Page 54 of 740 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764104154554 ... LastLast

Thread: Last one to post wins the internets

Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbarossa View Post
    The quality of the music is more important than the quality of the sound.
    Bad sound quality won't let you enjoy good music quality. With that said, some people can take it to extremes (feel free to look up any "MP3 vs. FLAC" discussions).

As we all know, 128 Kbps tracks from Limewire beat everything else anyway
    To elaborate, I used to have a mate who bought all the top of the range hi-fi equipment he could get his hands on, just so he could play shitty dance tracks and rap and stuff.

I would much rather hear good proper music that I like with guitars and drums and real singers played on a crappy tape deck, than crap music played on the best equipment.

128 Kbps was always good enough for me back in the day, although I prefer at least 192Kbps now, or more of course, now we have effectively infinite storage and high speed broadband. (Not that my ears can really tell the difference...)

2. Lounge   -   #532
    To elaborate, I used to have a mate who bought all the top of the range hi-fi equipment he could get his hands on, just so he could play shitty dance tracks and rap and stuff.

I would much rather hear good proper music that I like with guitars and drums and real singers played on a crappy tape deck, than crap music played on the best equipment.
    Fair point, and so would I.

128 Kbps was always good enough for me back in the day, although I prefer at least 192Kbps now, or more of course, now we have effectively infinite storage and high speed broadband. (Not that my ears can really tell the difference...)
    I'll admit I'll take V0 if given the choice, just in case, but at the end of the day I'll settle for whatever sounds good.

This book explains (among many other things) all the stuff the engineers behind MP3 had to go through to make it sound decently, first at any bitrate, then at 128K. It's a good read.
    "I just remembered something that happened a long time ago."

3. Lounge   -   #533
    shaina's Avatar Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by anon View Post
    As we all know, 128 Kbps tracks from Limewire beat everything else anyway
    320Kbps is DJ and Industry standard, but you could settle 256kbps

I actually took that statement (once i took a second look), as not on the actual recording/sampling, but the type of music/genres/artists

And to be honest Anon, if you take the size of the file or how it is compressed into consideration, there is something to that on the quality of output or how it is decoded..

MP3 (128kbps) is quick and pretty much every player reads them but i wouldn't say it is the best listening quality, but it is usually what i use in my backyard for playback, but i wish they didn't get rid of 8tracks
    Last edited by shaina; 11-18-2016 at 01:52 PM.

4. Lounge   -   #534
    Barbarossa's Avatar mostly harmless

5. Lounge   -   #535
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Quote Originally Posted by shaina View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by manker View Post
    Is that what you see
    I've always thought that it's not the mouth it comes out of, but the mind it goes into.
    What i saw was the prints did look really cool, and what ever the bloody things cost if you really wanted them for your kids room and he/she would enjoy or would entertain them , ya frigging buy it
    Remember being an Accountant Manker(or a Bean Counter in your words), it is only money, and there is plenty more to hide earn
    No way, Pedro. What I've gleaned from the beans is that ripping people off or getting ripped off isn't the way up the mountain. My superpower is to look at the selling price of a product and almost instantly discern the gross profit percentage.
    That cock wants someone to play his 1500% game and is using kids to do it. He can fuck the fuck off.

The original painting is different. He might have put months into it. Fine if he thinks his time and talent is worth that kind of mark-up, sincere good luck to him getting someone to pay it.
    But flat bed printing?
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

6. Lounge   -   #536
    manker's Avatar effendi
    Republican scumboid
    I bet you could buy her new curtains for half that amount and she brings in more via Japanian tourists alone.
    I plan on beating him to death with his kids. I'll use them as a bludgeon on his face. -

--Good for them if they survive.

7. Lounge   -   #537
    JPaul's Avatar Fat Secret Agent
    Tonight I will simultaneously be drinking t'apple, watching t'hoops play puntsphere and watching t'arras.

Does it get any fucking better than t'hat.

8. Lounge   -   #538
    Something Else's Avatar sex a wolf in a bag BT Rep: +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70BT Rep +70
    That does sound good. I will be dancing to some gypsydelica music, painting people's faces and getting hepped up on goofballs to the max.
    Now go away.

9. Lounge   -   #539
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    I shall be getting properly wopped with a blend of strenuous strangling weeds, coiffing the vino la rouge, listening to horrible foreign children arguing over wanky Minecraft, cos the twelve year old is here and he reckons he's a Minecraft savant, which he isn't, fuck I hate Minecraft, and I plan to watch as much Keith Moon drum performances as possible, with the sound down.

10. Lounge   -   #540
    chalice's Avatar ____________________
    Ha. Busyedit lives.