Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Where is the metal gone?

Elvenmunky's Avatar Day Sleeper
    no offense but the guys voice in a7x does my nut in! yeh i wanted to know if there are any new nu-metal bands on the likes of slipknot and korn and yes...linkin park, im into this sort of music and im proud of it, i grew up with it.
    Last edited by Elvenmunky; 06-25-2007 at 06:39 PM.
    "Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War.
    Our war is spiritual. Our depression is our lives." - Tyler Durden

2. Music   -   #12
    Yeah I grew up with Linkin Park too. I remember playing Hybrid Theory all through those Catholic retreats my parents made me go to.

As for Avenged Sevenfold... vocals sound completely different in Sounding the Seventh Trumpet than City of Evil. So I don't know to which 'voice' you are referring.

Nu Metal isn't the Metal I'm thinking of, then, I guess.

The lyrics of nu metal songs tend to reflect on the stresses and mishaps of everyday life. Large amounts of teenage angst exist in nu metal lyrics and the genre receives massive amounts of criticism for this from the metal purist community at large. Topics covered in this manner range from feelings of alienation, abuse, socio-economic status and relationship/marital difficulties[citation needed]. Often, the tone of the songs resemble emotions felt by adolescents, such as intense frustration and being misunderstood. Those who do strongly identify consider this to be affirming, while those who do not tend to perceive the lyrics as being some combination of depressing and juvenile.
    I can definitely relate to this genre, but other than the bands previously stated, I don't know of any.
    Last edited by Brenya; 06-25-2007 at 08:09 PM.

3. Music   -   #13
    silent h3ro's Avatar Poster BT Rep: +9BT Rep +9
    Quote Originally Posted by Brenya View Post
    A good screamo/metalcore band is Avenged Sevenfold. And if you have this image in your mind that all emo/screamo bands are pussies... well let's just say you haven't seen a7x in concert.
    I will second that. I've never been to one of their concerts but if they come to Detroit I think I might have to go to it. This is one of my favorite bands of all time.

Also, yeah City of Evil, thier newest album, has a much different sound than their older albums. In fact I can't even get my self to enjoy most of the songs on City of Evil but all their older stuff is good.

@Brenya - Oh yea and just because LP may not sound 'hardcore' they are still very good (Hybrid Theory and their remix CDs).

Quote Originally Posted by Linkin Park
    Bullet for my valentine and all the trivium albums
    Although those bands might be too 'emo' for this guy...
    Last edited by silent h3ro; 06-25-2007 at 10:50 PM.

4. Music   -   #14
    SaveFerris's Avatar ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻ
    Start looking to the past instead of the present. That's my advice.

5. Music   -   #15
    cheers guys

6. Music   -   #16
    phrenzy's Avatar Baked BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    Seems like most of these new bands tend to lean towards death/black metal and the others fall into emo to me... Whats left... not much.. Where has the good ol metal gone to...

7. Music   -   #17
    Rush ftw!

8. Music   -   #18
    what do I put here? BT Rep: +10BT Rep +10
    god I hate that fuckin word Emo it isn't even a word stupid modern teenagers come up with it ffs

I am for Christ sack all music is *emotional* in some way

9. Music   -   #19
    emo music is for rich kids who claim thier life is shit.

10. Music   -   #20
    metal sucks listen to real music heres real music

:pietasters, mustard plug, toasters, dance hall crashers, the police, the clash,the ramones, madness,the jam, iggy & the stooges, the buzzcocks, the boys, bob marley , billy idol, the briefs, social distortion

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast