the real irony is that for the first time in my life I have a kick -ass home theater set-up (relatively speaking) with 200+ channels and I'm finding less and less reason to turn on the TV.
    I'm reduced to catching up on Burn Notice and watching the Nation Geographic channel and the Food Network .
    Fat people really benefit by the big screen HD btw.

7. Movies & TV   -   #7
    Rart's Avatar Hold The Line
    Yea college is a bitch Shitload of work but we have an amazing hockey team. The games are fucking amazing, we scored 5 goals in the first period in our last game . Makes it all worthwhile. However they're all just a bunch of canucks recruited from Canadia. And two Texans Didn't even know they knew what hockey was down there.

I used to swear by Burn Notice and watched every single episode. It always followed a case-of-the-week kind of deal but it was still great considering how fun and unique the episodes were. But honestly though after three seasons it really does start to get stale after a while. And the new character (don't know how far you are?) is really quite bland and doesn't really add anything new to the show. I think the main storylines are actually pretty entertaining but progress far too slowly to be taken at face value. If they perhaps transition to purely focusing on a singular story line that could really be the saving grace of the show, but I doubt that'll happen. I'll give it a shot when it comes back from it's mid season break, but I'm not sure how much longer I'm going to stick with it.

Also, a pirate with an HD setup and a channel subscription? That's something you don't hear everyday.

And Food Network? Embracing your deeply feminine side? Trying to impress Detale or something? Whatever floats your boat I guess.

8. Movies & TV   -   #8
    I find most of this year's new shows suck. I like Terriers, but its ratings are apparently horrible so its probably going to get canceled. Lone Star was promising but it got axed by Fox.

9. Movies & TV   -   #9
    Poster BT Rep: +1
    Amongst the new series, I am currently watching The Defenders and Chase. Both are pretty good however still no awesome series like lost, prison break, 24, heroes etc

10. Movies & TV   -   #10
    HeavyMetalParkingLot's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rart View Post
    Didn't even know they knew what hockey was down there.
    There are 17 pro and semi pro teams here :-P

OT: I am waiting for The Walking Dead that starts on Halloween and Rubicon has been enjoyable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast